Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs Created a Strong 44% Downtrend for Ether in 14 Days - page 2. (Read 465 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 0
Due to the ICO owners accepting ETH as their capital, we are slowly giving them the power to control the market of ETH while they can choose to pump their tokens and dump ETH as much as they wish to. This is not only alarming but also thought provoking. We should not give ICOs so much power to change the tide of the market based on their own wish.
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
I am wondering if ether can get recover in a small quantity of time. If it goes down in two weeks it will be not a surprise that ether prize can recover in 2 weeks. If this happens its a good amount of profit.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
Within a period of just 2 weeks (August 1 — August 14), the price of Ether, the native crypto of Ethereum network, plunged by 44%. In two weeks, the price of Ethereum dropped from $470 to $260, marking its lowest point this year by plummeting below the $300 mark for its first time since early November last year.

The whole Crypto market faced a sharp decline in real valuation, losing almost $150 billion of its real valuation in within a month. However, Ether, which performed particularly well against the US dollar over other bull Cryptos such as Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, easily turned out to be one of the worst performing Cryptos in August.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/icos-created-a-strong-44-downtrend-for-ether-in-14-days/

this decline was caused by the cobinhood exchange who dumped the 45 million$ in ether this is why the price dropped to this level if the  price of ether get recover then the marketcap of overall market will recover as well
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
Yes you are right! ETH very much fell in relation to other top coins, but everything has its own explanation. Causes as always can be a lot, for example, whales want to purchase ETH at a cheaper price before rising, and now they are playing on the slide. Especially soon the global updates in the Etherium network are planned.
Activity: 215
Yes, I think people don't need to be worried about this. This is the middle of the year and such downs will happen. Sometimes before a huge rise, the prices usually fall and that's okay. What we need to do is to hold as long as we can. We should wait for the market to be healed.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
Within a period of just 2 weeks (August 1 — August 14), the price of Ether, the native crypto of Ethereum network, plunged by 44%. In two weeks, the price of Ethereum dropped from $470 to $260, marking its lowest point this year by plummeting below the $300 mark for its first time since early November last year.

The whole Crypto market faced a sharp decline in real valuation, losing almost $150 billion of its real valuation in within a month. However, Ether, which performed particularly well against the US dollar over other bull Cryptos such as Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, easily turned out to be one of the worst performing Cryptos in August.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/icos-created-a-strong-44-downtrend-for-ether-in-14-days/

[im g]https://coinidol.com/upload/resize_cache/iblock/739/900_900_1/7396855ec1795da3a6c5e8ef2c129c14.png[/img]
Putting all the blame on the ICO's is a bit harsh if you ask me.
Basically all coins out there have dropped incredibly low recently, ethereum has been doing a bit worse than the rest but it also got high while all others went down before that as well, I believe ethereum tried to hang on as long as it can but eventually cave in and dropped as well which made it a sharper fall but still the same numbers like others. Hence, do not put all the blame on ICO's but also market has to get the blame as well, market is down for every single coin, why not for ethereum.

If you look at it that way, there is now way ethereum could have stayed up.
Activity: 490
Merit: 123
If we consider that ETH had a all time high of 1400$ then 260$ amounts to 8over 81% drop, this is huge. There was many that anticpated 78% drop but not more this is why ICO dump could be real explanation of this situation. Some of them could realy chickened out and gived in to panic.  At this point i dont see that ETH could go lower.
Activity: 95
Merit: 4
Just be optimistic and use this as a golden opportunity to buy ethereum for really cheap.  It is the 2nd most trusted crypto coin after bitcoin.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
Ethereum is a coin with a use - ICO tokens are built on Ethereum platform and if these tokens have a problem, the whole network has the problem. Noone uses tokens, nonone uses the platform (network). So that is why Ethereum now falling down.
Activity: 362
Merit: 10
It all depends on bitcoin price movement- We can't handle this situation, if you're a holder then time for you to buy more- Search for a legit ICO that you know it will grow up potentially.
Ethereum could reverse back to it's price so be patience for now.
Activity: 574
Merit: 34
it worries me. Sometimes I have a feeling that the market will rise. but still not rising. ICOs are so unsuccessful. The Bounty campaigns are not making the payments they promised. Everyone who enters the market is disappointed. Must return to 10 k levels by the end of this year. ETH must be at least 500 USD. We should get more good news
Activity: 239
The price of the coins are slightly high now. We have seen lots of ups and downs in market last few months. Ethereum is a trustable coin. I think it will have a good growth again.
Activity: 196
150 billions USD is a really enormous! But i think the market will recover the loss very soon. But i can not understand how can ICOs creates this bearish trend for Ethereum? I hope the bull will come back soon.
Activity: 78
Last 2 weeks were like disasters for the cryptocurrency market. Especially Ethereum had a serious break down. ICOs will also have a bad time if Ethereum falls like this.
Activity: 86
I think that there is still hope and we will wait and see to the last.
Activity: 53
I assume this is for sharp edge asset evaluation which is good for us in the long run. Don't lose hope and keep investing. I am pretty much optimistic about the future of ETH, let's see what happens.
Activity: 51
The whole market is going downward. So Ethereum is just following the trend. And I think ethereum is dependent on bicoin. Unless the price of bitcoin increases, ethereum price will continue to falling down.
Activity: 39
At this rate, the value of ether will continue on a downward trend, the only compensating thing is the fact that most icos wont want to list in this current market condition. However, it is very likely that market conditions will improve towards the end of September which is when the SEC's decision on CBOE's ETF application will be released.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Arabic Translator
these kind of news with clickbait headlines are the primary cause of the continuous drop of price .ETH went down just like all other coins which is a steep correction nothing more because of these FUD news plus whales manipulation.
one of the reasons ETH price dropped heavily was because of EOS, which created a hype that it will replace ETH in the future that made investors shit their money into it .
Activity: 51
I am really disappointed to see the performance of ethereum recently. I don’t have any hope on it now. Maybe it will not survive in crypto market so far. Very soon it will be completely crashed.
Pages:
Jump to: