Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs: The Cancer of the Digital Currency Industry - page 3. (Read 1248 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 102
There are still ICO's / projects that needed in the market although there are some ICO's that turned into scam especially if the team just want to get easy money . Some ICO's encounter problems like not able to reached the target so they will postponed .
Activity: 425
Merit: 10
The bearish market this 2018 and the continued downward trend can't be associated fully on ICOs. Remember that some strong cryptocurrency coins right now came from ICOs. The down market this year might be due to some corrections and price manipulations.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
The recent drops in the digital currency prices have been unparalleled in the amount of market capitalization dollars lost. In the past there has been some examples of large drops in Bitcoin and Altcoin prices, but what’s happened over the last 10 days cannot be an accident or attributed to the Bitcoin Cash hard fork. There are certainly more sinister forces at work...

https://cointrader21.wordpress.com/2018/11/25/icos-the-cancer-of-the-digital-currency-industry/

Major whales communicate with each other, so they know general market tendencies 6-12 months in advance. There's nothing "sinister" in this situation, just a manipulation of a great scale. It'll be fearful if the market breaks at the bottom, but I think this won't be!
copper member
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
I don't think that this argument is right though ICOs are part of the problem. In some years back before ICOs concept, the market has experienced this and it does not ends there. I think it is a way of market correcting itself and setting a space for new innovations in the industry thereby creating new set of millionaires.
Activity: 672
Merit: 109
Ok, may be ICOs are guilty that market is dropping now but in 2017 market was growing because of ICOs including, may be we would never see bitcoin by 20k and ETH by 1.5k without ICO bubble and may be without ICOs bitcoin would cost as much as now or even less, so I think it is incorrect to say, that prices are too low because of ICOs.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
The investors are the main reason who let the ICOs to take the place in crypto currencies and later it become one of the reason why crypto maket is low.Most of the ICOs are just created for money making intention so people get bad impression about cryptos overall when they get scammed but they are invested in the wrong coin so we don't hae to blame the scammers just blame ourselves for allowing us to get scammed.
Activity: 446
Merit: 12
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO
O-o-o-kay.  Did you write that article and want to point people to it, or was there something else you wanted to say about it?  It's not a very in-depth piece of writing; it's basically calling ICOs scams without providing a real argument for why people should think that.

Not that I completely disagree with it, but I've got my reason for thinking so and if I just wrote "ICOs suck; they're killing the crypto industry" it wouldn't be worth much as a published blog article.  Know what I mean?  Want to spark some sort of discussion about this?

from the statement I caught, he here argued that the ICO was the cause of the collapse of the marketcap prices, in my opinion this opinion also made sense, given the ICO scam reportedly after their funding was fulfilled, they closed contacts with investors and then transferred the funds directly wallet market and directly sold in the instant market.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 100
I don't think ico is a cancer for crypto, even I think the idea of ico is good for crypto because people can help serious developer to get the financial. The solution is to eliminate scammer and that is why we might need regulation of ico and don't forget to educate our-self as real investor not just a hype investor. My experience I have start to learn business since I tried to follow an ICO.
Activity: 53
It looks like more people have voted in the poll.
ICOs are a good way to raise funds for the project. they run ICOs because they need money. and  now scammers exploit it as a result the ICOs are becoming bad in the minds of people.

People already hate venture capitalists, now they will hate them even more because of their support for the ICOs.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
ICOs are a good way to raise funds for the project. they run ICOs because they need money. and  now scammers exploit it as a result the ICOs are becoming bad in the minds of people.
I'm surprised that many people voted no when in my opinion the ICO contributed to the bad reputation of Cryptocurrency, still many believe that ICO are ok and there is still a lot of good ICO but it's so hard to find them now, with so many fraud ICO looking around.

I agree with you.

There's been so much information which has come out about ICOs and the damage they've done to the industry. I would think that more than half of the voters would have voted for the 1st or 4th option in the poll on this thread.
Because there are no rules about ICO, everyone is free to make coins or tokens and then sell with ICO, unfortunately many scam projects make investors afraid of crypto, they think that crypto is a place of scam.

Thank you for that comment.

So could you say that the ICOs have damaged the image of Bitcoin and the altcoins?
copper member
Activity: 479
Merit: 11
I'm surprised that many people voted no when in my opinion the ICO contributed to the bad reputation of Cryptocurrency, still many believe that ICO are ok and there is still a lot of good ICO but it's so hard to find them now, with so many fraud ICO looking around.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
Because there are no rules about ICO, everyone is free to make coins or tokens and then sell with ICO, unfortunately many scam projects make investors afraid of crypto, they think that crypto is a place of scam.
I don’t think it’s fair to say that ICOs are the cancer of digital currency. The truth is that without these ICOs and new altcoins like the AutoCoin, the digital currency would be useless. ICOs are crucial because they give investors that chance to explore new currencies and invest in ones, they find promising. Just because a couple of ICOs are fake doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re all useless. You can’t judge all by the characteristics of one.

I think the venture capital firms are the root of the problem.
Activity: 88
I don’t think it’s fair to say that ICOs are the cancer of digital currency. The truth is that without these ICOs and new altcoins like the AutoCoin, the digital currency would be useless. ICOs are crucial because they give investors that chance to explore new currencies and invest in ones, they find promising. Just because a couple of ICOs are fake doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re all useless. You can’t judge all by the characteristics of one.
O-o-o-kay.  Did you write that article and want to point people to it, or was there something else you wanted to say about it?  It's not a very in-depth piece of writing; it's basically calling ICOs scams without providing a real argument for why people should think that.

Not that I completely disagree with it, but I've got my reason for thinking so and if I just wrote "ICOs suck; they're killing the crypto industry" it wouldn't be worth much as a published blog article.  Know what I mean?  Want to spark some sort of discussion about this?

I wonder if we'll ever know how many individual investors lost money on the ICOs. I would think the number has to be in the hundreds of thousands, if not a few million.
Investors in the last year lost not even millions, but tens of millions of dollars, investing in ICO projects. However, this does not mean that this activity is generally detrimental to cryptocurrency. Since there are a lot of fraudulent projects in it, which is a crime, states should have started regulating this type of activity a long time ago in order to protect the rights of investors.

I never bought an ICO, but I knew early on that they were a problem. I remember seeing an interview with Andreas Antonopoulos in the summer of 2016 and he warned people to not invest in them. He said they were basically scams, I believed that then and I believe it now.

Study Concludes 80 Percent of ICOs in 2017 Were “Scams”
https://ethereumworldnews.com/ico-80-percent-scams-2017-2018/

in 2017 I participated in ICO bounties so much but not so if I say 80% is scam maybe if projects that have airdrops can be so because most do not have a clear team or structured training

How much do people earn with the bounties?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
I don’t really know but this is not really making any sense to me cause you didn’t give enough reason as to why anyone would consider ICO to be scam. ICO is good and is a way for companies to start up a new project and get funds to raise it. So you don’t just call them scam or whatever you’re really getting at just because think so and without no reason. BCH fork is the reason for the crash recently, and I do know the whales are playing their part too in taking down the market price to buy at cheap rate. If you want take it or leave.

O-o-o-kay.  Did you write that article and want to point people to it, or was there something else you wanted to say about it?  It's not a very in-depth piece of writing; it's basically calling ICOs scams without providing a real argument for why people should think that.

Not that I completely disagree with it, but I've got my reason for thinking so and if I just wrote "ICOs suck; they're killing the crypto industry" it wouldn't be worth much as a published blog article.  Know what I mean?  Want to spark some sort of discussion about this?

I wonder if we'll ever know how many individual investors lost money on the ICOs. I would think the number has to be in the hundreds of thousands, if not a few million.
I’m not really getting this, are you trying to label all ICO as scam? Quite funny. I do know that a lot of the ICO today are scam but they are easy to identify and so you can avoid them. If you fall for any scam ICO here that would be because you didn’t take your time to do the research before investing. And ICO is not the reason why the market price of crypto is down, you can go check out why, it’s on the media already and has nothing to do with ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: