Pages:
Author

Topic: ICOs: The Cancer of the Digital Currency Industry - page 4. (Read 1248 times)

Activity: 2324
Merit: 263
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
in terms of decreasing altcoin so far it is indeed not an error that occurs through bitcoin cash but there are many investors who sell their assets in preparation for the end of the year, but now the market will be a little difficult to recover.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
O-o-o-kay.  Did you write that article and want to point people to it, or was there something else you wanted to say about it?  It's not a very in-depth piece of writing; it's basically calling ICOs scams without providing a real argument for why people should think that.

Not that I completely disagree with it, but I've got my reason for thinking so and if I just wrote "ICOs suck; they're killing the crypto industry" it wouldn't be worth much as a published blog article.  Know what I mean?  Want to spark some sort of discussion about this?

I wonder if we'll ever know how many individual investors lost money on the ICOs. I would think the number has to be in the hundreds of thousands, if not a few million.
Investors in the last year lost not even millions, but tens of millions of dollars, investing in ICO projects. However, this does not mean that this activity is generally detrimental to cryptocurrency. Since there are a lot of fraudulent projects in it, which is a crime, states should have started regulating this type of activity a long time ago in order to protect the rights of investors.

I never bought an ICO, but I knew early on that they were a problem. I remember seeing an interview with Andreas Antonopoulos in the summer of 2016 and he warned people to not invest in them. He said they were basically scams, I believed that then and I believe it now.

Study Concludes 80 Percent of ICOs in 2017 Were “Scams”
https://ethereumworldnews.com/ico-80-percent-scams-2017-2018/

in 2017 I participated in ICO bounties so much but not so if I say 80% is scam maybe if projects that have airdrops can be so because most do not have a clear team or structured training
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
The Rise of the ICO, and What It Could Mean for Venture Capital
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/ico-crypto-venture-capital/
I cannot say so, there are a lot of projects which on the contrary can save crypto industry. But the bad thing about all this is the fact that the market is full of scams, and this does not give opportunity for good ideas to develop. I would suggest to all people who are going to invest in icos, that they should visit www.icoguide.com, as this is the only platform without paid rates.

If the venture capital firms wanted to actually deliver good digital currencies to the industry then they would have developed good, solid, transparent fundamentals for their coins first and released them in the way that other currencies began like, Bitcoin and Litecoin. Then over time as better fundamentals developed then their coins would have increased in value.

Instead the criminals that run the venture capital firms found vulnerabilities in the digital currency software and industry and then figured out ways to exploit those vulnerabilities and make a whole ton of money from those vulnerabilities.
Activity: 322
Merit: 3
I cannot say so, there are a lot of projects which on the contrary can save crypto industry. But the bad thing about all this is the fact that the market is full of scams, and this does not give opportunity for good ideas to develop. I would suggest to all people who are going to invest in icos, that they should visit www.icoguide.com, as this is the only platform without paid rates.
Hopefully the SEC will go after the venture capital firms next, but I'm not holding my breath for that!

After Friday’s SEC Actions, Experts Say ICO Party ‘Is Truly Over’
https://www.coindesk.com/after-fridays-sec-actions-experts-say-ico-party-is-truly-over
I agree that Bitcoin Cash is not the only one to blame for the downturn in the market, maybe it just had a bigger influence on the last fall, but the truth is that the market has been weak and down since the beginning of the year.

We can blame the ICOs and the venture capital firms for making the market weak. Really it's been sick, it has a cancer and the venture capital firms are responsible for that cancer.
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
The forks that were created were part of the factors and there are definitely others.
Some people who have been looking forth to a dump in price,in order to buy more coins cheaply, are also contributing to the fall, which is why they find joy in spreading FUD.
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
I agree that Bitcoin Cash is not the only one to blame for the downturn in the market, maybe it just had a bigger influence on the last fall, but the truth is that the market has been weak and down since the beginning of the year.
Activity: 822
Merit: 100
Not using money raised during ico is the cancer killing crypto, it discourage new investor because of scamming behaviour, all these fraudsters ceo should be put behind bars to serve as lesson to others who are spoiling the good reputation of crypto.
Activity: 658
Merit: 270
I partially agree partially not.

But icos raising stupid amount of money are cancer i think. For example EOS and the 4 billions dollar they got!
I think the idea was great but human savvy is endless. That's why first ICOs were smart and most of it live now. But so many scam and empty ICOs today kill the idea of cryptocurrency. I think this ICO boom play so negative role that it hard to think better how to kill crypto

I think the venture capital firms are the root of the problem.
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
I think the idea was great but human savvy is endless. That's why first ICOs were smart and most of it live now. But so many scam and empty ICOs today kill the idea of cryptocurrency. I think this ICO boom play so negative role that it hard to think better how to kill crypto
Activity: 462
Why should blame ICO? without ICO, crypto might not develop and not many will know, while the bitcoin cash itself is also present because of an ico. I think ICO is a place to attract people to get coins and be useful. Even if the scam is a human who has damaged it.
Activity: 215
Merit: 101
This year we have seen lots of ICO which have similar project idea or useless utility of created token. I have seem rare of the ha a solution of a nowadays problem which can be successful in long term.
Agree with this. most of ICOs are trash.
they are making cryptocurrency's face worst than ever.
people lost all their faith in scams.

I just saw this. As if this nefarious bastard Larimer doesn't have enough money already.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/sounds-like-bitcoin-new-token-concept-from-eos-dan-larimer-fails-to-win-fans
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
No, I believe that it was a good idea, and ISO itself is of great benefit to the world, as simple developers, having only an idea, can raise money and make it a reality,but the problem is that because of the manipulation,and the fact that there are teams where people do not cheat on the conscience, the tokens are lowered in price,
Activity: 398
Agree with this. most of ICOs are trash.
they are making cryptocurrency's face worst than ever.
people lost all their faith in scams.
~snip~
Umm, I think Bitcoin came out in 2009 and we didn't start seeing ICOs until 2016.

So please explain how the digital currency market is built on ICOs when ICOs came after the digital currency market. [/size]
There won't even be called a market if only Bitcoin is the only available in the industry. It is called the digital currency market for a reason and that is because there are a wide variety of cryptocurrencies to choose from not only Bitcoin. I don't think 2016 was the first time an ICO was introduces to the market how do you think Litecoin was introduce to the market back in 2011 or Ripple in 2013, it may not be called ICO back then but it is similar on how they introduced it to the market and how they made it available to us.

I'm not against the altcoins. Litecoin is one of them obviously. Ripple is a different matter though because it's so heavily pre-mined. I think ultimately the damage done to the digital currency industry was caused by the venture capital firms. Something needs to be done to punish them and the people who own and operate them.
copper member
Activity: 266
Icos have a good and a bad side. They made sure that the crypto market was growing and many new people became aware of crypto. On the other hand, the whole scam ico has also damaged the crypto market and people have lost their money. I think icos would be good for the crypto market if there was a solution for the scam ico. Then the positive effects would dominate.
Pages:
Jump to: