Pages:
Author

Topic: Idea: Ban a user for $10 in Bitcoins. - page 2. (Read 2182 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
It's all about the game, and how you play it
February 17, 2012, 07:21:01 PM
oh this is great, so i just make accounts, ban everyone. and they buy back i double my money each time. absolutely brilliant atlas
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 17, 2012, 07:13:17 PM
The rich win control everywhere else in the world.  Do they really need to win control here too?

+1!
Jon
donator
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
No Gods; No Masters; Only You
February 17, 2012, 07:09:09 PM
The rich win control everywhere else in the world.  Do they really need to win control here too?
I don't think anyone has a inherent right to a say in a forum community. The people who are willing to invest money into it likely have the most to gain or lose out of anyone and they should have the ability to represent their desires with their own assets.

...but, hey, if you want "free" forum moderation, BitcoinTalk might be the place for you. I am not proposing this for this forum but for a new one.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
February 17, 2012, 07:04:13 PM
The rich win control everywhere else in the world.  Do they really need to win control here too?
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
February 17, 2012, 07:01:17 PM
great idea.
I can predict the replies that will follow...
Jon
donator
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
No Gods; No Masters; Only You
February 17, 2012, 06:58:03 PM
What are your thoughts on forum software that allows you and the community to ban users for a price of $10 in Bitcoins? I think it would be a good form of moderation and people could put their money where their mouth is for great demands of community quality.

It would be like an inverse form of SomethingAwful. Users that were banned can get their IP address unblocked for $20 and the people who banned him will get paid back in full plus profit. Of course, they can just get banned again by the same group of users for $20. The price will increase $10 every time one side has its say. So if the user gets banned again, it will cost him $30 to get back in and so forth.

Thoughts?

ADDITION: Banned users can ban the people who banned them in return for the starting price of $10. The prices may have to be lowered to increase the effectiveness of the whole system though.

A list of banned users and people who ban will be open to the community. People can unban people they like.

I assume public proxies and the like will be gradually banned by evading users. IPv6 addresses will have to be grouped into ranges.
Pages:
Jump to: