Pages:
Author

Topic: [Idea] BitDare a Game that could take us to the Moon - page 2. (Read 2743 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
Ok, So we need something daring and bold to take us to the Moon. This might just be it....

Let's call it BitDare or you can think of any other name, that sounds funky enough to make this work. The concept works like this :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3531824/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1  { The Movie Nerve } https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2xdxlO3M4Y

Plot : A high school senior finds herself immersed in an online game of truth or dare, where her every move starts to become manipulated by an anonymous community of "watchers."

This would be our Bitcoin spin on this :

People suggest a Dare they want to see accomplished within a specific time period. They have to fund this request, if they want to see

someone taking on this Dare. { The bitcoin for this Dare are being held by a Escrow } We call these people the Funders.  

Then we have the Watchers... They pay a little fee to watch the Dare. {This could be streamed live via https://streamium.io/ or

http://onperiscope.com/ or pre-recorded and uploaded to a Pay-per-View Bitcoin service } These fees goes towards hosting fees and paying

the Escrow services.

It's too complicated to be done often or accepted by a larger number of users.

All Dares must be within the laws of your country { It should be legal } and not be dangerous. { No serious injuries or Death please }

The reward can be paid out, once the Funders are satisfied that the requirements for the dare was met.  Wink

So let's get cracking and take this thing to the Moon.  Grin

* Any examples of dares you would want to see.... ? Let's discuss ...  Grin

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
It might be fun. If such a thing ever pop I'll be happy to give of my person to some precious bitcoins Tongue...

There is already a simple and effective service being developed right now with the new megaupload website. I think Kim Dotcom can move massive amounts of internet traffic and if he can get as much people on his website as he did with the original megaupload, then we are set because we'll go pretty much mainstream then. Well not mainstream but we'll get a big chunk of new people involved, since its a way to get paid and not only "pay with" (like steam)

Could you please elaborate the "get paid" part ? I'm interested.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
There is already a simple and effective service being developed right now with the new megaupload website. I think Kim Dotcom can move massive amounts of internet traffic and if he can get as much people on his website as he did with the original megaupload, then we are set because we'll go pretty much mainstream then. Well not mainstream but we'll get a big chunk of new people involved, since its a way to get paid and not only "pay with" (like steam)

I would not get my hopes up too high for that to happen... Kim Dotcom has a very controversial past, and we are all hoping he will get the

funding for that project... and even if he does, then we will only see this late in 2017. Something like this can be started within a week, if

you have some web developer skills, or even immediately if you want to host it on a existing forum. This is also community funded, so you

just need to promote it, and then bring the parties together.. {Escrow / Watchers / Participants}  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
legendary
I like the idea and because it didn't work in the past doesn't mean it cannot work now with different rules to the game.

Shoes on head is not really fun to pay for indeed, but someone vlogging his adventure would be pretty cool.

I can imagine something like climbing a mountain while streaming live. Pretty neat.

Yes, you are getting it.... It does not even have to be a Dare. Let's say you wanted to see the secret chamber in the Eiffel Tower {if it was

open for the public } ....then you pay someone to go there for you, and take a video for you... http://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/eiffel-tower-paris-secret-apartment

You might have been on holiday in the Grand Canyon, and you have heard about a hidden cave... but you could not find it... or you were not

physically able to reach it, but you really wanted to see it... then you offer the challenge to someone to go there and to video tape it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d86a4jZHijw .... Bucket List item ticked.  Wink ....pay the man please.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
I like the idea and because it didn't work in the past doesn't mean it cannot work now with different rules to the game.

Shoes on head is not really fun to pay for indeed, but someone vlogging his adventure would be pretty cool.

I can imagine something like climbing a mountain while streaming live. Pretty neat.
legendary
Lol, This idea was from a movie titled "nerve"? if so then this is something illegal in my opinion. Guys you should have to be careful about it,, I would like to state some scenario on the movie , at first dares were just for fun but in the long run it isn't.

Ok, looks like you missed a part of the post there....let me highlight it for you. --> " All Dares must be within the laws of your country { It

should be legal } and not be dangerous. { No serious injuries or Death please }
" ...Get it?

The sites hosting these Dares, have their own rules {ToS} so you cannot post something illegal... You can even use Youtube.  Wink

Dares will not be accepted, if it is dangerous or if it is against the laws of the country hosting the material. Guys and Girls think about it, this

could be big, if it goes viral.  Grin

I find this idea really interesting.I would love to watch the dares but isn't it kind of betting?How is it different like we put bet on a game of soccer etc?

No, It's not gambling.... You are paying someone to do something, you want to see. There is NO gambling involved with this. The one party

offer their services and the other party pay them for that service. Let's say you had a shitty day, and you want to see something done that

would make you laugh... then you go to this site and you submit a dare or a challenge. To make sure you honour your promise to pay, the

payment is held by a Escrow... someone takes up this challenge and they do it... then the Escrow pay that person.  Wink

There are so many role players that would benefit from this :

~ Escrow services
~ Person doing the dare/challenge
~ Hosting site { pay-per-view or streaming site }
~ Income generated from Youtube views

Damn, this can work... I can already see the crazy stuff people would be doing and how many people would adopt Bitcoin, just to take part in

this.

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
sounds interesting a game could be the way to go to get some traction.  i must check it out more later.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
This is interesting, worth a try. Dares are always welcome and it's fun. So how many of you all done this till now?
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
You know it seems like a potential for all kinds of lawsuit issues as the people may not know they are breaking a law at the time.

What I find hilarious is how many people sign up for these team based scavenger hunts and fly around town in yellow,blue and red bibs.
It seems to be a team building exercise for companies and a way to bond fellow workers but I think bitcoin could come into play.
Hiding bitcoin QR codes through out town and the winners would obviously have the most codes. Only issues would be weather damage and theft,you figure those out and you could have games that could reset over and over with multiple stations. Like a live version of capture the flag.

already been done.
geocaching
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
You know it seems like a potential for all kinds of lawsuit issues as the people may not know they are breaking a law at the time.

What I find hilarious is how many people sign up for these team based scavenger hunts and fly around town in yellow,blue and red bibs.
It seems to be a team building exercise for companies and a way to bond fellow workers but I think bitcoin could come into play.
Hiding bitcoin QR codes through out town and the winners would obviously have the most codes. Only issues would be weather damage and theft,you figure those out and you could have games that could reset over and over with multiple stations. Like a live version of capture the flag.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games

Thanks for the link.  Cheesy

Well, I read the whole thread and yeah, it didn't pan out, but it's not quite what I had in mind. That was disappointing.
I was thinking maybe videos/live videos and a not so generic dare like a shoe on the head. But huh, showing ones face is actually daring. lol.  Tongue  

On the hand, I could just imagine the price of bitcoin at that time. throwing away several .5 BTC for a shoe on the head? wow.
And cleaning up some street gutter for 25 BTC? That's like $17,000 today.   Shocked Shocked Shocked
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Lol, This idea was from a movie titled "nerve"? if so then this is something illegal in my opinion. Guys you should have to be careful about it,, I would like to state some scenario on the movie , at first dares were just for fun but in the long run it isn't.

Ok, looks like you missed a part of the post there....let me highlight it for you. --> " All Dares must be within the laws of your country { It

should be legal } and not be dangerous. { No serious injuries or Death please }
" ...Get it?

The sites hosting these Dares, have their own rules {ToS} so you cannot post something illegal... You can even use Youtube.  Wink

Dares will not be accepted, if it is dangerous or if it is against the laws of the country hosting the material. Guys and Girls think about it, this

could be big, if it goes viral.  Grin

I find this idea really interesting.I would love to watch the dares but isn't it kind of betting?How is it different like we put bet on a game of soccer etc?
legendary
Any plans to actually try this out? How about starting a dare? Care to fund one? lol.
Would be fun to watch.  Grin Grin Grin Should start out fairly easy but interesting/funny.  Tongue

its been done before.. the main result turns into "shoe on head"

Where exactly? Links please.

one example
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.657746
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
I remember that there was similar (but probably low budget) attempt at this. If the idea gets realised on a big scale, with a lot of investment and promotion,
this would be something that would spark people's attention both to the game and bitcoin.

Sadly, most investors and operators are more interested in opening yet another same dull dice site than to try something really interesting like this..
I understand your frustration but I will not totally blame investors with this, since it’s the people voting with their money the ones that are stating very loudly that they seem to want more of the same.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
Any plans to actually try this out? How about starting a dare? Care to fund one? lol.
Would be fun to watch.  Grin Grin Grin Should start out fairly easy but interesting/funny.  Tongue

Where exactly? Links please.

I remember that there was similar (but probably low budget) attempt at this. If the idea gets realised on a big scale, with a lot of investment and promotion,
this would be something that would spark people's attention both to the game and bitcoin.

Sadly, most investors and operators are more interested in opening yet another same dull dice site than to try something really interesting like this..

Exactly. It's always the same old dice site. Can't find anything new or even the least bit interesting.
legendary
This should be an entertaiment live i think, for example makes it like twitch, people have their own channel. Then the system payment like your own.
It's need hard work to promote. maybe the content for entertain is need to be more variant which it's not people do a dare, maybe something similiar but different.
Well this idea is interesting, since i've watch the movie then someone have crazy idea too Cheesy

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
This should be an entertaiment live i think, for example makes it like twitch, people have their own channel. Then the system payment like your own.
It's need hard work to promote. maybe the content for entertain is need to be more variant which it's not people do a dare, maybe something similiar but different.
Well this idea is interesting, since i've watch the movie then someone have crazy idea too Cheesy
legendary

You do not need a specialized site for this. It can be started by any user on a forum with some money and a good dare, but it would be better

if you have a dedicated site, with a easy accessible URL. for example www.BitcoinDareGame.com   Roll Eyes ...Let's say you want to see someone

taking a shit, while riding a skateboard. {Sick but funny} Then you just create a post under a thread called, Bitcoin Dares and you give

the details for your dare and you show the funds in escrow for that dare. {If other people also want to see that, they will have to add to the

funds in the Escrow} The first person to post a URL as proof that they completed the challenge or the dare, gets the money} 

A dedicated site with trusted Escrow services, will just make things much easier...  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

Pages:
Jump to: