Pages:
Author

Topic: idea of creating a bitcoin carnival. - page 3. (Read 2859 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 08, 2016, 05:27:49 AM
Sounds like a very nice and neat idea.
I've never went to a carnival where I had to pay admission though.
Every carnival I went to has been free to enter. I would only have to pay for the rides and whatever attraction I wanted to get into
So to make it fair, I would probably pay about $10 - $20 dollars, but I would expect some kind of compensation within the carnival
Such things as discounts
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 08, 2016, 05:26:16 AM
I think your going to have to build a system to help incentivize the Bitcoin Aspect to your Carnival. I believe a system similar to Dave and Busters or Boomers will help you build proper revenue from small time stuff like what your more or less offering. Something like Allowing Fiat as well as Bitcoin but offering a significant discount for using Bitcoin only. Maybe a 40% markup? Dave and Busters used to charge a certain amount for tokens and such to play the games, but whenever they upgraded the machines with card readers they gave stupid discounts for "Game Time" cards. That way they were able to sell off the token machines to old bowling alleys and such, i go to a laundromat that uses a Boomers Token machine to dispense change. besides that, in all honesty if you expect to charge a high dollar amount for the entrance you need to have a Legit ass carnival, like clowns elephants, all that. And potentially some amazing rides that can build to suit. They have some cool roller coasters that like go and then come back that can be rented i believe. But its like millions. But if its going to similar to a county fair then you have to keep it under 20 or else no one will care.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
January 08, 2016, 05:15:07 AM
I like this idea a lot.. you will have to include the fiat option.. in some countries a "Bitcoin only" option might be illegal. You will be prosecuted if you offer only Bitcoin payment

for services or goods. The national currency is still the big dog. A token system might be the way to go for this... the confirmation time, might be a issue... when you make

direct payments for rides. The alternative might be to use a service like Xapo and have all the transactions "offline" for instant transactions. Just setup a booth and help people

to create a Xapo account or even a Bitcoin wallet as a added free service.  Roll Eyes That would help a lot with adoption. 
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005
beware of your keys.
January 08, 2016, 04:31:34 AM
firstly, i think asking for admission fee is hard because you do not yet know how many actual attractions would turn up.

unless you organize and research what attraction operators are available in the area, its impossible to promise how big or small it will be.
especially if you are promising something bigger than a county fair,

for instance some county fairs have 40 fun rides

car shows
animal shows
music stages

so i think you need to look harder at what a hong kong carnival can offer, which would then lead you to know if its appropriate to charge more than an american county fair, or even 50%-80% of disneyworld.

so look harder at what will definetly be achievable to be present. starting with locations. EG a small field cant hold as much stuff as multiple fields next to each other.

and another idea would be if there was a building big enough for conferences or a soundstage so that you can host a bitcoin conference there at the same time. right next to the large field to cover the space needed to host the attractions

summary
so i would suggest you start with where, then what, and then re-evaluate how much later.

sure, let's start to talk about it from here.
in fact i need to do much more research than in America, we don't have much people to afford such a $30 admission fee, $10 would require us to pay the cost and ask the guests to pay for the rides; not all of the people could afford it. would $15 be better? Huh

FYI we have the worst carnival based on the charge ever: that Tung Wah charity carnival in that former Kai Tak airport; as you can see one of the thrill rides called tourbillion charges HKD$120 (~$15) to admit one but not even lasts for 2 minutes. although it is the world-first used and costs around 2 million euros, the charge is still too high to admit.

Where would you be holding this carnival? I think you'd have to also think about cost and the people you're going to hire to do this. Will you be paying them out in btc or fiat? It sounds like a nice idea if you're trying to make more people aware about bitcoin. Not sure as to how this would work out with bitcoins if not that many people in your area know about it.

we would use bitcoin if they accept, we won't force people to accept bitcoin, that is their choice.
just add either bonus or discount on paying bitcoin in parts or even full.

When people talk about carnival I just can't imagine what you guys are talking about.

Where I live we do it this way, every week end for like 2 month !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vzD9MJXmCo

in america a carnival is more like a circus tent with clowns and animal tricks
in the uk a carnival is a street procession of decorated flatbed trailers with themes and walking bands and stuff going down the main streets of a town.

im not sure what hong kongs version of a carnival is.

like this. www.tgec.asia
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
January 08, 2016, 04:29:01 AM
When people talk about carnival I just can't imagine what you guys are talking about.

in america a carnival is more like a circus tent with clowns and animal tricks
in the uk a carnival is a street procession of decorated flatbed trailers with themes and walking bands and stuff going down the main streets of a town.

im not sure what hong kongs version of a carnival is.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
January 08, 2016, 04:26:03 AM
Where would you be holding this carnival? I think you'd have to also think about cost and the people you're going to hire to do this. Will you be paying them out in btc or fiat? It sounds like a nice idea if you're trying to make more people aware about bitcoin. Not sure as to how this would work out with bitcoins if not that many people in your area know about it.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
January 08, 2016, 04:08:41 AM
firstly, i think asking for admission fee is hard because you do not yet know how many actual attractions would turn up.

unless you organize and research what attraction operators are available in the area, its impossible to promise how big or small it will be.
especially if you are promising something bigger than a county fair,

for instance some county fairs have 40 fun rides

car shows
animal shows
music stages

so i think you need to look harder at what a hong kong carnival can offer, which would then lead you to know if its appropriate to charge more than an american county fair, or even 50%-80% of disneyworld.

so look harder at what will definetly be achievable to be present. starting with locations. EG a small field cant hold as much stuff as multiple fields next to each other.

and another idea would be if there was a building big enough for conferences or a soundstage so that you can host a bitcoin conference there at the same time. right next to the large field to cover the space needed to host the attractions

summary
so i would suggest you start with where, then what, and then re-evaluate how much later.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
January 08, 2016, 04:02:49 AM

vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
January 08, 2016, 03:33:29 AM
so, can anyone here to provide some of the ideas about the admission fees?
unlike county fair, it is larger than it. and there are a lot of stuff which could be disputed. Huh
i would recommend for $15 at this moment after reading the ideas.

$15 USD or Canadian? Can I call you Alex?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
January 08, 2016, 12:04:37 AM
What a great idea!

So where would this fantastic festival be located? I hope I can make it...I'd easily pay $10-20.

L3X 0H8, not too far from where master-P is located in Aurora, Ontario, CA. L3X 0H8 was gleaned from one of lottery248's posts which have power supplies for sale, just like what master-P used to sell. Yes, lottery248 has distanced himself away from master-P, just like some of 100%-proven master-P sockpuppets have distanced themselves from Alex.

Actually L3X 0H8 is located in Newmarket (close to but not Aurora).  Newmarket is only ~28km (~18mi) from Canada's Wonderland where for only $40 CAD ($28 USD) you can have an amazing time and not risk losing any bitcoin unless you're carrying Casascius or Lealana on the "Flight Deck"; with 5 inversions and an Immelmann loop at 50mph, you're sure to lose everything in your pockets and possibly your lunch faster than you can say "scam".  So yeah, L3X 0H8 is too risky a venture.  Stay away!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
January 07, 2016, 11:55:14 PM

With admission fee, the rides fee are covered with or not? If the rides are all covered then I voted for level ranges from $10 to $20, that is the alout of carnivals here in my country but some of the attrations have a separate admission so you have to pay for it separately if youcwant yo try it like some booths.
i originally expected (not set) the price to $25~30 since i would expect all of the rides are covered; more people to try on the thrill rides = less relative costs.
we don't want too much commission on the thrill ride admission.  Undecided

That's true I guess... I guess to get people attracted to come to such a "bitcoin carnival" is a task itself, but maybe if you take jacee's idea of having separate booths to try some fun side games besides the thrill rides (you usually see this kind of stuff with games where you throw a baseball to knock over bottles, or darts at balloons, or whatever) and make them somewhat bitcoin oriented in a way, plus try and have the payment be done in bitcoin somehow...

I could see a pretty cool game you can make, by trying to incorporate throwing blocks to stick on a "chain" of some sort, maybe? Roll Eyes

Edit: also, this thread maybe more suitable in the "service discussion" section.
legendary
beware of your keys.
January 07, 2016, 11:40:14 PM

Can your carnival have fun clowns too?

not to joke, but your "clown" isn't good to children when they saw it.

unlike county fair, it is larger than it. and there are a lot of stuff which could be disputed. Huh

You can't just blindly say that you are going to charge a specific price for something like this and not know what it would cost to run such a thing.  You need the equipment, employees, space to hold carnival, etc.  Plus you have to think about the demand for such a carnival...

Think about it, you are planning on just holding your average carnival, but with the extra payment convenience of bitcoin.  Is the goal of creating the carnival for profit, or just the advertisement of Bitcoin in general? Where are you planning on holding it? Are there a lot of people in the area that use bitcoin and would like to go to a carnival?  

As you can see, there are a lot of things that can go wrong... especially if you're asking people to specifically pay in bitcoin (I know you said people can pay with USD for convenience... but it looks like you are specifically asking for people to use and accept bitcoin there.)

So, I guess to answer your question... maybe after you calculate all the costs, and still would want to go through with something like this... maybe you should charge higher prices for people who use USD, compared to people who would pay with bitcoin?

hmm, seems legit. lemme calculate for that matter...
in fact, the bitcoin carnival isn't used to gain profits, it is used to promote bitcoin instead. we want to carry out fun on that carnival, and not to take them much. although the budget would be around hundreds of million (as estimated), we need to imitate the county fair to promote that places, and the bitcoin.

asking people to use and accept bitcoin is the main reason to hold this carnival, since it is "bitcoin" carnival. we could accept fiat at the higher price? it could be dangerous on the popularity.

(subject to addition)

With admission fee, the rides fee are covered with or not? If the rides are all covered then I voted for level ranges from $10 to $20, that is the alout of carnivals here in my country but some of the attrations have a separate admission so you have to pay for it separately if youcwant yo try it like some booths.
i originally expected (not set) the price to $25~30 since i would expect all of the rides are covered; more people to try on the thrill rides = less relative costs.
we don't want too much commission on the thrill ride admission.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
January 07, 2016, 11:30:25 PM
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
January 07, 2016, 11:28:44 PM
Can your carnival have fun clowns too?

I will only pay admission if there are fun clowns.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
January 07, 2016, 11:21:20 PM

You can't just blindly say that you are going to charge a specific price for something like this and not know what it would cost to run such a thing.  You need the equipment, employees, space to hold carnival, etc.  Plus you have to think about the demand for such a carnival...

Think about it, you are planning on just holding your average carnival, but with the extra payment convenience of bitcoin.  Is the goal of creating the carnival for profit, or just the advertisement of Bitcoin in general? Where are you planning on holding it? Are there a lot of people in the area that use bitcoin and would like to go to a carnival? 

As you can see, there are a lot of things that can go wrong... especially if you're asking people to specifically pay in bitcoin (I know you said people can pay with USD for convenience... but it looks like you are specifically asking for people to use and accept bitcoin there.)

So, I guess to answer your question... maybe after you calculate all the costs, and still would want to go through with something like this... maybe you should charge higher prices for people who use USD, compared to people who would pay with bitcoin?
legendary
beware of your keys.
January 07, 2016, 11:12:56 PM
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
January 07, 2016, 02:57:23 AM
if it was a county fair type deal I would pay $10 bucks
maybe 15-20 and you throw in some game tickets or ride
tickets.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
January 07, 2016, 02:33:06 AM
What a great idea!

So where would this fantastic festival be located? I hope I can make it...I'd easily pay $10-20.

L3X 0H8, not too far from where master-P is located in Aurora, Ontario, CA. L3X 0H8 was gleaned from one of lottery248's posts which have power supplies for sale, just like what master-P used to sell. Yes, lottery248 has distanced himself away from master-P, just like some of 100%-proven master-P sockpuppets have distanced themselves from Alex.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
January 07, 2016, 01:30:09 AM
What a great idea!

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
January 07, 2016, 12:02:53 AM
Well this is certainly one of the more original ideas I've seen, and I like it.  One thing they used to have at a small amusement park near me was a video game arcade, along with skeet-ball and those machines where you try to use a hook to grab a prize and another one where you move a lever to try to bump coins off a platform.  If I were going to a bitcoin carnival, I'd definitely like to see something like that as well as a candy corn vendor who had a giant QR code painted on his stall.

Not sure if this is ever going to happen, but good luck to you, sir.
Pages:
Jump to: