Pages:
Author

Topic: idea of creating a bitcoin carnival. - page 4. (Read 2859 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005
beware of your keys.
January 06, 2016, 11:15:21 PM
Creating real life Bitcoin Carnival is rather hard task. Bitcoin as a main theme of carnival is rather poor incentive for people.
I would rather see bitcoin being used as supplementary payment method on some great 'traditional' carnival than create bitcoin carnival exclusively.
The reason behind it - bitcoin is great - but mass public is not familiar with it to the point you will be earning from it, not to mention that you can lose a lot money on that project.
hmm, sure, i would guess we would need a reasonable price, but need to at least letting people to understand what is bitcoin in basic.
we mainly need popularity, not the fund. Smiley

I have to say, i like the idea, but where are you planning to do this?  Are there not carnivals in the area where you are at that will interfere with this?  Most carnivals also not have internet access, so how will you successfully accept payment?

if they have power supply, then we just need the internet access, because there are internet access around the carnival takes place. (in Hong Kong)

Well this is certainly one of the more original ideas I've seen, and I like it.  One thing they used to have at a small amusement park near me was a video game arcade, along with skeet-ball and those machines where you try to use a hook to grab a prize and another one where you move a lever to try to bump coins off a platform.  If I were going to a bitcoin carnival, I'd definitely like to see something like that as well as a candy corn vendor who had a giant QR code painted on his stall.

Not sure if this is ever going to happen, but good luck to you, sir.

if you have any idea, please add your own idea by editing your post, i would really wish to start a bitcoin carnival just like what we have around my region. Smiley for the QR code on the "candy corn vendor", surely easy to do; we need to accept fiat as their choice however. Huh

What a great idea!

So where would this fantastic festival be located? I hope I can make it...I'd easily pay $10-20.
in Hong Kong, my local region is in order to convince something, and there are not that much duties.
i would recommend majority of the thrill rides would be $3~5 per tries at 3~4 minutes once.

if it was a county fair type deal I would pay $10 bucks
maybe 15-20 and you throw in some game tickets or ride
tickets.
what kind of price would you recommend on the admission of each thrill rides?
the price of games (in general)? thanks. Smiley
this is a form of major county fair.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
January 06, 2016, 10:58:06 AM
vote for "free pizza" for each people who come at biitcoin carnival  Grin
this is good idea, i think this is make more people interesting about bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
January 06, 2016, 10:44:04 AM
Creating real life Bitcoin Carnival is rather hard task. Bitcoin as a main theme of carnival is rather poor incentive for people.
I would rather see bitcoin being used as supplementary payment method on some great 'traditional' carnival than create bitcoin carnival exclusively.
The reason behind it - bitcoin is great - but mass public is not familiar with it to the point you will be earning from it, not to mention that you can lose a lot money on that project.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
January 06, 2016, 10:17:55 AM
I have to say, i like the idea, but where are you planning to do this?  Are there not carnivals in the area where you are at that will interfere with this?  Most carnivals also not have internet access, so how will you successfully accept payment?
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
January 06, 2016, 10:05:06 AM
i see your edit and will occassionally recheck for updates so continue adding to existant posts if you desire.

all im saying is if you have an 'all inclusive' daypass for $30.. also have basic admission for $15 for adults $8 for kids

i would suggest you look into county fairs and research the attractions they offer. looking at who can supply them and locations you think will be good to host it.
as for making it a bitcoin county fair, the tickets could be an altcoin that are sent in-app to the rides. holding no value but used purely to indicate a attendee has a 'ticket' to go on the ride
where some of the games are technology based rather than 'ball and tin can' games..

what it might be best at first is to partner up with existing county fairs, allowing tickets to be bought via bitcoin. and having just a couple bitcoin centric game/market stands.. and then expand with experience until your ready to deal with the logistics of a full bitcoin centric fair

P.S, delete post #5 to not have as many posts on this topic, to help reduce the chance of you being banned from your sig campaign
legendary
beware of your keys.
January 06, 2016, 09:54:48 AM
i think you mean a "county fair", kind of thing.
as to me when i hear circus i think of big tent with clowns dancing and lions and elephants doing tricks..

if there are no thrill rides where its only market stalls selling knicknacks and game stands like coconut shy and ball throwing at target stuff, the price of admission should be $5.

going up depending on number of activities and thrill rides available.
EG 3 thrill rides and 50 market/gamestands $10
EG 8 thrill rides and 50 market/gamestands $15

separately:
i see you have idea's for other votes.. um
fee's on food?

the word fee should never be mentioned.. all thats needed is premium pricing

EG buy a burger at mcdonalds costs $1 but at an event its $6 with no side fee mentioned.
that should be something a food vendor decides dependent on the location it will be done. EG if it were a county fair in the country, then dont expect millions of customers, if it was at a city edge then the food premium can be higher.. but again thats for the food vendor to decide.

i would recommend for around 4 major thrill rides, 8 smalls, and 30~40 market/gamestands.
i would recommend for $35~40 for infinite admission on thrill rides. Huh

50% of disney world daily price? (if buying just 1 day) or 80% of disneyworld daily price (if buying a 5 daypay deal).. really?
id say $20 max unless the destination was offering something special or the rides were spectacular

honestly unless it offers 50%-80% of what disneyland can offer. then pricing should not be that high, as you would end up pricing people out of wanting to attend

just google 'county fair' and get average prices
eg http://lacf.com/visit/get-started

Weekdays                     Weekends   + Holidays
Adults, 13+                  $12.00         $20.00
Child, ages 6-12            $8.00         $12.00
Child, ages 5 and under   Free         Free
Seniors 60+                  $10.00      $15.00

eg http://www.sdfair.com/index.php?fuseaction=tickets.home
    Adults $15
    Age 62 and older $8
    Age 6-12 $8 (free on Tuesdays)
    Age 5 and younger free
to prevent getting considered that i am cheating the sig campaign, i have no choice but must to concentrate ~10 posts into 1 post with ~10 edits, please look at the upper thread and see what i just said. Smiley
legendary
January 06, 2016, 09:35:43 AM
as to me when i hear circus i think of big tent with clowns dancing and lions and elephants doing tricks..

if there are no thrill rides where its only market stalls selling knicknacks and game stands like coconut shy and ball throwing at target stuff, the price of admission should be $5.

separately:
fee's on food?

EG buy a burger at mcdonalds costs $1 but at an event its $6 with no side fee mentioned.
that should be something a food vendor decides dependent on the location it will be done. EG if it were a county fair in the country, then dont expect millions of customers, if it was at a city edge then the food premium can be higher.. but again thats for the food vendor to decide.

i would recommend for around 4 major thrill rides, 8 smalls, and 30~40 market/gamestands.

50% of disney world daily price? (if buying just 1 day) or 80% of disneyworld daily price (if buying a 5 daypay deal).. really?
id say $20 max unless the destination was offering something special or the rides were spectacular

honestly unless it offers 50%-80% of what disneyland can offer. then pricing should not be that high, as you would end up pricing people out of wanting to attend

just google 'county fair' and get average prices
eg http://lacf.com/visit/get-started

Weekdays                     Weekends   + Holidays
Adults, 13+                  $12.00         $20.00
Child, ages 6-12            $8.00         $12.00
Child, ages 5 and under   Free         Free
Seniors 60+                  $10.00      $15.00

eg http://www.sdfair.com/index.php?fuseaction=tickets.home
    Adults $15
    Age 62 and older $8
    Age 6-12 $8 (free on Tuesdays)
    Age 5 and younger free

for basic admission id say under $20 and then have people pay per ride. and then have the 'exclusive vip' (make it sound special) all inclusive daypass for $35-40
but definetly not make everyone pay over $30 before even getting in.. atleast give them the choice
legendary
beware of your keys.
January 06, 2016, 09:26:32 AM

separately:
fee's on food?

frank if you see this edit, it means i don't wanna post extra posts to cheat the sig campaign.
i would add another 2 thrill rides and a roller coaster at ~$30 price.(not $35~40)
btw should we import something epic? Grin
legendary
January 06, 2016, 08:50:27 AM

separately:
fee's on food?

legendary
beware of your keys.
January 06, 2016, 07:58:56 AM
i am gonna concentrate some of the replies in a post, so i will edit a lot in one post, you may see my reply at the earlier post instead of new one, i do not cheat the sign campaign in my thread. Smiley
so i would wish to plan a form of bitcoin related carnival, with what you have in the major fair like pirate ship, so-called game booths.

probably, it should mainly accept bitcoin as payment, but we would allow fiat to convince people as well. Huh
what should we plan about it? like:

• games/ prize of games
  • thrill rides
  • family rides
  • admission fees
  • the system
  • the foodstuffs
  • so on

if you have any idea, please post some of the good ideas here. if the plan did a success, it could even make that kind of carnival into a true form. (unlikely, but depends on the range of success.) i would add up everyone's opinion when possible.

voting of idea plan(PM me if i forgot to post result here):
  • admission price 6/1~10/1 ($5~10 is the best as chosen)
  • average game booth fees 10/1~13/1($2 would be the best for bitcoiners)
  • prices on food (part 1) 13/1~19/1
  • part 2 19/1~23/1
  • thrill rides? 23/1~25/1
  • further voting coming soon

please move this thread into a proper thread if i did it wrong here.
Pages:
Jump to: