Pages:
Author

Topic: IDEAL: no ICOs, no proof-of-work, no proof-of-stake, no governance, and no forks - page 3. (Read 6484 times)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250
The best initial distribution of an alt is to take the snapshot of bitcoin blockchain at a particular point of time and enable holders of these bitcoins to receive this altcoins, in proportion to their bitcoin holdings.
No ICO is good, but what is the initial distribution proposed?

What about manually distributing from a market with total holdings limited to prevent oligarchy - we've grown a new network of 500 non bitcoin users this way with no marketing spend
Activity: 407
Merit: 250
I don't know any coins that operate without either Proof-of-work or Proof-of-Stake. To make your ideal a reality someone would have to invent a new way to power a block chain, unless I missed a coin that quietly implemented a new system without many people noticing.

There is a way to power a blockchain without proof of work or proof of stake, and we're doing it on the Carboncoin

It's not the perfect solution, because as the op is well aware, a perfect solution does not exist

We have demonstrated our ethos and trustworthiness by operating without security breach for over 2 year. This becomes more valuable the longer it goes on.

Anyone can hash on the network but they wont be rewarded with enough coins to make it worthwhile to do that in anything other than the most effective way.

I have my "ideal" structure for a coin, which will be implemented on the carboncoin project at some stage in the future but in the meantime we have been able to add approximately 500 non crypto users since we started (who have bought coins coming from the market), and that is without any significant fundraising or resources for marketing or development.

The funding is now happening, so we will see where it goes. I would very much like to engage this community and find fellow innovators to work with on the ideal currency application of the blockchain - Carboncoin continues to be my best effort
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Thank you for digging that up
Can you not shard miners unpredictably and do lightweight difficulty pow, one transaction at a time (also being the elector) or just have my own node offer solution directly after finding it. But I guess I could find that Wink

Activity: 777
Merit: 777
Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins
shelby knows his stuff even even when he is trolling.

Maybe you can live in fantasy land with Shelby? I hear it has the worlds-best-super-duper everything.

no one has yet shown that these ideals are plausible ... Any project I launch will be attempting to achieve these goals.

Sounds great
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
All that you need to do is admit that you are pumping vaporware, and then I will leave you alone.

Again it is impossible to pump up the price of a token or ICO that does not exist.

I have a right to make a thread and discuss the IDEALS I am shooting for. It doesn't give you the green-light to filibuster (drown and bury) this thread with off-topic drivel about my posts in other threads. Go to those other threads and post your rebuttals.

1. He condemns pumpers whilst pumping vaporware himself.

I've made a post just for you in my Reputation thread, which samples many of my recent posts wherein I make it very clear that I am no longer on a crusade to identify which coins are scams. I have stated very clearly that we should allow speculators to have their free will. I wish you would also do the same. I will offer my analysis and ask tough questions1 from time-to-time, but I won't harp on other coins and try to filibuster to dictate public opinion (as your trolling here is attempting to do).

Please post your further rebuttals to the aforementioned Reputation thread.

1https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15363691
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15389393
His designs and plans lack peer review, no matter how smart and thorough you are, there is likely something that will be missed while working alone on such complex issues.

This thread is about IDEALS. It is not about implementation of those IDEALS.

I merely answered a question, when someone asked if there was any potential to reach these IDEALS, I stated I am working on such designs.

I may not be the only person or group working on such IDEALS.

Please stay on topic and stop trying to turn this thread into your private troll box about how much you hate me.

Is it even possible to have unmoderated threads, when some trolls have no shame or mutual respect for at least staying on topic. I already referred you to the pre-existing thread about my reputation. Please post your ad hominem drivel there.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
I love ico's and crowdfunding. Easy 20-100% gains upon launch.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Thinking I am someones sock puppet, sad man

It is definitely a possibility. I am not saying that you are, and I am not saying that you aren't a sock puppet. Unfortunately, there are a lot of them here, so much so that it is hard to tell the difference.

I only use one account, because I am not attempting to deceive anyone.
I love vaporware better
Thinking I am someones sock puppet, sad man
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
hm being a nasty character eye ego and all that. boring... well I can be like that too if you want; you are saying nothing interesting on a topic to think about, its all and only about how much someone seem to suck. what good is that? Tell me does it make you feel better, what is your problem? Try some other style one time or do you have only one, is that your only face. Maybe I can bribe Spoetnik to turn on you, then at least it will be funny. Is that possible? Your telling me to sod off because supposedly I say nothing while you are saying nothing?

Leave me be dude Im tired, come back when you have a sense of humor  Shocked

I am sure you are just someone's sock puppet, but you are kind of new here, only a few months, so maybe you don't understand AnonyMint like I do? I don't like hypocrites like AnonyMint.

1. He condemns pumpers whilst pumping vaporware himself.
1a. Meanwhile, not admitting that he is doing so.
2. He champions his "private work" (without showing proof) over other project's work that has been publicly released.
2a. It is an unfair FUD battle.
2a1. His yet-to-be-published and developed vaporware versus developed, released, peer reviewed, and open sourced cyptocurrencies. It is like Mike Tyson on a baby... of course he is going to win, but it was never a fair fight to begin with. He has complete information about his adversaries, and his adversaries have incomplete information on his claims. There is no way for the other cryptocurrencies to debate the other side. Therefore, he considers them all as being dead ends and broken, and since there's no way to debate the other side (his pros and cons), he wins by default. Every aspect of every protocol/cryptocurrency/distribution/etc has BOTH pros and cons. There WILL be pros and cons to Shelby's design. That is a certainty. How can we weigh the pros and cons against other cryptocurrencies since we have incomplete information? Are we supposed to just take his word for it? You do realize that this is the cryptocurrency community, and there are a lot of liars, scammers, and thieves?

He would like you to think I am off topic, but this thread is a microcosm of his relentless FUD and PUMP attempt for his vaporware.
hm being a nasty character eye ego and all that. boring... well I can be like that too if you want; you are saying nothing interesting on a topic to think about, its all and only about how much someone seem to suck. what good is that? Tell me does it make you feel better, what is your problem? Try some other style one time or do you have only one, is that your only face. Maybe I can bribe Spoetnik to turn on you, then at least it will be funny. Is that possible? Your telling me to sod off because supposedly I say nothing while you are saying nothing?

Leave me be dude Im tired, come back when you have a sense of humor  Shocked
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust

Maybe you can live in fantasy land with Shelby? I hear it has the worlds-best-super-duper everything.

no one has yet shown that these ideals are plausible ... Any project I launch will be attempting to achieve these goals.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
some ppl are just ignorant of powows  Wink

I'm all for "powows", but if you are going to promote vaporware and claim to have solved all of crypto's problems, then you need to:

1. Produce proof
2. Produce a working product
3. Produce source code

Otherwise, you are just blowing hot air and there is no way to validate your claims.

Anonymint might as well say that he has developed a cryptocurrency that will solve world poverty. It would be no more untrue than his claims to have "solved" PoW and "solved" distribution and "solved" (the list goes on and on). He can't and won't prove any of those statements. His designs and plans lack peer review, no matter how smart and thorough you are, there is likely something that will be missed while working alone on such complex issues.

I posit that he is likely overstating his developments, and there is a reason why he won't provide proof of his work- more so than the obvious economic one.
Activity: 777
Merit: 777
Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins
some ppl are just ignorant of powows  Wink
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Certainly, in this thread you have not crucified any projects.
Exactly.
However, in other threads there are many examples of you doing this. Should I just omit a large portion of evidence (all your previous accounts/posts/threads) just so you can be right?

Pointing out a problem is one thing, but claiming to have solved it, and any cryptocurrency that hasn't to be a "dead end" or "eternally broken", is another.
You said it, not me.
Again, you are either losing your memory, or not taking into account your actions and words in previous posts/threads.

You are pumping a project.... yours.
Impossible because there is no project to pump. Where can it be purchased? It can't.
Come on, a self-proclaimed genius ought to be able to figure this out. Whether or not it is intentional, you are pumping your details-yet-to-be-published super-duper-awesome-coin that may-never-come-to-fruition, because you-spend-too-much-time-trolling-Bitcointalk, and you cant-release-any-details-so-we-can't-evaluate-whether-your-claims-are-true. By attacking other coins (their communities, their developers, and their technology) relentlessly, you are creating hype about your coin that you are supposedly "developing" which supposedly "solves" all these problems, but you can't tell us all how. Your brain must be that of a pea to not be able to understand that vaporware can be pumped. Even though you cannot buy it right now, you will be able to buy it at some point, and you are constantly hyping it on these forums. Since you cannot buy it right now, all you are doing is building hype and suspense. That is the textbook definition of pumping.

Hyping = Pumping
Spreading FUDing Competitors = Pumping
Hyping Vaporware = Pumping
Vaporware = Pumpable

Got it, genius?  Tongue

Here you are pumping in your own words (and this is only one of numerous examples:)

BAM. Another example of you pumping your details-yet-to-be-released that-may-or-may-not-exist-or-come-to-fruition vaporware:
I believe (based on my private work) Satohi's proof-of-work isn't the only kind of proof-of-work blockchain possible.

You are a jealous troll.

Please go pump your investments in other threads and stop trolling my thread.
It's nice to see you are still in denial. You will probably ignore me again and write me off a troll, meanwhile continuing to ignore reality, but really all I am doing is pointing out the obvious. I am sure that the forum members can see and agree with the points I am making here. A self-proclaimed genius ought to be able to as well.  Roll Eyes

All that you need to do is admit that you are pumping vaporware, and then I will leave you alone. You have only your pride to lose. You do after all criticize others for pumping their tokens, and then turn a blind eye when you yourself do it. You are just as guilty as everyone else. Yes, I pump coins that I believe in and am invested in... just like everyone else does. You are similarly invested into your coin intellectually, through many hours of hard work, and because you care about your reputation. You also have a financial interest if it is successful. You can unknowingly pump cryptocurrencies and vaporware while still having good intentions. The outcome is still the same.... pumping. I can admit it, I have pumped coins (with good intentions because I believed they would be valuable), but you (the genius) can't admit that? Whether any random person has good or bad intentions, they can still knowingly and unknowingly pump any certain cryptocurrency by posting both positive and negative remarks.
would it be possible you think to do a DEX type thing with actual (not-middle-man) token trading. maybe some kind of pow that saves you transaction cost but not more than that if you run a node but can also take another transaction fee? Or something like that

pow of work using the pow of the others? the powowcoin, only one never to be had

Dont mind if someone makes it then Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: