Pages:
Author

Topic: Ideas and Thoughts for celebrating 10th Bitcointalk Anniversary in Indian board - page 3. (Read 1073 times)

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
The replies to this topic proves there doesn't seem to be much interest in the topic on the whole. Not sure if the problem is with the Topic title or the initiative, let us see how the poll ends up in the upcoming days.
Even i was waiting for the response from the rest of the members to see the general decision but since there is not much response i am chipping in and with the lack of response we know that no one will be interested in giveaway through raffle because of privacy issues but speculative games would be great but you do not need to shell out any rewards, we can do it for the fun and interactive discussion will be also fun and we can create a telegram group to discuss things in general.
legendary
Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276
Heisenberg Design Services
...snip...
Thanks for initiating the discussion akhjob. Last year I was more or less involved in reporting the spams present here in the Indian section and after making the board a little cleaner to read I initiated various discussions in global boards regarding the fate of our Indian section. I spent more than 6-7 hours of my time per day last year and the result was somewhere around 400 reports finally. At one point of time, Bitxoxo spammers (probably in June-Aug 2018) started ruining all the topics present in the board and it was really a very hard time driving them away from the board. The second initiative was to find the fake translation spammers and with the help of erikalui and other Hindi members I created a topic listing out the fake Hindi translators. Today the board is little cleaner with almost 0 spams present in past couple of days. But to the contrary we don't have enough Indians speaking in this board apart from some of the few seasoned great posters. These topics are solely made to bring enough interest and to make others Indians roaming in the global boards involved in our Indian community.

I suggest we have a poll to check whether members of this section really want to celebrate the anniversary or not in our Indian section. If it's less than 5 people, we shouldn't celebrate and stick to the global celebration only.
The replies to this topic proves there doesn't seem to be much interest in the topic on the whole. Not sure if the problem is with the Topic title or the initiative, let us see how the poll ends up in the upcoming days.

Poll has been created, let us have the community inputs rolling...
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Since this section is still not active so not many people would even participate in the Bitcointalk anniversary in this section. I appreciate
Heisenberg_Hunter's gesture to celebrate in this section but the first two suggestions don't seem feasible right now. The third one looks good but it has been discussed too many times in this section so it would just create spam.

I suggest we have a poll to check whether members of this section really want to celebrate the anniversary or not in our Indian section. If it's less than 5 people, we shouldn't celebrate and stick to the global celebration only.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 416
Buy Bitcoin
Your idea seems good. Since I'm not a partying type and not good at planning celebrations, I am sorry that I can't come up with any suggestions for the anniversary celebrations. I am just posting this so that others who are good at this should come forward with their ideas/suggestions.

Its been almost 4 days since OP made this post. I think everyone should atleast gives their views on what they think about it, even if you don't have any ideas. Whether you like it or not, doesn't matter, just share your thoughts.
legendary
Any ideas and suggestions floating around?  Huh
legendary
With just over 1 more month left behind for the forum's 10th anniversary which is taking place on 22nd of November this year, there were various ideas rolling around my head for past couple of days on how to celebrate the 10th anniversary of this forum in our Indian sub-section. I am aware of the global ideas and thoughts, but celebrating the anniversary in Indian board will give a native feel for everyone of us who are striving to make this section great again!

There were quite a few interesting ideas which I thought of could be implemented :

1. We could have a coin giveaway through raffle for our Indian members. There are 16 slots present in the raffle just like krogoth's raffle and the winner will be rewarded with a free coin. I am also hesitant with the privacy of the users in this idea since they should be able to provide their address to receive the coin or whatsoever. On the other hand, I should be providing my city and state to India Post from where I am shipping this. I am very much concerned with the latter as I am not literally willing to risk my privacy at all. To prevent this I can ship the coin to chronicsky or anyone if they are willing to have a reshipping provided at additional cost.

2. Speculation Games : This could be very much similar to fun and interactive micgoossens's Game of Life topic. Here our Indian members should guess the closest price of BTC on 22nd of November 2019 06:00 PM UTC [the time of first topic announcement by satoshi] and they would be rewarded with 0.0002211BTC to commemorate the 10th anniversary date. [Sorry this is what I can provide with my minimal wallet balance  Sad ] I would be confirming with micg to use their idea sooner.

3. Though our sub-section was created only on 2011 after Benson requested for a separate board to theymos, I am thinking of creating a Interactive discussion topic where the users would share their experience on this forum and how they got to know about the bitcointalk forum etc.

The final point would probably be present in the 10th anniversary topic which I will try to create in our section if I have spare time to write a topic.

- Will this idea work over time? Or are they a bad idea and should we stick with the global anniversary celebration?
- What are your thoughts and inputs regarding this idea?
- Do you guys have any other ideas apart from this?

Self-MOD to prevent trolls from ruining this topic.
Pages:
Jump to: