Pages:
Author

Topic: Ideas to raise the value of BTC or LTC - page 5. (Read 8705 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
June 30, 2014, 02:06:29 PM
I am pretty new to the crypto community but litecoin looks very interesting. I would like to see some infrastructure going up around it like bitcoin has going on.

Litecoin has little infra compare to bitcoin.

Yes that may be true, but LTC is still leaps and bounds ahead of most other alt-coins.  It is also available on most major exchanges now, with most other alt-coins are not.  IMO more options is always a positive thing (in most instances), regardless of what you are looking at.   The more payment options, the better.   When using cryptos to pay for goods or services in the future, it will be better to be able to use BTC and LTC.   Right now for instance, you probably wouldn't be too stoked if a place accepted ONLY Visa, or ONLY American Express. 
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
June 30, 2014, 01:51:52 PM

All these products and services happening with Bitcoin are a direct result of the massive investment made into a dedicated mining infrastructure. That's where it starts...and Litecoin is about to explode, in that regard. It's foolish to ignore Litecoin out of some misplaced loyalty to Bitcoin, because if you look at how the pieces are falling right now, Litecoin is poised for a huge 2015. But by all means, keep throwing your money into pump and dump alts that are going nowhere, trying to make a quick fortune by timing your dumps right. I am a long-term investor and that's why my money is in Bitcoin and Litecoin, 50/50.

I don't really see the connection between people investing in mining hardware for scrypt and the rise in adoption of Litecoin. What sort of attention do you think that will bring, and from who? I'm struggling to see what you're getting at here. Perhaps you could explain what sort of things you expect to happen in 2015 for Litecoin?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 30, 2014, 01:34:48 PM
People look at where Bitcoin is today and think, "Well why isn't Litecoin keeping up?" Forgetting completely the fact that Litecoin is about a year and a half behind Bitcoin and is currently going through the growing pains that Bitcoin went through, at the beginning of 2013. All of that is a distant memory now to Bitcoiners, but the transition of Litecoin to an ASIC-driven network has just started, in earnest. Throughout the rest of 2014, the transition is going to create a bit of a bumpy ride...but the result will be a network with at least ten times the hashrate it started the year with and a very robust, secure network that is immune to botnets. No other coin, besides Bitcoin, will be able to boast the kind of stats Litecoin's network will.

In the span of just over a month, we saw well over $20 million in ASIC hashrate deployed onto the Litecoin network. Over the summer and fall, we will easily cross over into $100 million. This is going to attract attention. Smart money wants in on the ground floor and Litecoin provides another ground floor opportunity.

All these products and services happening with Bitcoin are a direct result of the massive investment made into a dedicated mining infrastructure. That's where it starts...and Litecoin is about to explode, in that regard. It's foolish to ignore Litecoin out of some misplaced loyalty to Bitcoin, because if you look at how the pieces are falling right now, Litecoin is poised for a huge 2015. But by all means, keep throwing your money into pump and dump alts that are going nowhere, trying to make a quick fortune by timing your dumps right. I am a long-term investor and that's why my money is in Bitcoin and Litecoin, 50/50.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
June 29, 2014, 11:10:55 PM
I am pretty new to the crypto community but litecoin looks very interesting. I would like to see some infrastructure going up around it like bitcoin has going on.

Litecoins infrastructure is small compared to Bitcoin, but still light years ahead of other coins.

I liked what someone else said not to long ago. Cryptos are very young in general. BTC is like the older brother, LTC is the little brother, and all the rest are still babies. Even the oldest is still very young, growing and learning.

I'm curious, when you guys mention infrastructure are you talking about code wise, or adoption, or what?
Activity: 306
Merit: 102
June 29, 2014, 08:20:33 PM

Activity: 448
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
June 29, 2014, 03:04:03 PM
Well, BTC is growing by having business adopt it and through the building of a strong infrastructure on top of it. Advertising might help a little but just getting the name of Bitcoin out the public space isn't going to be suffcient for the public to truely embrace Bitcoin and use it as a currency. A focus on education is probably what would be required. And it's not an easy task to educate a public which has no desire to learn(of course some people do, but I think it's safe to assume the majority do not).

As far as LTC goes, I don't feel that Litecoin has shown any innovation or progress since 2011 when it was created. I don't see the much to the argument for Litecoin continuing to be a major cryptocurrency unless the development team seriously steps up and starts adding innovated features. Considering how many new and exciting technologies are coming out in the crypto space right now it's likely Litecoin is going to be left behind unless something changes soon.

I'm sorry, not to sound like an ass but where is all the BTC innovation? This is an old and stale argument. I can replace the LTC in the above quote with BTC and it has the same meaning.

The fact of the matter is that BTC and LTC work together. The devs work together, and even the P2pool code received a tremendous donation from the LTC devs/community (which everyone uses, everyone meaning coins not people lol). BTC and LTC are brothers, LTC just happens to be a year behind in just about everything, but still light years ahead of other coins.

BTC has lots of innovation. Coloured coins, Lighthouse, tons of third party applications being built on top of BTC. Yes, the core protocol evolves at a snails pace. But with BTC the community is so large that all of these outside features that work with BTC can make up for it. With LTC there is nothing as far as I know. BTC and LTC don't work together, I don't see that connection at all really.

On the other hand there are lots of altcoins innovating lightning speed. Adding features like crazy while LTC does nothing but collect dust.

Personally, I would love to see a push to modernize LTC and bring it back to its former glory. But I don't see anyone from the LTC community caring enough to start in that direction.
I would argue that some of the features that the altcoins offer hurt the value of the coins rather the help the value. Less time between blocks means that more blocks will be orphaned, giving you less certainty that a TX will be included in the blockchian even after receiving confirmations. It would also give incentives for miners not to include any TXs in blocks they find as if they spend extra time to include the TX then there would be a greater chance their block would get orphaned.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★☆★Bitin.io★☆★
June 29, 2014, 12:48:00 PM
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
June 29, 2014, 12:39:54 PM
I agree with the others that question the benefit of a rising price. I think the price is fine where it is. A stable price is best for everyone. A stable price would promote adoption more than any advertising or NASCAR sponsorships.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
June 29, 2014, 08:08:27 AM
well i want to see the price of btc to hit almost 2000$ then i m happy .. Cheesy
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
June 29, 2014, 05:41:01 AM
Well, BTC is growing by having business adopt it and through the building of a strong infrastructure on top of it. Advertising might help a little but just getting the name of Bitcoin out the public space isn't going to be suffcient for the public to truely embrace Bitcoin and use it as a currency. A focus on education is probably what would be required. And it's not an easy task to educate a public which has no desire to learn(of course some people do, but I think it's safe to assume the majority do not).

As far as LTC goes, I don't feel that Litecoin has shown any innovation or progress since 2011 when it was created. I don't see the much to the argument for Litecoin continuing to be a major cryptocurrency unless the development team seriously steps up and starts adding innovated features. Considering how many new and exciting technologies are coming out in the crypto space right now it's likely Litecoin is going to be left behind unless something changes soon.

I'm sorry, not to sound like an ass but where is all the BTC innovation? This is an old and stale argument. I can replace the LTC in the above quote with BTC and it has the same meaning.

The fact of the matter is that BTC and LTC work together. The devs work together, and even the P2pool code received a tremendous donation from the LTC devs/community (which everyone uses, everyone meaning coins not people lol). BTC and LTC are brothers, LTC just happens to be a year behind in just about everything, but still light years ahead of other coins.

BTC has lots of innovation. Coloured coins, Lighthouse, tons of third party applications being built on top of BTC. Yes, the core protocol evolves at a snails pace. But with BTC the community is so large that all of these outside features that work with BTC can make up for it. With LTC there is nothing as far as I know. BTC and LTC don't work together, I don't see that connection at all really.

On the other hand there are lots of altcoins innovating lightning speed. Adding features like crazy while LTC does nothing but collect dust.

Personally, I would love to see a push to modernize LTC and bring it back to its former glory. But I don't see anyone from the LTC community caring enough to start in that direction.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
June 24, 2014, 04:43:42 PM
Hello Reader,

Will TV commercials, billboard advertising and sponsoring events or racecars raise the value of BTC or LTC?

If you have an another Idea please reply. I am thinking of realising one or more ideas.

The best cheapest way is to leverage the internet.
Activity: 364
June 24, 2014, 03:28:05 PM
this is so dumb thread; litecoin is dying, and in that thread it says "litecoin has great dev" Huh
litecoin has 0 development, nothing new is happening, zero , nada , nula , nichts

i would love to see some big news on ltc, some progress, anything, because in combination with diff going crazy up due to asics it would push the price way higher.
but sadly there is just nothing happening there..

Nothing is happening? You say this why...because they aren't hard forking every couple of months to throw the latest gimmicks into the protocol, which wouldn't improve it in any measurable way?

You don't fix what ain't broke.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
June 24, 2014, 07:28:35 AM

this is so dumb thread; litecoin is dying, and in that thread it says "litecoin has great dev" Huh
litecoin has 0 development, nothing new is happening, zero , nada , nula , nichts

i would love to see some big news on ltc, some progress, anything, because in combination with diff going crazy up due to asics it would push the price way higher.
but sadly there is just nothing happening there..
Activity: 448
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
June 24, 2014, 12:46:19 AM
Nothing drives the price up quite like demand of use.  If some website, say Amazon, says they'll take a crypto.  The price will rise.  It's not because the coins are more rare, but because they are being accepted.  Any of us can take our coins, sell at an exchange for fiat, move fiat to bank account, and then buy the item from Amazon - but it's a lot easier to just use the coin as intended.
This is correct but the question is how to get more people to use bitcoin.

If more people use bitcoin then more merchants will want to accept bitcoin for payment.

If more merchants accept bitcoin for payment (and potentially offer discounts based on it's lower cost) then more people will start to use bitcoin.

This is a issue of what comes first, the chicken or the egg
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
June 24, 2014, 12:24:29 AM
Nothing drives the price up quite like demand of use.  If some website, say Amazon, says they'll take a crypto.  The price will rise.  It's not because the coins are more rare, but because they are being accepted.  Any of us can take our coins, sell at an exchange for fiat, move fiat to bank account, and then buy the item from Amazon - but it's a lot easier to just use the coin as intended.
legendary
June 24, 2014, 12:22:24 AM
Why do you want the value to be raised? If it was lower, more people might start using bitcoin. Is that not what you want?

The price of BTC is pretty irrelevant if you are using it to purchase goods or services.   If you buy BTC just to purchase a specific good, BTC could be worth 1 cent, or it could be worth $1,000...since you are ultimately using it just to purchase a physical good.

If it were lower, then more people throw money at it (from an investment standpoint), but when using BTC as money it doesn't matter if the price is high or low..
legendary
June 24, 2014, 12:20:05 AM
Continuing to do what most people are already doing will ultimately raise the value of BTC and LTC.   There are so many new business being developed daily that will in the end, make cryptos part of almost everyone's every day life.

Logically thinking, it can only go up from here (in the long term)
Activity: 334
Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director
June 23, 2014, 09:38:19 PM

Activity: 191
Merit: 100
June 23, 2014, 05:56:33 PM
Why do you want the value to be raised? If it was lower, more people might start using bitcoin. Is that not what you want?

You have a point but can also be bad as more bitcoin owners will be dumping if the prices to keep going down.
Pages:
Jump to: