Pages:
Author

Topic: If an ICO team is anonymous, is it a scam? - page 20. (Read 4385 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1
November 15, 2018, 05:12:12 PM
One of the things i can never do again in this space and that i cannot recommend anyone to do is to invest in an ICO with anonymous team. I gave come across such, as a matter of fact, i did the bounty, but did nit invest money into it. Despite that, it was a wasted effort and time. The ICO looks enticing though, but it later turned out to be scam. They took away investors' money and didn't list on good exchange before effacing.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
November 15, 2018, 02:38:25 PM
I can recommend to skip ICO with the anonymous team because you can loose your invested money. Don't risk your money if you're not sure about the project. Satoshi didn't raise money!
I am also worried that the project team 's inclusion of the project team makes things risky and risky. Many ICOs indicate their headquarters so that all investors can check the transparency of the project. I often check the project's communications networks to see if they provide information and images of the project's development team before making any investments.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
November 15, 2018, 02:34:20 PM
most likely yes, because as far as I know everywhere the name of the ico team must be transparent in order to trust their participation. if the anonymous team how do the participants believe that?
Activity: 531
Merit: 258
November 15, 2018, 02:04:46 PM
Anonymous or not, do not trust anyone on the web, no matter how good the story is. Especially when it's about money.
I wouldn't trust an anonymous team but some may be legit. It's just better to erase any risk on your investment.
Activity: 329
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
November 15, 2018, 02:02:25 PM
Maybe 2 years ago it can be a good ICO. But today I don't invest in the anonymous because count of scam projects it giant. And in my research one of the key stones is a team check: who, where, how, why. If team want to be anon they must find money in other sources
Activity: 1036
Merit: 144
Penguin Party 🐟
November 15, 2018, 01:58:14 PM
This is true satoshi still remains anonymous. My personal opinion is if the team remain anonymous then it can be shady, but I also understand the conflict of interest part.

My question is is a KYC (Know Your Customer) required? 

I recently read a post about why is there a KYC but the team is not required to do a KYT (KNOW YOUR TEAM)

DOES YOUR PROJECT REQUIRE A KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER? IF SO WHO ARE YOU TO ASK THE PARTICIPANTS FOR THEIR IDENTITY, BUT YOU REFUSE TO GIVE YOURS?

THE REASON I JOIN CRYPTO IS TO KEEP MY MONEY HIDDEN AND TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS. IF I MUST SEND IN MY IDENTITY, THEN WHO KNOWS WHAT IT IS BEING USED FOR? THAT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF ANONYMITY.

YOU SHOULD SHARE A COUPLE OF YOUR KEY MEMBERS BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT JUST PLAIN LOOKS LIKE A SCAM.

IF YOUR MEMBERS ARE AS AMAZING AS YOU SAY, IT SHOULD BRING IN MORE CONTRIBUTORS.  MORE MONEY AND AN EVEN LARGER COMMUNITY.

HIDING IT AND EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR PROJECT JUST SHOWS YOUR ARE GOING TO TAKE THE MONEY AND THEN HIDE!!!!
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol
November 15, 2018, 01:46:52 PM
Not necessarily, but there are a lot of bad nut among us so nobody trust anyone. Also one might ask why do you hide your identity if you think your intentions are clear and you are in for a good work.
Activity: 179
Merit: 16
November 15, 2018, 11:12:11 AM
We can't call them scam until  they runaway with your investment, there's a big risk investing with project without knowing the team behind, you should think a lot before you will try making investment, even working products has been offered and future success might be reached you still need to do a
hard research and good analysis before making any decisions.

Good advice right here. I do consider the working product to be the most important thing to analyze and see whether or not it's actually bringing anything valuable and new to the table, but a well-rounded analysis is always a good idea.

In their case the working product is a distributed exchange network and escrow system, which has been attempted multiple times and failed. First project that does take the cake will definitely be a force to be reckoned with.
Activity: 633
Merit: 14
November 15, 2018, 09:48:43 AM
Just skip that project you will waste your time and money. How can people trust put their money to anonymous team? No one will trust it. Scam attempt is too strong just leave it. Next time check the team behind project its very important.
It is true, now see any ico with obscure team that joined it could be a scam. I think a project like that will not get investors, because team ico developer it is very important and one of which is considered by investors.
Activity: 983
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
November 15, 2018, 09:45:02 AM
Just skip that project you will waste your time and money. How can people trust put their money to anonymous team? No one will trust it. Scam attempt is too strong just leave it. Next time check the team behind project its very important.
Activity: 350
November 15, 2018, 09:20:42 AM
It is not clear why the team should remain anonymous when people want to know whom they trust in their investments.
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
November 15, 2018, 09:18:56 AM
Well, in my opinion it is better that you know the identity and achievements of the team members of an ICO. It will help you decide if you will participate to an ICO or not if you know the background of the team.
Activity: 13
November 15, 2018, 09:18:22 AM
This is very suspicous to say the least and that may be a sign that a project is a scam.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
November 15, 2018, 09:14:27 AM
I don't believe ICO with anonymous team with several exceotions. One example is Bitcoin. It is absolutely anonymous even after 9 years of investigations.
Activity: 524
io.ezystayz.com
November 15, 2018, 08:17:06 AM
ICO with anonymous team is absolutely scam they are just disappear after thier ICO better to ignore the ICO project without a team but also becarefull before investing because many ICO nowadays have a team but they are not legit better to investigate them before imvesting.
Activity: 266
Merit: 26
November 15, 2018, 08:15:58 AM
Oh, yeah definitely, it is a scam.
If they are legit and they want to develop a honest good project why they should keep their IDs hidden?
Activity: 15
November 15, 2018, 08:05:38 AM
One thing to notice here is that they haven't really launched the project yet, its mostly still just marketing. But apart from all that you have mentioned, one thing to notice would be their honest response. I mean there's no harm waiting for an official launch and maybe that would give more clarity whether the project is genuine.
Activity: 406
Merit: 3
November 15, 2018, 06:40:17 AM
There are a lot of fraudulent ICOs with fake teams. Therefore, before investing in ICO, you need to carefully investigate the team. This is one of the most important factors predicting how the token will work and whether the project will be successful.
Activity: 560
“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”
November 15, 2018, 06:30:06 AM
The ICO includes funding from the public and the founders and teams must be clear, if that is the case, obliged to convince them to use an experienced escrow to avoid the worst, but I disagree with the ICO team's anonymity because anyone can make it and half of the same ICOs intend to cheat. It's better to leave projects that aren't clear like that.
copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
November 15, 2018, 06:24:05 AM
Whether anonymous or not is not a guarantee that an ICO will not be a scam, afterall the foremost mention of cryptocurrency was presented as anaynous development and it was a success, currently a lot of developers even with the massive technocrats as presented to us as the team eventually can still die off.
Pages:
Jump to: