Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin ever did go completely mainstream... - page 3. (Read 4375 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
If Bitcoin ever did go completely mainstream and actually succeeded in killing off some fiat currencies, it would make just about every person on this forum incredibly wealthy. The new wealthy elite would be roughly 95% male, and dominated by geeks/nerds/libertarians/smart people. 

Speculate on how you think this would affect the world we live in.  What would be different vs today's world?

Absolutely not. A lot of people around here have ~0 coins and another group are in bitcoin debt.

What % of world wealth do you think men have now?

But yeah, it'll be higher % smart people than now :-)
Activity: 780
Merit: 510
Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.
A fool and his money are soon parted.  Many of us who "would have been" wealthy would have lost it to money smart people and there will be a lot of people saying dam they wish they kept their bitcoins.

Nikola Tesla was very smart when it came to physics and electronics, however he was less than proficient when it came to understanding human relations and their wealth.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist that if I make something that gives people free energy your not going to get someone to fund it. The fact he could not figure that out and trick the fools that funded him is why he died poor and broken.  

The bottom line we all can't be smart at everything and common sense is not common.

Davinci
BTW: Just because I understand this does not make me an exception. Wink
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

I would speculate that most geeks/nerds/libertarians/smart people will not be able to resist temptations and will not be able to run the marathon, most will be sprinters and will sell out most or all BTC holdings way under 1000$ per BTC to the banksters.

I agree with your speculations, but there is an idea:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77151.0;all

that could spread Bitcoin across the world in ( perhaps ) a matter of months.

The people who will be weak enough to sell their bitcoins for paper money will not be able to affect the value of Bitcoin if it is entrenched in multiple societies.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
If Bitcoin ever did go completely mainstream and actually succeeded in killing off some fiat currencies, it would make just about every person on this forum incredibly wealthy. The new wealthy elite would be roughly 95% male, and dominated by geeks/nerds/libertarians/smart people. 

Speculate on how you think this would affect the world we live in.  What would be different vs today's world?

I would speculate that most geeks/nerds/libertarians/smart people will not be able to resist temptations and will not be able to run the marathon, most will be sprinters and will sell out most or all BTC holdings way under 1000$ per BTC to the banksters.

legendary
Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

don't be a douche  mmmk?

I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-am-pretty-confident-we-are-the-new-wealthy-elite-gentlemen-12156
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

Pages:
Jump to: