Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house? - page 18. (Read 133893 times)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 328
yes of course that's the best decision you will make if ever it will happen in the future and House is the best investment after all because even though your too old to work you have a real achievement for sure that you will say you "OWN".
well having your own house is the need of the day now because everything is now so much costly and the prices are going on fire now a days  but bitcoin is here so no fear you can buy or invest in bitcoin and it will give you good return so it’s good to have bitcoin now.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Well why not reward yourself for a very good and life changing investment? However you need to make sure you are prepared to potentially miss out on more profits but that's your call.
If you are able to hold bitcoin for a very long time ,then you are supposed to make a lot of money if people start buying bitcoin and with the limited amount of coin in existence it will always rise in the future,but if you have a plan now and have enough coins then you should invest in what you think is important.
I will buy a house in the future but I will not gonna sacrifice my investment by using them all to buy a house.
It's good to reward yourself from what you are earning but we also have to consider that bitcoin is a good investment that will be more
valuable in the future to come. Maybe I will spend 10% of my portfolio to buy a house.

Same here. It's just scary to think about spending all of your bitcoins to buy something and then the price went up after a couple of months. Right before bitcoin pumped, it was just 600$ and I thought I would spend all of my bitcoins to buy a decent gaming rig. Oh God, I'm so grateful that I got lazy that day and didn't do any research on what computer parts to buy because otherwise, I shouldn't have made 2000$ just from holding bitcoins. Because of that scenario, I promised myself to never spend a huge part of my bitcoins unless it's really needed.

These material things can wait. It's not like you are really in need of house right now. You're obviously not homeless and you're obviously been living somewhere. Just continue renting the apartment just a little longer. In due time, the price of bitcoin will increase so much that a house will just be a small percentage of your total money. That percentage wouldn't worry you that much in case bitcoin goes to the moon again.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Well, if bitcoin does go up that much in price, you can surely buy a house. Its all up to you. However, you do have to consider the fact that the seller might not accept or use bitcoin at all.

"should I buy a house": of course, every person needs a house. But I wouldnt let the price and value of bitcoin be the deciding factor. Get a house that best suits your lifestyle and budget. And in the meantime, keep the bitcoins you have as an asset, a commodity and nothing more. But be sensible, as the price of bitcoin might skyrocket even further and suddenly crash. Naturally, you want to sell before that happens.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
Well why not reward yourself for a very good and life changing investment? However you need to make sure you are prepared to potentially miss out on more profits but that's your call.
If you are able to hold bitcoin for a very long time ,then you are supposed to make a lot of money if people start buying bitcoin and with the limited amount of coin in existence it will always rise in the future,but if you have a plan now and have enough coins then you should invest in what you think is important.
I will buy a house in the future but I will not gonna sacrifice my investment by using them all to buy a house.
It's good to reward yourself from what you are earning but we also have to consider that bitcoin is a good investment that will be more
valuable in the future to come. Maybe I will spend 10% of my portfolio to buy a house.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house?

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.

Of course you can buy a house, but if bitcoin will get to the highest price do not directly exchange 80-90% bitcoin you have, do not get a higher price, so I think you can make a gradual exchange. I totally agree with your idea, if you buy a house there will be a convenient place for you to look for more bitcoin, and that sounds really good. Hope you can do it as soon as possible.
I think it is depending on the area where you live specially if you want to buy the house directly using bitcoin. if in your area other people are also using bitcoin then there are more chances to use bitcoin for buying a house. but i think  still  there  are very little area where people may  be using bitcoin  for doing such  a big bargain like to buy a house or a car.
Activity: 361
Merit: 100
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Buying a house.....with land preferably......can be the best investment one can make. Going from a volatile investment like Bitcoin to a more stable investment like real estate would be a big move up for you.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
it totally depends on you...
but if you want to know many people's perception regarding your plan then I suggest you keep your bitcoin for more time. bitcoin will grow up more and more, so it will bring to you a lot of value. so keep your bitcoin in the investment or mining sector...
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
When interest rates are this low, you would be stupid not to have a mortgage, imo..
That is what some think, but what are you going to do when that changes? By buying a house you are setting yourself to pay for it for decades, are you sure the same conditions we have now are going to remain for the next decade? Because I’m not, Avoid debt like the plague, getting into debt for so long seems a terrible idea to me, pay the house with cash if you can.
Activity: 317
Merit: 251

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.
Yes you could buy your own house but the problem is do they accept bitcoin as a transaction payment ? Because bitcoin is still not legal currency or not accepted by the government, so you can only buy a house if you convert bitcoin into a cash.
Your right it is very hard to find a person who is accepting bitcoin for buying a house, if you only convert your bitcoin into a real money so you could buy a house. We still need to wait for bitcoin to be the legal currency.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
If i have a lot of bitcoin, i will make sure that i will have home. It might be proud if I have a private home at my age right now, because most people I see, they always use the money they have for fun.
Thats good thing to think of mate as mention most people always wasting their money with nothing me as well if getting a chance ill be going to invest it with something that will benefits my future. Im always looking for opportunities thats why i took this investment hopefully for another year or two ill be able to buy a house and own a small business here in my country.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.
Yes you could buy your own house but the problem is do they accept bitcoin as a transaction payment ? Because bitcoin is still not legal currency or not accepted by the government, so you can only buy a house if you convert bitcoin into a cash.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
If i have a lot of bitcoin, i will make sure that i will have home. It might be proud if I have a private home at my age right now, because most people I see, they always use the money they have for fun.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250

That's a good question! I'm waiting for that to happen. I own a house to live, that is my long-standing dream. If the bitcoin increases at high prices and I make big money enough to buy a house then I will buy it immediately. Feeling at home is very comfortable. Do you think so?
Activity: 140

Of course you can buy a house, but if bitcoin will get to the highest price do not directly exchange 80-90% bitcoin you have, do not get a higher price, so I think you can make a gradual exchange. I totally agree with your idea, if you buy a house there will be a convenient place for you to look for more bitcoin, and that sounds really good. Hope you can do it as soon as possible.
Activity: 364
Everyone must decide how to spend his bitcoin when he rises very high. Buying a home is a good idea, but you can also consider setting up your own business.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
When interest rates are this low, you would be stupid not to have a mortgage, imo..
Activity: 490
Merit: 256

Well if you need to buy a house, then do so. It would be nice to have a house because of holding Bitcoins. Maybe someone will write an article about you and your house. Cheesy However, if you are going to buy a house, it should be around 50% only of your stash. 80% is big and surely there will be some expenses along the way. So it is safe at the 50%, that way you will have more Bitcoin to spare in case something comes up.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
yes of course that's the best decision you will make if ever it will happen in the future and House is the best investment after all because even though your too old to work you have a real achievement for sure that you will say you "OWN".

That is the most commonly held view but it is a lie, the greatest asset is yourself the money making machine and that is why you need to insure yourself first to pay the bills since you are the machine that pays all the other bills ^^. Even if the cash flow stops coming in for any reason.

To me buying a house is the best insurance ever. When you buy a house, it is your property and it is tangible. No one is holding funds and in case of anything, you can always dispose it and have cash. Houses will not depreciate in value therefore you will be able to get value back when you sell it after some years. When you purchase an insurance cover, you are giving someone money to trade with and expect that this person will compensate you in case of anything happening. Insurance premiums have validity and you will have to renew every year. What about if you pay for 10 years and there is no claim from your side?. You should start with a house first before you think of insurance.
We do have different understanding, house is not an investment for me unless I bought it for the purpose of money generating business like renting it.
The reality is when you have a bigger house you will have to allocate a bigger money to maintain it, you need to pay all the bills, the electricity, water, repairs and maintenance and including the insurance. If I have made a big profit in bitcoin I will just buy a simple house and still rule in different investment the money I make from bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: