Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 167. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Gold is the supertanker of finance. There's still enough guys out there to manipulate it.

Yeah for now, but the op meant is if it's already stable. His post is contradictory
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Gold is the supertanker of finance. There's still enough guys out there to manipulate it.
I think this is contrary, if bitcoin become stable, it means bitcoin is already adopted by big number of people.
The reason it became stable is because no one can manipulate the price resulting to no fluctuate of it's price.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
Big company won't accept bitcoin nowaday because of its fluctuation will give risk
Yes, and for that it is compulsory that the stability come to occur in its price, so after stability occur in the price of bitcoin and those big companies started to adopt bitcoin then no one among the people will stop bitcoin to flourish.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
I also think that it won’t be as popular as it is now and in this case the interest of Bitcoin will considerably decrease.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
No!!!
People would never had love it then. Bitcoin is very popular as investment among many due to it's flexibility. It has very high potential and it's price is improving day by day.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Big company won't accept bitcoin nowaday because of its fluctuation will give risk
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
I believe that stability comes hand in hand with the amount of trust people would put into a currency. The more it is trusted, the more people will use it. Because in the minds of ordinary consumers, stability is what matters most.

Yes this is true. But if bitcoin is a trusted asset, there will be a stable in flow of users.

Limited supply + 4-yearly reward halving + continuous increase in user  = stable increase in the value of each bitcoin
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
I believe so that bitcoin is very popular but its just other people would seem to know more about it or what they can get from it. But once bitcoin was broadcast all over the world and that people can actually earn from it this will start the evolution on more demands of bitcoin and it will be spread out for more jobs and investments.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I believe that stability comes hand in hand with the amount of trust people would put into a currency. The more it is trusted, the more people will use it. Because in the minds of ordinary consumers, stability is what matters most.
Activity: 560
Well one of main interest from big investors were the huge volatility of bitcoin soo exchanges and traders would be out if the price were mooving up just some cents,for other side it would be better get a stable price with that fluctuation and we wouldnt be at the 1100 dollars buble that turned into a nightmare for some new investors,soo it could be a boost since all could get bitcoin for a stable price and work with it ,but exchanges would get lower investment ,about the other markets i believe the people would keep gambling and signatures could be paying the rates from the last year around 0,10btc weekly soo in the end would be good for the community a stable price.
Activity: 308
The mind is everything. What you think you become.
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
i guess its will more popular,people will more love bitcoin,and bitcoin will not make people upset because the price fluctuate,because some people loss some money and not care to bitcoin anymore.
Activity: 910
「きみはこれ&#
Yes ,indeed.Even the small price differences make a huge impact for big investors .If you observer shares ,they don't really bounce up by huge numbers.As long as the prices are fluctuating and not fixed,its always a good choice to invest in the entity.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Nope. Interest would die off. Most are here for the prospect of price movement. I doubt usage would increase as the cost and inconvenience of obtaining them is always going to be with us.

Agreed , It would have been popular  , but not as popular as it is now . Because there would be no investments , traders , nothing , wouldn't have been much of a interest . But also it would be popular , because of its anonymity ,

No, Prices go up and down and are not stable. thats the beauty of this currency.
Yeah price variation is the nature of bitcoin but if a situation comes that the price is stable in bitcoin its popularity will be reduced definitely and the eagerness will not be there if price values remains the same.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Interest among the current set of users would die off, but I think you will have a new (and more populous) set of people who will be interested in Bitcoin once it becomes stable.

What would attract them though? Perhaps stability would improve the services surrounding it so it did become more convenient in general.

At the same time I don't see how it could compete as a payment system with credit cards as the buying and selling and storing of it will always have its risks and costs. Remittance and transfers is a possibility but regular banking is likely to use its lessons to improve their own services. Store of value? Stability implies it's going to bob along with the normal currencies. You may as well stick with gold.

I guess it depends on the status of our theoretical stability.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
Nope. Interest would die off. Most are here for the prospect of price movement. I doubt usage would increase as the cost and inconvenience of obtaining them is always going to be with us.

Agreed , It would have been popular  , but not as popular as it is now . Because there would be no investments , traders , nothing , wouldn't have been much of a interest . But also it would be popular , because of its anonymity ,

No, Prices go up and down and are not stable. thats the beauty of this currency.
legendary
Activity: 1246

Interest among the current set of users would die off, but I think you will have a new (and more populous) set of people who will be interested in Bitcoin once it becomes stable.
Activity: 798
bitcoin price is stable or not bitcoin is popular. Bitcoin is popular not because the price is stable it is popular because many ways we can earn here not just trading in bitcoin. We can earn here many ways like mining trading altcoin joining sgnature campaign and many more ways so this is the reason why bitcoin is popular
Agree! Bitcoin price is stable or not bitcoin is popular. Bitcoin is popular because many people know that bitcoin can help many people in their financial problem. Bitcoin is popular because there are many ways to earn here and they can earn here even if they use only their free time .
Activity: 1190
Merit: 260
Tryig to survive in this harsh world
If people are interested in bitcoin only because of the price movement, then I think bitcoin failed to achieve its goal as a currency. Being valued only in regard to USD/EUR or any other fiat means a total failure of bitcoin to have its own intrinsic value. Think of it, do you value EUR because of its value against USD alone ? ofcourse not, because EUR has an intrinsic value (some may argue this, but bear with me), the possibility to get you things and services you need without being converted to any other form.
So, the real question is whether or not bitcoin will reach maturity as a currency and be decoupled totally from fiat money and have its own intrinsic value ?
Activity: 448
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
No I think not because the price changing all the time is what is attracting most Bitcoins users. The fact that they can make money and use it as a investment is what Bitcoin making unique and different.
Jump to: