Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 169. (Read 171736 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
If bitcoin has a stable price around 1000$ it will become more popular but if the price has fall down to less than 1 $ i think everybody will try to look for another coin to replace bitcoin
This is what is very wrong with these people. If you are here because of greed (i.e. wanting to profit), then you're most definitely here for the wrong reasons. 1 BTC will always be equal to 1 BTC.

It would be used more as a real payment method than it is now.
I concur.

Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin.
To elaborate: We are talking about people that are considered 'sheep' (both ignorant and stupid). They don't even know where their precious fiat comes from nor how it all works, yet they keep using it.
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
Stable price would surely attract more users to Bitcoin, but aren't we all here looking for a price increase , a big price increase in future time span of 5-10 years? Basically I am looking for that and collecting BTC until that time, so I am only worried for the price of Bitcoin up rather than many other people joining it, although many other people joining it will result in a price increase.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
If bitcoin has a stable price around 1000$ it will become more popular but if the price has fall down to less than 1 $ i think everybody will try to look for another coin to replace bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I personally think it would be even more popular, since people would be able to convert fiat to Bitcoin and hold them without having to worry about it losing value.
It would be used more as a real payment method than it is now.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
This thread was created in the wrong section. This should be in the Economics sections. Anyhow, to answer you question: A stable price would most likely end up attracting even more people to Bitcoin. One of the major 'cons' that it currently has (for people who consider joining) is that it is very volatile and that you might end up having much less money (e.g. in USD) the day after you've bought some Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
bitcoin right now have a better and stronger user base than when we were at 1200 peka, so this is already answering your question

and anyway popthe value larity is directly correlated to popularity and usage, so there is no way that you can have a low value and mass adoption...
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
Pages:
Jump to: