Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 95. (Read 171736 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
- I think not, many people come to Bitcoin because its value changes continuously over time, it gives investors a good profit. We all know the bitcoin also because of its value and potential, if it is too stable, it will not have anything called potential and there will be no popularity
- The price of bitcoin will never be stable or only stable for a short time, the amount of people who know bitcoin is increasing rapidly, so the value of bitcoin will change. That will make it more popular every day
Suppose if it stable for long time then slowly it ill lose their popularity in digital market. So it keep on changing every short period of time. and this price fluctuation will attract many traders and investors to do Bitcoin business, otherwise people will find other source to make money. If the bitcoin price stable at high price then it is only useful for Bitcoin earners from different source.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
- I think not, many people come to Bitcoin because its value changes continuously over time, it gives investors a good profit. We all know the bitcoin also because of its value and potential, if it is too stable, it will not have anything called potential and there will be no popularity
- The price of bitcoin will never be stable or only stable for a short time, the amount of people who know bitcoin is increasing rapidly, so the value of bitcoin will change. That will make it more popular every day
Activity: 308
Depending on how much is bitcoin worth if bitcoins price will be stable.If bitcoins price will be stable at very low price i think bitcoins will not be popular through it.We all know that bitcoin is just popular on because its price.So if it will be stable at low price bitcoins will be no popular anymore and eventually die
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
See first of all logically it can't happen.
Moreover even if such a thing happens,
Bitcoin might loose a lot of users.
But I don't think that everyone will stop using it,
Still bitcoin will remain a form of currency.
Those who has invested in it will have to use it .
certainly not all users will go it may be that the price of bitcoin can be stabilized. but it will not make all of the users go of course there are still many users who chose to stay because of the stable will be safer
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is completely tradable currency so it doesn't stick to a stable currency, once it is stable many people will not use bitcoin.
Many people likes the bitcoin only because there are making money through it.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
I personally think it would be even more popular, since people would be able to convert fiat to Bitcoin and hold them without having to worry about it losing value.
It would be used more as a real payment method than it is now.

The only reason why bitcoin is so popular is because of the price. It changes its price randomly. So if the price of bitcoin is on stable pricenof 500$ for example, would it still be popular compared today ? Thats actually the most special thing about bitcoin ..
I disagree with you. Price is of course important, but bitcoin offers us a world without borders. You don't need to worry about paying taxes and fees. In addition, in any country where there is Internet you can use your money

I strongly suspect that a lot of people are going to disagree with you too

Especially, in respect to fees and more so in respect to those fees which you pay for transferring bitcoins from your wallet to someone else's. Apart from that, the use you are talking about (that of a global currency, or a means of payment) is basically irrelevant since most of Bitcoin value (whether you like or not) comes from speculation nowadays anyway
That's bad is it is just all about speculation because the FUDSTERS will play and I am pretty sure majority of the users of bitcoin
are not really monitoring the news so they won't be able to determine which are real news and fake news.

FUD spreaders are basically just traders that want to pump/dump a market without using their money. They create big announcements about the market and spread the humor. When people are newbie enough to believe all these lies that are written as if they were an official announcement from somewhere, then FUDsters are able to start some movements and later on harvest (either sell or buy) the fruits of their FUDs.

But sometimes when the price has already moved up/down, panic seller/buyers have nothing to do about it so they just sell/buy their coins as well due to the fear of losing the chance to buy/sell at a low/high price.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
I personally think it would be even more popular, since people would be able to convert fiat to Bitcoin and hold them without having to worry about it losing value.

The only reason why bitcoin is so popular is because of the price. It changes its price randomly. So if the price of bitcoin is on stable pricenof 500$ for example, would it still be popular compared today ? Thats actually the most special thing about bitcoin ..
I disagree with you. Price is of course important, but bitcoin offers us a world without borders. You don't need to worry about paying taxes and fees. In addition, in any country where there is Internet you can use your money

Especially, in respect to fees and more so in respect to those fees which you pay for transferring bitcoins from your wallet to someone else's. Apart from that, the use you are talking about (that of a global currency, or a means of payment) is basically irrelevant since most of Bitcoin value (whether you like or not) comes from speculation nowadays anyway
That's bad is it is just all about speculation because the FUDSTERS will play and I am pretty sure majority of the users of bitcoin
are not really monitoring the news so they won't be able to determine which are real news and fake news.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

Activity: 291
Let's get this straight – people use bitcoin because it is money. One single coin that is worth more than  USD$1000 sure to get attention. With the price getting higher, old miners are tempted to return to bitcoin mining again, because it is worth it. Price is all that people care about – not the technical ones, though.
It is not that easy as it sounds to return to mining and they know that they left the mining scene simply because it is not profitable and you really cannot compete with corporate mining which is the standard now,just the price and stories behind it attracts people into bitcoin and the idea and technology behind it is the attracting force .
Activity: 88
Merit: 10

I disagree with you. Price is of course important, but bitcoin offers us a world without borders. You don't need to worry about paying taxes and fees. In addition, in any country where there is Internet you can use your money.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

What is the most special thing in Bitcoin, its volatility?

If Bitcoin value (not to be confused with its price) is to become rock solid and extremely stable, many merchants would be happy to use Bitcoin a means of payment (just like they use the US dollar right now). So while it could lose some of its popularity among short-term traders and scalpers as well as other speculators, it would certainly gain it among other folks who don't need its volatility so much. Add to this instant payments and you will get an ideal currency (quite close to)
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
Let's get this straight – people use bitcoin because it is money. One single coin that is worth more than  USD$1000 sure to get attention. With the price getting higher, old miners are tempted to return to bitcoin mining again, because it is worth it. Price is all that people care about – not the technical ones, though.
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
If you save bitcoins from start to now, the bitcoin you have will worse more than what it was. If for example bitcoin will have stable price as any digital currency, people will recognize it as a digital payment currency, that's just made for buying something. And it will stay unique because of his characteristics, no other currency had that it will be the main reason why bitcoin so unique
Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Activity: 854
If bitcoin had a stable price it would be popular. Even if the price is stable or not the popularity of this bitcoin is not too much popular. Because many people dont know what is bitcoin. Many people dont need to use it. Many people dont have care about bitcoin. However it is not too much popular right now in the future i think this is the most popular coin even if the coin is not stable price.
your correct i remember my friend that one who reffer to me in bitcointalk and explain the useful of bitcoin they say as of now bitcoin is not popular because many people don't know what is bitcoin but in the future people realize that bitcoin is Very important.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
See first of all logically it can't happen.
Moreover even if such a thing happens,
Bitcoin might loose a lot of users.
But I don't think that everyone will stop using it,
Still bitcoin will remain a form of currency.
Those who has invested in it will have to use it .
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
The beauty of "bitcoin is it values. Like bitcoin white paper said bitcoin will rather became something valuable or nothing" by this what makes bitcoin popular is it values and price fluctuations. Bitcoin will be nothing if the price is stagnant. We are all here because we see that when you buy bitcoin today you can sell tomorrow with profit.

I fully agree. All Bitcoin holders are looking for some possible gains and if they don't gain anything then what's the use. This is the reason why many are considering Bitcoin to be an asset or investment because of the possible increase in value. Unlike with fiat money that can reduce in value due to many factors like exchange rates and inflationary pull. Take away this feature and I don't think Bitcoin will grow by leaps and bounds. We all want to get something or we always think "What's in it for me" and that is just normal. Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Do you think if BTC had a stable price which could only be altered by $0.01-0.10 it would still be as popular and as used?
The beauty of "bitcoin is it values. Like bitcoin white paper said bitcoin will rather became something valuable or nothing" by this what makes bitcoin popular is it values and price fluctuations. Bitcoin will be nothing if the price is stagnant. We are all here because we see that when you buy bitcoin today you can sell tomorrow with profit.

Absolutely right, If bitcoin has stable price, than what is new in bitcoin and why people use it to gain profit?
Bitcoin has no stable price that's why everyone could buy in a low price and wait for its price increase and sell on that time, when we know that we get profit from bitcoin. 
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
in my side since bitcoin stated with the low price and become this way maybe yes we can see the real future of bitcoin year past and stil lbitcoin becoming more popular it start with cents but now see what bitcoin can do with people bitcoin helps people to earn money without soo much worked for it. Just analyze things and you'll might know
Pages:
Jump to: