Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin had a stable price, would it still be as popular? - page 96. (Read 171736 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
more popular! well at least more popular to me  Cool stable price = never having to put money in usd tether again
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Yes i think that if bitcoin has a stable price it would be definitely still be popular because bitcoin can help people to buy there own needs that some people would be interested to join or use bitcoin to buy the things that they ever wanted.
It seems to me that the more stable the currency the more demand. Steady increase in the price of bitcoin may not last permanently therefore, to invest in bitcoin in order to cash in on the growth rate is stupid. If the exchange rate is stable, there will be many who want to protect their savings from inflation.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
In some countries, Bitcoin is still unfamiliar to people especially people who are not tech savvy. Once they heard that it has an incredible price, it could either go both ways, they will like it or not. It's just the person how he will react.
bitcoin probably will remain popular because there are still many users who liked the price stable. because they think it will be much safer. and of course a lot of people will not be afraid to adopt bitcoin

If bitcoin is stable then more people will adapting bitcoin for business, more local shop will accepting bitcoin because they can calculate their profit, if bitcoin price is unstable then it will be good for trading, so no matter what is happening bitcoin will be popular
lol a stable / stuck price will never be a reason why people will move to adopt bitcoin.

the current bitcoin volatile price are a special characteristic for bitcoin , it should be there forever. just the matter how you can take it as an advantage or keep dreaming / expecting the price of bitcoin to become stable just like an ordinary fiat currency ? id on't think so.

You have a valid point. Bitcoin volatility what makes it special. It has even compared to gold in terms of volatility. The real challenge as a bitcoin investor is to determine bitcoin’s fair value. But you have take notice that even with price instability, still a lot of investors are getting into bitcoin because they know that they will gain a profit because of its price instability.
bitcoin are more than just about price only , people have to know that.

it is a revolutionary financial system , in the future bitcoin expected to become the leading digital money and even applied in the government banking system , some country has started to do research about this , japan are one of them , the more people use bitcoin the more demand then bitcoin existence will never disappear no matter how much the price.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
Yes i think that if bitcoin has a stable price it would be definitely still be popular because bitcoin can help people to buy there own needs that some people would be interested to join or use bitcoin to buy the things that they ever wanted.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
if the price is stable, then the bitcoin aka remains popular as ever
if the price came down still wrote popular because many devotees
That excess bitcoin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
It would be even more popular as a currency with a stable price, but in order to have a stable price it will need a much larger market cap first.

A global currency that is used widely around the world can never have a stable price if it doesn't at least have a market cap of about a trillion dollars.

You are correct in that area and I believe that for bitcoin to reach a stable price it must become an official legal tender of the world. Being stable in value means that bitcoin is already accepted and being used as replacement to fiat currency. By using simple logic bitcoins stability in value means that it is already used by all people around the world and bitcoin will not just be popular people will crave for it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 520
Yes, but it would be propped up by altcoins that didn't have a stable price.  People would buy into Bitcoin and hold it to avoid the inflation of fiat currencies, as well as to trade with altcoins that they believe will rise and use that to increase their Bitcoin stock as if it were USDT.
Right now we see how volatile the price of bitcoin and altcoins even they have a big volume already, I guess it's hard to see a stable price since it is not controlled by one person only. The supply and demand rule will always play and knowing the market of crypto we see how the demand of people changes from time to time. They shift from bitcoin to alts and vice versa, especially the traders with big holdings.
Yes it seems that bitcoin cannot get a stable price because of the price volatility and the unstable investors because most of the bitcoin users or investors migrate to altcoin when the price is low and vice versa. So i don't think it will be easy for bitcoin to get that dream which is stable price but if bitcoin will get that i think it'll still be popular.
but i think we can see that now the price of bitcoin remain as more stable as compare it to previous time. i  am hopeful that in future the price of bitcoin will remain more stable and there will be no concept of panic selling.

Don't you need to phrase it that way, we all have the same expectations. For all people also want to have the advantage, price bitcoin is the most crowded or advantageous to users of the bitcoin. You focus it what be your desire in the bitcoin, because with only focus on your Favorites in the bitcoin will be far more profitable than you think with the price of the bitcoin. bitcoin is not a place that just the thought of seeking profits, but a place to make we can think to continue to develop our skills

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
I don't think that Bitcoin is popular because of its volatility and I would also think that only traders will be the ones who are affected when it becomes a stable price. What I mean about that is there are different users of Bitcoin and not even the majority of it is Bitcoin, I for once even get disappointed when the price of Bitcoin falls down to 1000$ when its time for me to convert my accumulated Bitcoin that I hold. So my answer is it depends on the type of user the Bitcoin has. If Bitcoin becomes a stable currency then it won't be popular to Traders or even Investors in that situation. Also another scenario I might see is that when Bitcoin becomes stable maybe many people will start to accept it especially businesses because they know that their income won't be affected.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
Honestly, no it wouldnt. A large percentage of the bitcoin price is speculation and in my opinion if you took that away, the price would drastically fall. Speculation can be a good thing though as the currency is deflationary in nature and over time the price should increase because it is less available(assuming that demand stays the same).
From a point of view of a guy who really like new tech and new invention I would still be interested in bitcoin if the price was stable, but from a point of view of a normal person I wouldn’t care less about it since the price is going to be low.

Because the only thing in my opinion that made bitcoin so popular is its extremely fast past growing price, there is something about numbers changing so fast makes people interested in it.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
If it goes more than what its price right now I'm selling the ICN i've recently bought and buy back my BTC until it slows down too. This is what I do when bitcoin makes swing traders feel better. If there's any other currency that moves the market pretty much high than bitcoin, I'b be buying that one too.

GBP/USD seem to work that way but its not that predictable even with all the indicators. Bitcoin is definitely a better platform for traders of old economy.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
I dont think so , Bitcoins ability to go up and down just like any currency is one of the reason why its a univeral favorite unlike Perfect Money and the now defunct Liberty Reserve.

Well most of us know it when bitcoin has a very stable price, it would be go far as what it is now. Because for having no stable price, it is the main reason why you and me are here. We love to see the price moving up and down, moving up when we've got enough for holding and moving down when we want to buy some.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
It would be even more popular as a currency with a stable price, but in order to have a stable price it will need a much larger market cap first.

A global currency that is used widely around the world can never have a stable price if it doesn't at least have a market cap of about a trillion dollars.

so you are saying that bitcoin should be worth about 62,500 USD right? because the supply can not change, it is fixed and will gorw slowly and in order to have a trillion dollar marketcap price has to that high!

what you should have said is bitcoin should have a bigger user base instead of marketcap. and as a side effect marketcap will also grow.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Bitcoin would be better for store value then gold or others currencies with a stable price, something that till the moment only dollars looks able to keep its value against others. Imagine bitcoin worth 250-300 dollars, we wouldnt have soo much manipulation neither huge companies mining it, those way we would let all people to join and get 1 bitcoin, at the current price and future the most bitcoiners wont have money to buy a bitcoin, if they are able at the momemt.

For other side some big investors joined the mining as well the trading of crypto and those is good for all since all able to make easy money without effort.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Honestly, no it wouldnt. A large percentage of the bitcoin price is speculation and in my opinion if you took that away, the price would drastically fall. Speculation can be a good thing though as the currency is deflationary in nature and over time the price should increase because it is less available(assuming that demand stays the same).
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
I dont think so , Bitcoins ability to go up and down just like any currency is one of the reason why its a univeral favorite unlike Perfect Money and the now defunct Liberty Reserve.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

but i think we can see that now the price of bitcoin remain as more stable as compare it to previous time. i  am hopeful that in future the price of bitcoin will remain more stable and there will be no concept of panic selling.

No it's not stable. Please look at the weekly chart and point where is the stable price movement there.

We can't called it as stable if only it will lasts for a day. A stable price movement established within closely to it's minimum and maximum price per day that will continue to run for long period of time.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Yes, but it would be propped up by altcoins that didn't have a stable price.  People would buy into Bitcoin and hold it to avoid the inflation of fiat currencies, as well as to trade with altcoins that they believe will rise and use that to increase their Bitcoin stock as if it were USDT.
Right now we see how volatile the price of bitcoin and altcoins even they have a big volume already, I guess it's hard to see a stable price since it is not controlled by one person only. The supply and demand rule will always play and knowing the market of crypto we see how the demand of people changes from time to time. They shift from bitcoin to alts and vice versa, especially the traders with big holdings.
Yes it seems that bitcoin cannot get a stable price because of the price volatility and the unstable investors because most of the bitcoin users or investors migrate to altcoin when the price is low and vice versa. So i don't think it will be easy for bitcoin to get that dream which is stable price but if bitcoin will get that i think it'll still be popular.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
Pages:
Jump to: