Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin was accepted everywhere would you use it? - page 2. (Read 3623 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
people always claim from transactions be slow but did anyone of you made a transaction and those didnt completed?
well Brazil has 150 stores already accepting it ,here isnt a big thing but is one step taken into put bitcoin on the right place i will allow it as well on my business but i doubt anyone at my city knows bitcoin anyway you need to offer the service and keep it for a long or medium
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
well bitcoin will become avaible in shops on the next years its a question of time,low business will accept it then medium and then the big ones soo we would be able to spend our bitcoin as we do with fiat.
What will motivate small businesses in to accepting bitcoin?

well is very easy the fee that whoo sell pays to banks when receives money from credit or debit,most people nowadays doesnt use fiat directly they prefer use the card already more secure.

The difference in fee has existed for some time. It hasn't been enough to motivate small business (perhaps a handful) as of yet so what is the spark this time?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
My favorite thing to spend money on already accept bitcoin: gambling.
So now I just need to be able to buy booze and hookers with bitcoin, then is all good  Grin

i think hoolers are already accepting bitcoin, if they don't is because they don't know about it, but i'm sure that if you tell them about bitcoin, they would accept it immediately, everything that has some anonimity like cash is welcome for those ladies
well bitcoin will become avaible in shops on the next years its a question of time,low business will accept it then medium and then the big ones soo we would be able to spend our bitcoin as we do with fiat.

well is very easy the fee that whoo sell pays to banks when receives money from credit or debit,most people nowadays doesnt use fiat directly they prefer use the card already more secure.
Activity: 546
Merit: 510
My favorite thing to spend money on already accept bitcoin: gambling.
So now I just need to be able to buy booze and hookers with bitcoin, then is all good  Grin
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
Of course!
As I have some income,I would like to spend it, but there are not many sites where I can spend it in a good way
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
I would start trade bitcoin and use it everywhere i need to spent. Just need the tx. be faster than now
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
even I said yes earlier in this thread, after 140 minutes of waiting today with default electrum fee, I'm changing my statement to "after bigger blocks will be in place"..
Activity: 448
I would definitely use Bitcoin everywhere is it were acceprted everywhere. I would get rid of my credit and debit cards and not use cash anymore. I end up paying a lot of fees at the banks and that is one thing I cannot stand about them. It would save us all a hell of a lot of money if the world switched over to Bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Personally YES. The main reason for that being that it puts me in control.

I went through a very bad patch with a business going under and battled to get back on my feet again. When the **** hit the fan my bank accounts were either frozen or closed without any notice and it took me close on a year and a half to get all my funds released. Cost me a bucket load in legal fees as well. When all was said and done the bank just said sorry and offered to open all my account again, that after I lived like a vagrant for almost 2 years.

In all that time I had to operate with cash only as I could not get a bank account opened. Best I could get was a basic savings account with either no debit card and or one that could not be used online and or for nothing else but retail purchases etc... so basically what I always called a 'kiddy' account.

Long story short: I no longer have to ask, beg and or plead with anybody to open an account and then wait days for approval. I just create a new wallet.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
Of course, who on here honestly wouldn't? At this  early stage bitcoin is already easier to use for many online transactions.

Even in person it is more secure than cash, and harder to lose if you take the security seriously.

Bitcoin is an important step towards the death of fiat currency, when people begin to wake up about the uselessness of manipulated and inflated paper currency they will turn to something else whether it is bitcoin, gold, or some other store  of value.
I don't think it will replace fiat, unfortunately people is too dumb and will use whatever is issued officially by governments. It will for sure tho, become the greatest way to preserve and move wealth outside of a government pegged currency, which means it will basically replace gold.
Activity: 280
Of course, who on here honestly wouldn't? At this  early stage bitcoin is already easier to use for many online transactions.

Even in person it is more secure than cash, and harder to lose if you take the security seriously.

Bitcoin is an important step towards the death of fiat currency, when people begin to wake up about the uselessness of manipulated and inflated paper currency they will turn to something else whether it is bitcoin, gold, or some other store  of value.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
Why wouldn't you? I don't think Satoshi was too worried about it being too accepted Wink

IMO decentralization of currency and pretty much anything, puts the power of the worlds system in the hands of the people. In a perfect future, this would be a vital part of life. In a perfect future...
I understand what is your point, however regards to the perfect future, there is nothing perfect in this world, perfection comes within us, it is based on our planning and intellectual thoughts, if we apply our sincere thoughts in any sectors, we could find the preferred future what we expect our life to be, hope you wouldn't take it as criticize rather than it is just my own thoughts regards to this.

The phrase "a perfect future" implies exactly what you just said. There never will be a 'perfect future', it is just a figure of speech to describe the utmost best scenario.
Activity: 252
Why wouldn't you? I don't think Satoshi was too worried about it being too accepted Wink

IMO decentralization of currency and pretty much anything, puts the power of the worlds system in the hands of the people. In a perfect future, this would be a vital part of life. In a perfect future...
I understand what is your point, however regards to the perfect future, there is nothing perfect in this world, perfection comes within us, it is based on our planning and intellectual thoughts, if we apply our sincere thoughts in any sectors, we could find the preferred future what we expect our life to be, hope you wouldn't take it as criticize rather than it is just my own thoughts regards to this.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

we should be avaible to spend our money wherever we want without show i bought a drug,a gun..... but is more safest to know what we spend our money at to avoid a massacre,and all insane people..and yes they need to think on the fee the bank will take from them soo bitcoin take a fee soo low that both win,who buy and who sell.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
I am curious as to why and who would use bitcoin if it was accepted everywhere.

Very few 'buyers of bitcoin' will ever use Bitcoin to make traditional purchases, even if it's accepted everywhere. And here's why ...

Not a single person on this forum has been able to provide an "intelligent" explanation as to why a consumer would willingly and regularly take an extra step to make a purchase. Why would my next door neighbor go to the trouble to buy BTC to make a purchase when he could have already made the same purchase using the debit card in his pocket.

What is his motivation for taking that extra step?

Because if I use my debit card to by heroin online they'll know who I really am.

My favorate edible panties store only takes Bitcoin.

Contract assassins give 2% cash back for Bitcoin.

Don't try to make people think that BTC is only good for illegal stuff...

Not every seller is able to accept credit card because I myself would have no idea how to use it if I wanted to do small sells , but I know it would be expensive.

And Bitcoin makes possible people earn money by ways that would not be possible or would be too difficult before the Bitcoin era, and they need to spend the money sometimes{I myself face this problem}

So you don't think it's even mildly curious that when Silk Road is alive and well, no one is afraid to do illegal stuff with Bitcoin because they think they're anonymous, Pirate's Ponzi is running and illegal stock offerings are everywhere Bitcoin had a 15 billion market cap and the price was climbing daily. Then the sheriff came to town, killed all the train robbers, made them realize they're not anonymous, started applying the law to LBC and woke everyone up, Bitcoins market cap dropped to 3 billion and the price is more stable than a loaf of bread since that happened. Sorry, but that's a little too coincidental for me. The volume you see now is mostly normal legal trade. That sucks. I want Bitcoin to soar again because I'm holding a bunch of them.

A place for everything and everything in its place. There's nothing wrong with Bitcoin filling the illegal market niche. Let's face it, it's easy for everyone to buy legal things with their current payment method. They don't need to change. People are naturally lazy and if they don't need to do something they usually won't. The desire for illegal items gave people a real need to use Bitcoin. Isn't that what we all want?
Pages:
Jump to: