Pages:
Author

Topic: If Greece defaults - page 6. (Read 45224 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2015, 06:07:29 AM
First of all they need to understand that the fault is only theirs and not to the others. If they (their politicians) would be responsible nothing would be happen. So if again 60% of them will vote another "No" they will go to nowhere. If they will do other referendums without meaning as the last, they will go again to nowhere. What now that they accepted a rescue plan with more draconian measures compare with those for which is made the referendum? 

Second, they must understand that only themselves can resolve the situation. If they will not understand that and work hard for this they will go again to nowhere.
legendary
Activity: 938
July 16, 2015, 04:37:11 PM
How I had mentioned on another thread: 
They need a kind of inspiration of Aristotle,Socrates,Demosthenes,Plato and the great Greek philosophers any of them would tell them to do.Economists claim Aristotle as the father of economics.
legendary
July 16, 2015, 01:48:57 PM
They can only rely on bitcoin

It is not easy and it will be very difficult for them. They need money and with bitcoin it is difficult to have more than you give. So it is a very, very hard experiment. They may use bitcoin as a referrer money but they must have necessarily they own money. They need monetary politics and with bitcoins this is impossible. They don't own the bitcoin.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 16, 2015, 01:41:30 PM
They can only rely on bitcoin
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
July 16, 2015, 08:41:25 AM
Leaving the Euro, which might happen effectively if not officially by next week, is dooming the Greek population to a huge cut in their personal wealth, living standards and purchasing power while still having an economy and government that needs deep reforms to get on a path of economic growth and sustainability.
legendary
July 16, 2015, 04:56:41 AM
As I've been dreaming of a Grexit for many years, it seems I'm going to get what I want at least. The Greeks have a choice, follow the way shown by the other EU members, which will be hard but safe, or follow their own way to misery. Latest news are towards the second solution. The Greek banks will remain closed. Forever.

man there is already a verdict about the grexit, and it is that there is no grexit, they will help them with more than 80B of money, but in exchange they need to show a solid plan to retrieve their position as a EU country and pay their debts

They will never be able to pay their debts as they are. Remain to see if they will continue to be an EU member with continuous debts, if their debt will be restructured or will be a probably Greexit in the years to come.

Well maybe this time Greece will slowly develop different ways to change the habits and lifestyle of many Greeks living the American Dream Bubble. This could be the real make ir or break it time for Greece. It has three years to pull its socks up and hopefully get the unsustainable debt restructured and under control. This debt is like a tumor growing and destroying everyone. I hope now Greeks in general will be motivated to become a nation of savers and also start rebuilding the country instead of taking all the money out. The big sharks took out 250 billion Euros over the last few years instead of investing that in their Country..These peeps should be put on trial for killing Greece.

Do you really think that people who have undergone three weeks of capital controls will now want to save their money? If/when it comes to my country I know I wouldn't trust the banks again.

Lol. The banks in Greece are not for the saving of the money but for taking the money. The only customers of banks are the retired people who take the pensions and the public and private employees who takes the salaries. The only way that that people can have their money is through the banks.

Take in mind that these people are to many. To many.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 16, 2015, 04:50:14 AM
As I've been dreaming of a Grexit for many years, it seems I'm going to get what I want at least. The Greeks have a choice, follow the way shown by the other EU members, which will be hard but safe, or follow their own way to misery. Latest news are towards the second solution. The Greek banks will remain closed. Forever.

man there is already a verdict about the grexit, and it is that there is no grexit, they will help them with more than 80B of money, but in exchange they need to show a solid plan to retrieve their position as a EU country and pay their debts

They will never be able to pay their debts as they are. Remain to see if they will continue to be an EU member with continuous debts, if their debt will be restructured or will be a probably Greexit in the years to come.

Well maybe this time Greece will slowly develop different ways to change the habits and lifestyle of many Greeks living the American Dream Bubble. This could be the real make ir or break it time for Greece. It has three years to pull its socks up and hopefully get the unsustainable debt restructured and under control. This debt is like a tumor growing and destroying everyone. I hope now Greeks in general will be motivated to become a nation of savers and also start rebuilding the country instead of taking all the money out. The big sharks took out 250 billion Euros over the last few years instead of investing that in their Country..These peeps should be put on trial for killing Greece.

Do you really think that people who have undergone three weeks of capital controls will now want to save their money? If/when it comes to my country I know I wouldn't trust the banks again.
legendary
July 16, 2015, 04:41:36 AM

Well maybe this time Greece will slowly develop different ways to change the habits and lifestyle of many Greeks living the American Dream Bubble.

It is the only way to go ahead. The Greeks one day will wake up from their "dream" and will face their reality. Not giving the faults to the others. Sooner is better.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
July 16, 2015, 04:35:33 AM

legendary
July 16, 2015, 04:34:00 AM

Show me a country that hasn't had continuous debts.

The problem is not the continuous debt but its sustainability. This is the difference between the Greek debit and the other countries debt. The Greek debit, as it is, it is unsustainable. And without restructuraction will cause the Greexit.
July 16, 2015, 04:28:11 AM

Show me a country that hasn't had continuous debts.
legendary
July 16, 2015, 03:55:41 AM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 16, 2015, 03:49:40 AM

Activity: 56
July 15, 2015, 07:05:30 PM
Greece should accept they are in bankruptcy no?
July 15, 2015, 07:02:48 PM
If greece defaults then bitcoin will be able to save them
July 15, 2015, 06:36:14 PM

Have you not been watching the live stream? The opposition leader says they will vote to take the EU deal.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
July 15, 2015, 06:21:30 PM
July 15, 2015, 05:59:51 PM
The won't be happening greece will nor default
Activity: 462
July 15, 2015, 03:34:26 PM
I think that media is doing Greece a favor actually. Why? because people is going to react and work on ways for paying the debt, they will have to fix it one way or the other. It means they have to change a lot of things, not only in the government, but everyone has to change, from lazy couch potatoes to smart hard workers. In my country we had total economic devastation during the 1990s, the government made radical decisions and everyone had to work hard to restore the economy, we used to owe 30k million US$, 20 years after we now lend money to poor countries. A miracle called Peru!

In short, just let it go as deep as Greece people need to realize that the solution requires of everyone participation.

So your country used to owe  $30 Billion dollars, Then greeks are on worst situation because agree withThe International Monetary Fund  Greece will need a debt relief and new loans by 85 billion euros (95 billion dollars) until 2018 due to the deterioration of the situation since the end of its banks on June 29.Greece and its creditors reached an agreement rescue but certainly forces to the country to undertake painful: spending cuts and economic reforms, but well , after all , They can continue using the euro as their currency.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 15, 2015, 03:20:21 PM
Let's be honest. Why would Eurozone still stay in touch with Greece even when they know Greece is just sucking the money out of them and hanging on them like a parasite? Because they all know how important Greece's presence is, how there's gonna be proper collateral damage when Greece exits and they all want to either work on the collateral damage or just try to avoid it for now. Those grown men aren't that stupid.

If you read the treaties on the eurozone there is a section it clearly says no country can kick any other country outside the euro, so what they are doing at this point is pushing them as much as possible so they leave by themselves (this is accepted) .

For the moment no Grexit... But how time this will last??? The Greek debit is unsustainable.

they have already deccided they are covering their ass now, for 3 years, tsipras said that they will abolish the baby pensions, which are for those that retire very early from their work

let's if they can keep their promise...
Pages:
Jump to: