Pages:
Author

Topic: If Greece defaults - page 9. (Read 45224 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 06, 2015, 02:12:08 PM
Tsipras is still playing his same game. His premise is that the EU/IMF will ultimately agree to anything to keep Greece in the euro. Everything he is doing is designed to "bring them to their senses." I suspected that everyone except the die-hard Greek communists have had enough of him, but with the 60% majority for oxi I guess he is still a strong leader, the question is for how long.
This drama is plagued with uncertainty. EU vs Tsipras. Tsipras' leaked letter kind of weakens his hand I think. I also believe that Tsipras is not uncorruptable. The question for me is how long will the Greek people forgo capital controls and will they suffer empty supermarket shelves.
July 06, 2015, 01:40:12 PM

It's pretty granted now we'll break 300 this month. Good times ahead.

It isn't guaranteed, but go ahead and place your bet.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
July 06, 2015, 09:09:51 AM

Broke $275 Grally !!!

I just looked some minutes ago and it was 274, now it's 276.1 (source preev.com)

It's pretty granted now we'll break 300 this month. Good times ahead.
Activity: 381
Merit: 255
July 06, 2015, 04:55:52 AM
This is going to go even more crazy very soon.

The Greek's have to pay the following now:

Treasury bill holders   July 10, 2015   €2,000,000,000   Short-term treasury bills

IMF   July 13, 2015   €455,803,443   Loan under the IMF's first bailout program for Greece, in 2010.*

Treasury bill holders   July 17, 2015   €1,000,000,000   Short-term treasury bills

ECB   July 20, 2015   €2,095,880,000   Bonds held by ECB exempted from the 2012 default

ECB   July 20, 2015   €1,360,500,000   Bonds held by national central banks exempted from the 2012 default

EIB   July 20, 2015   €25,000,000   Bonds held by the European Investment Bank; exempted from the 2012 default

In July ALONE, this month, more than FIVE BILLION EURO needs to be repaid to different institutions. One of which is IMF again that they already defaulted on. Basically on the 20th this month (July), the amount to pay back is huge, and affects everything from ECB to bond holders at the EIB. Two more weeks to find a resolution or we will see a systematic default compounding.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
July 06, 2015, 01:45:37 AM
The future to hook up generations of Greeks from their birth to their death to debt slavery is not a very bright future..Greeks should really put on their thinking caps, roll up their sleeves to work hard to create their OWN solution to this complex problem. This is an ethical, political and economic crisis that if sorted out with a new solution could be a paradigm shift for the rest of the world to follow.

I agree. The Greeks should think for the long-term solution. Voting YES will give them only a temporary reprieve. Voting NO is the way to move forward. There will be some initial hardships, but the Greeks will survive the doldrums, and within a few years, the Greek economy will stabilize again. On the other hand, voting YES means 50 more years of slavery. Vote NO! Say NO to the troika slavery! Remember the battle of Thermopylae!

People of Greece have spoken: "NO" is the answer
you can check the results live here (from Ministry of Interior - Referendym Results)

http://ekloges.ypes.gr/current/e/public/index.html?lang=en&fullsite=1#{"cls":"main","params":{}}
Either way they are screwed for the medium term at minimum. The best they can hope for is at least give themselves the chance to start rebuilding

Well at least the poor and destitute feel they have a say in their future which is some glimmer of hope to a battered People.. Over 10k suicides from 2008 is an alarming figure to contend with so now the Government and People have a huge responsibility to rebuild the country..It can't be done form the Govt alone, the people also have to get their act straight, be loyal to the country, pay their taxes..those that can afford..and help to grow a healthy and vibrant economy again not built on loans and borrowed money but with the sweat and toil of the people and sound fiscal policy of the govt.
Activity: 378
July 05, 2015, 07:12:11 PM
The future to hook up generations of Greeks from their birth to their death to debt slavery is not a very bright future..Greeks should really put on their thinking caps, roll up their sleeves to work hard to create their OWN solution to this complex problem. This is an ethical, political and economic crisis that if sorted out with a new solution could be a paradigm shift for the rest of the world to follow.

I agree. The Greeks should think for the long-term solution. Voting YES will give them only a temporary reprieve. Voting NO is the way to move forward. There will be some initial hardships, but the Greeks will survive the doldrums, and within a few years, the Greek economy will stabilize again. On the other hand, voting YES means 50 more years of slavery. Vote NO! Say NO to the troika slavery! Remember the battle of Thermopylae!

you can check the results live here (from Ministry of Interior - Referendym Results)

http://ekloges.ypes.gr/current/e/public/index.html?lang=en&fullsite=1#{"cls":"main","params":{}}
Either way they are screwed for the medium term at minimum. The best they can hope for is at least give themselves the chance to start rebuilding
legendary
July 05, 2015, 05:36:08 PM

Broke $275 Grally !!!
I been watching the exit polls all evening..BRAVO TO MY GREEK FRIENDS across the sea..THE BIG OXI..We said it again..We said it in 1940 and we said it in 2015!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049
July 05, 2015, 05:29:23 PM

Broke $275 Grally !!!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2015, 01:29:59 PM

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
July 05, 2015, 11:43:00 AM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 05, 2015, 11:06:18 AM
One of the 4 major banks will be out of cash within hours.

how do you know that, source? are you a greece's citizen?

Even with all those withdrawal restrictions, banks are running out of cash?

well he said only 1 of it, it could be that many are proceeding a withdrawal anyway, even with that restriction, so 60 euro may be a lower amount, but if it multiplied for 1M people, it isn't anymore
legendary
Activity: 1232
July 05, 2015, 11:03:26 AM

Even with all those withdrawal restrictions, banks are running out of cash?
legendary
Activity: 910
July 05, 2015, 10:33:44 AM
legendary
July 05, 2015, 10:18:18 AM
Older Greeks will remember that. In the old days, before the Euro, every year, the BS drachma was losing 10% of its a value towards towards the mighty Deutschmark. The Euro was a huge chance for Greece, without it would have ended up like Zimbabwe. This is what's going to happen anyway. The Euro was a just a break from Greece's normal history.

The Greeks still have a chance to express their view in the referendum tomorrow.
Right now, it seems too close to call whether they will say yes or no.

I think they will say NO, its obvious the the YES camp is only paid shills and "connected" people.

I`m not saying that no austerity is fair, but atleast they will have a future.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
July 05, 2015, 09:06:55 AM
I think they will say NO, its obvious the the YES camp is only paid shills and "connected" people.

The YES camp is composed of all the mainstream parties (especially the PASOK and the New Democracy), who created this problem in the first place. These shameless people want the ordinary Greeks to suffer even more. If I was in the place of Tsipiras, I would confiscate all the assets belonging to these corrupt goons (Antonis Samaras, George Papandreou.etc) and distribute them among the poor Greeks.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
July 05, 2015, 08:58:41 AM
Older Greeks will remember that. In the old days, before the Euro, every year, the BS drachma was losing 10% of its a value towards towards the mighty Deutschmark. The Euro was a huge chance for Greece, without it would have ended up like Zimbabwe. This is what's going to happen anyway. The Euro was a just a break from Greece's normal history.

The Greeks still have a chance to express their view in the referendum tomorrow.

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
July 04, 2015, 08:20:33 AM
The banks consider to keep 30% of all Greek account balances over $8,000 for hair-cut . This is much less then the $100k for Cryprus hair-cut in 2013.  Roll Eyes

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/9963b74c-219c-11e5-aa5a-398b2169cf79.html
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
July 04, 2015, 06:56:36 AM
In my view, Greece has technically defaulted by applying for an extension. Greece's economic reforms aren't very effective but I believe Greece will not default. They will repay however much they had and apply for another extension or issue new loans for the remaining debt. Eurozone will be lenient on them to avoid calamity. Bitcoin is not going to be a safe heaven for the Greeks. They already hold Euros and it is still a stable currency compared to Bitcoin.

They have already stopped paying the debts and still on look out to fill the deficit of 2.2billion and it can take them as much as 42 years to pay back that amount. Europe will undoubtedly be affected and may pull out the from assisting in emergency situations. That would be bad news on the global front.
legendary
Activity: 1134
July 04, 2015, 06:07:10 AM

I don't think that they will be so courageous to say "yes".

I think it is more courageous to say no.
No = to defy
Yes = to submit

At least in the minds of most. A no vote is still a submission to tsipras.

The no doesn't lead to any part. The problems will be greater and the solution will not arrive. With yes there were be problems (big problems) but there must be solutions. Europeans and IMF will not leave that the Greeks die or go under a certain level.
July 04, 2015, 06:02:27 AM

I don't think that they will be so courageous to say "yes".

I think it is more courageous to say no.
No = to defy
Yes = to submit

At least in the minds of most. A no vote is still a submission to tsipras.
Pages:
Jump to: