Pages:
Author

Topic: If I bought all my alt coins near their January ATH... - page 3. (Read 225 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 262
it's crypto.  Never.  or tomorrow.

Start researching market cap and how much it would have to be to see gains on your coins.  
Look at the circulating supply and total supply of coins.

When bitcoin was closing in on $20k,  the market cap was less than it was in January 5th or 6th when all the altcoins started spiking.    Think of it like a tsunami wave.  All this pent up money flooded the altcoin market, then backed out to the top coins, and then left the market altogether.  

So, if you are in it for the long term and really believe in it.  Put them in a wallet and forget about them and come back in a few years.  Maybe buy in a new position much lower.  

Consider it a very expensive lesson learned.  I've had a few too.
Exactly this ^^
Too maximize gains in this market you need to look at the bitcoin dominance cycle, it's even more important than what coin you buy. People ask me how I continue to increase my holdings and when I tell them they just don't listen lol. Its amazing what you learn when your in this market for a few years.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
it's crypto.  Never.  or tomorrow.

Start researching market cap and how much it would have to be to see gains on your coins.  
Look at the circulating supply and total supply of coins.

When bitcoin was closing in on $20k,  the market cap was less than it was in January 5th or 6th when all the altcoins started spiking.    Think of it like a tsunami wave.  All this pent up money flooded the altcoin market, then backed out to the top coins, and then left the market altogether.  

So, if you are in it for the long term and really believe in it.  Put them in a wallet and forget about them and come back in a few years.  Maybe buy in a new position much lower.  

Consider it a very expensive lesson learned.  I've had a few too.
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
I bet most new comers bought right at the peak, most people have to learn the hard way but if you stick it out you will recover your losses eventually. it should bounce back by summer maybe sooner, you just never know.
Activity: 41
Merit: 4
How long do you think I would have to wait until I break even or see profits? I bought nearly all my coins near ATH, unfortunately.  Embarrassed

For example - I bought NEBL when it was trading at around $48. It is now $14.04. I bought SUB when it was trading at around $3.25. It is now $0.54. Bought DRGN when it was trading around $5! It's now $1.41. Everytime I see portfolio, I really wonder how much longer time it will take for me to at least break even or see some green. Sometimes, I get worried they will never recover. Should I be worried? Realistically, how long do you think I might have to wait to see some turnaround? Thanks  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: