Pages:
Author

Topic: If tax calculators are to believed, staying in the UK means getting robbed - page 3. (Read 3316 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
The UK is a mess with political and economic corruption, biggest criminals and gangsters running the show. Get out while you still can, the island is sinking.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
Breizh Atao
Middle class means easily taxed and robbed, lower class is thank you and keep being there, Upper class is can we have a dinner with you and pay for it. The more you have, as in money, the more you get and the less you spend. It is capitalism and the UK is in it. UK is in my opinion a shit country if you are honest and middle class.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Mark Zuckerberg shorting on his own stock because he knew the price would fall and netting himself some ridiculous profit

Isn't this called insider trading? Thought that was illegal.

No idea, he did do it though, so he must have found some sort of loophole to exploit.

Getting robbed, with no means of defense, or revolution.

Going by the maths I've seen it is much worse being middle class than poor or rich here because there's that much income taken off you every time you earn that much you end up going in the poor category anyway, that's sort of my point I guess, I'm just staggered at how bad it is when I see the actual maths and I'm just going by estimates really too, the worse part is a lot of western countries are like this.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Getting robbed, with no means of defense, or revolution.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Mark Zuckerberg shorting on his own stock because he knew the price would fall and netting himself some ridiculous profit

Isn't this called insider trading? Thought that was illegal.
legendary
Activity: 1540
This country and most 'civilised' countries just keep managing to find new ways to piss me off. I was doing some poking around as you do when you have hopes and dreams and for shits and giggles I've been looking at the tax calculators out there as well as trying to find information on the actual percentages and whatnot on income ( which predictably seems to be pretty difficult ) and if all this data is to believed not only is our economics situation ridiculous but the middle class in particular get robbed for just about everything they have.

Here's what I've found so far, I'd be happy to talk to other UK about this and see if it confirms my suspicions.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/it.htm

According to the UK government and anybody who supports taxation of the rich it seems to me that the 'rich' are people with middle class incomes who have a huge chunk of their money taken from them and then the people who are actually wealthy barely feel a thing because of the amount of money that's going to be coming in for them each year and all the investment choices they can make even if they paid honestly without using any loopholes.

Don't these fuckers know anything about percentages? If it is 40% that's going to be taking out a lot more from someone who's earning say £100,000 - £300,000 than somebody who earns £600,000 - £1,000,000 a year and can increase that amount practically any time they like especially if they take advantage of speculation and know how to do it. My favourite example of this little trick is when there was an article I saw about Mark Zuckerberg shorting on his own stock because he knew the price would fall and netting himself some ridiculous profit.

Seriously, help me out with the maths here guys, I really wish and hope I'm wrong about the middle class getting screwed, thank Satoshi for Bitcoin otherwise I would have no savings if I somehow managed to get past the £100,000 mark because that seems to be the moment when everything goes to hell for somebody who's trying to climb the ladder. I'm not surprised people who get success just leave the UK and go to the Caribbean somewhere because the tax rates here look ridiculous.
Pages:
Jump to: