Pages:
Author

Topic: If the Bitcoin Bubble pops, will altcoins go bust too? - page 5. (Read 1112 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
★SportyCo★ decentralized sports invest
anytime bitcoin goes down other altcoins usually follow. it think that if bitcoin dies people that knew only bitcoins and not many other altcoins will lose intrest but on the other side people that know what they are doing might still have some hope for other altcoins. but the death of bitcoin would definitley cause a big panic on the market for a while.
Activity: 322
Merit: 179
Yes, altcoin will be affected. When Bitcoin price dipped, altcoin price dip even more. Most likely, the altcoin are dumped for cheaper Bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
I believe even if it pops, then it won't be destroyed fully, it'll turn into a new form: maybe new level of cryptocurrency or a radically different thing based on the ideas of crypto knowledge.
I'm strongly doubt if cryptocurrency pops it'll be fully eliminated from our life. It's like with an internet: even (that's fantastic but ...) if we destroy an internet we'll surelly create something like the internet or something based on the internet ideas.
Activity: 647
Merit: 260
Maybe some alts will fall with bitcoin, but I think the most are going to rise up in the BTC value.. Ethereum is already going crazy!
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
I believe it will bring down the whole market at first, the some good projects will come out of the storm stronger the way Amazon and Google did, all these specualtive trading will then end and price will only be based on sound fundamentals
Activity: 265
Merit: 14
Nina
Some altcoins may be able to offer something else that Bitcoin does not. In other words, altcoins possess much of the same applicability of Bitcoin but many offer something else as well. Some of them are faster, some are more anonymous, some provide better investment options, some are more volatile and thus are more advantageous in terms of trading. So bitcoin is areference for all the others altcoins when we still can't cash out funds but with bitcoin to fiat and vice versa. Your opinion should be correct only when considering bitcoin as a bubble which is not true regards the actual growth of the crypto market.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Distributed Credit Chain
If bitcoin crashes, then it means a bear market, and all of altcoin will fall, which is my personal opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007
Or will they feed off of Bitcoin's carcass and take off?

In most cases the Bitcoin dump usually effects Altcoins too, most Altcoins take a dip too.
But there are a few coins that don't really feel the effect of a Bitcoin - or generally speaking a market dip
It depends on some alts use or applications some were good to be hold yet at this moment and soke since their price increases in a bit or greater than their ICO amount, btc price may affect them a little but more often it's not, unless they ised alt to buy more btc.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
DIW - Decentralized Security

In most cases the Bitcoin dump usually effects Altcoins too, most Altcoins take a dip too.
But there are a few coins that don't really feel the effect of a Bitcoin - or generally speaking a market dip
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
If Bitcoin bubble pops alts will sink together with it in usd terms but the strongest ones, such as Monero, Litecoins, Ethereum and some others will rise in terms of BTC.
Do you think bitcoin is a bubble? I totally deny it that bitcoin is a bubble. People for their personal interest call bitcoin a bubble a scam or fraud, just because they want manipulation it's market and compel others to invest in altcoin. Everyone knows there are potential alts beside bitcoin but their pricing chart depends on the chart of bitcoin price.
Activity: 490
Merit: 28
During these years of trading I've seen this pattern (usually it works like it)

BTC goes down -> Suddenly Alts follows BTC movements (both in terms of Satoshi and USD) -> As soon as BTC price stabilize to a new support -> Alts recover a bit in terms of Satoshi and USD

B
when BTC goes down there is a posibilities that there is a chain effect to altcoins what I have seen as of today all altcoins is dependent to BTC hopefully that in the near future there is fair competitions so that all crypto currency will have an independent to BTC.
Activity: 502
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
During these years of trading I've seen this pattern (usually it works like it)

BTC goes down -> Suddenly Alts follows BTC movements (both in terms of Satoshi and USD) -> As soon as BTC price stabilize to a new support -> Alts recover a bit in terms of Satoshi and USD.

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
If Bitcoin bubble pops alts will sink together with it in usd terms but the strongest ones, such as Monero, Litecoins, Ethereum and some others will rise in terms of BTC.
Activity: 182
Merit: 106
When bitcoin goes up alts usually go down, when bitcoin goes down then alts usually go down. I think the only time its really good for alts is when bitcoin either rises moderately or stays sideways for a long time. So yes if bitcoin crashes and goes into bear mode then its also game over for alts.
Activity: 304
Merit: 105
Most altcoins might be affected but some will get back to their feet asap

If Bitcoin gets rekt, alts won't be back to their feet asap. They will have to cling on dearly to their little lives supported by the most hardcore of believers at severely depressed levels. We're talking post DAO ETH depressed levels.
Mr
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
of course. Bitcoin is the leader right now. Everything is following bitcoin. MOst of the coins on the market are green. Therefore, if bitcoin drop, everything will go down. And I can ensure with you that in the near future, we will have a big dump which can destroy the whole market
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Im interested in buying some alts, but i guess the right time isnt yet? When should we see a correction?
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Soon begin a series of December forks of bitcoin .... I think that there will again be a drop in prices for altcoins. Who comes up with all these forks ?! Cry
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding
Most altcoins might be affected but some will get back to their feet asap
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

Its hard to say what could happen in a case like that. There may be a long period of mistrust in all the crypto world.
Pages:
Jump to: