Pages:
Author

Topic: If the powerful governments wanted to, do you think they could stop Bitcoin? - page 8. (Read 4846 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 100
 i dont think so to stop bitcoin but in the other side is it posible. like a government of north korea we all know that their government is very strict in many aspects in their beloved country if people their use bitcoin and the government wanted to stop all of them, then the bitcoin is easily stop on them.
Activity: 357
Merit: 10
Well if you saying goverments they can stop bitcoins of course but do you think no one will continue to work on this and no one will continue to support this? of course this coins has change a lot of people lives and i think those people will protect and and to support bitcoins to those powerful goverments who wants to take down this bitcoins. Thats the disadvantage of the world even we have a goverment somebody will not follow the rules of the country because of what? to change his/her life because we know we are not doing anything wrong to other people and we know that we are not doing anything bad or hurting anyone just to earn this coin so i think thats the power of people of some nations that even powerful goverments cannot do anything to it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
This is something which I've beleived for awhile, which is the prospect that if big governments and banks worked heavily together they'd be able to remove Bitcoin from the face of the earth. They wouldn't ban it, as that would be a tough thing to swallow for the American people as they wouldn't see a good reason to do that ( at least in my mind here) But they could just go ahead and regulate Bitcoin into oblivion, making it hard for Bitcoin businesses (buying and selling, trading, etc) to operate within their countries, or be subject to insane taxes, KYC AML and such.

Do you think Governments could kill Bitcoin?
This is really a funny serious question , Here this is the truth that bitcoin can never be stop by any country because the truth behind is that they can make some rules to use or not to use the bitcoin ( regualtion or ban ) but they can't stop people to use internet for the bitcoin use purpose , Because in the current time many VPN services are available to use and in that way people will forcely use bitcoin to make profit , so here no chance for the any government to ban the bitcoin . And also another factor to stop the bitcoin is not possible because no one don't knows that from where it is operating and how the system is maintained by the team of the bitcoin and who is the owner behind the bitcoin ownership and also the security of the bitcoin is like totally unhackable , so no chance to stop the Network of the bitcoin .
Activity: 639
Merit: 251
They can't stop it, they only could make the developing of it slower by some regulations in law which won't make everybody stop investing in it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 267
To kill a thing you have to know its central and whereas btc don`t have a central it is not logical to say they would kill it. But if they put high taxes on it and if some other governments adopt it they will face so difficulties.
If bitcoin will be taxed, it means the transaction fees will be double its price. If the government does thess act, not all users can afford expensive transaction fees. As of today they already complain about the high fees bitcoin  currently have
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
This is something which I've beleived for awhile, which is the prospect that if big governments and banks worked heavily together they'd be able to remove Bitcoin from the face of the earth. They wouldn't ban it, as that would be a tough thing to swallow for the American people as they wouldn't see a good reason to do that ( at least in my mind here) But they could just go ahead and regulate Bitcoin into oblivion, making it hard for Bitcoin businesses (buying and selling, trading, etc) to operate within their countries, or be subject to insane taxes, KYC AML and such.

Of course they can.  We should abide by what our government say.  So if they want bitcoin to stop, then we should stop.  For sure they have better plans and maybe they know the reason why they asked to stop it.  But since bitcoin is successful and legalised in some part of the world, it cannot be stop.
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
the government can stop bitcoin as they have an unlimited source that they can use but I am not sure that people which using bitcoin will be stopped too because I think they will find another way to keep connected with bitcoin. and I don't think that the government will stop bitcoin because maybe they are learning bitcoin with secretly and they don't want the public to know about this. and if they think that they can find a gap to control bitcoin, I guess they can use this way to stop and trying to control bitcoin.
Activity: 224

This can not happen because they know very well most of the business are now accepting the bitcoin as primary currency to transact because it easy to use and there is good population who is using it. If they fail the bitcoin then they will fail there people and no government would want to take the risk of putting themselves into position where their political career might just get ruined.

The things could be messy in that way. So I don't think that they have any good reason to shut it down. Also they will benefit in the future by implementing their own services by using the bitcoin as mode of payment and thus they will get more attention of people and wow everybody is happy now. So this is how it will work in the future.
Activity: 184
Merit: 0
A powerful government can ban bitcoin in their country. For example the USA, if the USA ban bitcoin it could make other countries ban the bitcoin also. Since the othet countries adapt the american system. They possibly spread the ban in the world since they are the greatest country.
It seems like joke because if some countries and banks want to remove bitcoin from earth so n other hand some countries are trying to accept bitcoin and some of them make bitcoin legal and recently bitcoin is arrived to many big countries because they need and they support as well so I think it’s very hard for them to do so because bitcoin is now such fast growing economy in market and it will not allow anyone to stop it.
Activity: 112
In reality, many powerful government and small government also have done many thing to stop bitcoin as banning, propaganda wrong information or execution for bitcoin owner. For example, China, big country really hate bitcoin, do all they can do to stop it but it seems law can not against bitcoin miners. The only way make bitcoin be stopped and dead is losing trust, when nobody use, believe and invest in bitcoin, this is the time bitcoin stop and retire. Therefore, you can see the strong of citizen, government can't control all thing they want, citizen always above the law.
Activity: 448
I think that if the government needs to kill bitcoin, and they take it seriously, they will succeed
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
I don't think so, i think they cannot trace the transaction anymore. So it they will stop using bitcoin, how will they do it.
although they have the power and resoruces to do so, but i am sure that they will not do so, because they are also thinking about the legalization of bitcoin. In fact people are interested to in purchase bitcoin even in such a high price, they are confident about bitcoin that bitcoin has a good future therefore they want to invest more andmroe money in bitcoin and that is the reason that government are not going to bane bitcoin.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
To kill a thing you have to know its central and whereas btc don`t have a central it is not logical to say they would kill it. But if they put high taxes on it and if some other governments adopt it they will face so difficulties.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
if the government is really that powerful maybe .just maybe . cause bitcoin only works thru internet plus we all know nowadays that theres a lot of people who knows how internet works.if they cant stop it in legal ways like make bitcoin coin illegal day can always hack all the accounts from bitcoin to atleast damage all the networks of bitcoin..
They don’t need to sit their ass down and stress themselves hacking accounts on bitcoin which is up to millions. There is already quantum computers, and they can use it to destroy every Bitcoin by simply using the addresses, and puff! Your money is gone. The government is interested in Bitcoin as for now, and they are making profit from it, so they don’t want it to end right now. If they want to end it, it will be when they realize that lots of people are losing money in it, then they will find a way to end it.
As far as we know quantum computers cannot do that, now maybe they have secret technology that can do that but at the same time the are already algorithms that are resistant to quantum computers, never forget that it is always going to be easier to defend from attacks than it is to attack, at some point our encryption technology will be so powerful there is not going to be a way to ever decrypt it.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

Government cannot do nothing about bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized and no one can stop it aside from internet. Internet is the heart of bitcoin, without this bitcoin is useless. But, we also know that no one owns internet and even government can't stop it. They might shutdown in but they cannot do it worldwide because we are now in modern world and internet is the first part of it.
Certainly, without the internet, bitcoin is totally useless. Secondly, we are in control now and anyone can decide to place the value they want on their currency as long as they want it rather than being enslaved by the government and then they end up throwing inflation bullshit at us based on their control at the detriment of the masses.

Their time is over mate and bitcoin being a global decentralized currency, there is nothing they can do about it. Like a friend of mine always says, Bitcoin is a currency by the people, to the people and for the people.
Activity: 130
I don't think so, i think they cannot trace the transaction anymore. So it they will stop using bitcoin, how will they do it.
They can see the transaction but they can't 100% know who made that transaction , that 's the most amazing feature made bitcoin can not being under control of goverment.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the
I think no..because many people depending on Bitcoin because Bitcoin changes many lives..especially unemployed,less fortunate etc..
Activity: 387
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
A powerful government can ban bitcoin in their country. For example the USA, if the USA ban bitcoin it could make other countries ban the bitcoin also. Since the othet countries adapt the american system. They possibly spread the ban in the world since they are the greatest country.
I think a power full government does not stop bitcoin as a recent example of China they banned Bitcoin in their country but people use it. In other If they opposed bitcoin they will create some issue such as bane on bitcoin exchange but for life time they can’t stop it now of its popularity and the people interest of worldwide.
I agree, government cannot stop bitcoin only by ban bitcoin. They have to stop the all miners who process the bitcoin transactions, and it's hard to do. The decentralized system is very good in this case.

That's going to be quite a crackdown if governments seriously want to do it but they can. Of course governments have all the means to completey illegalize and supress bitcoin if they want to even though it may be quite umpopular to the people.
Of course we see that when some country ban bitcoin then the price of bitcoin decreases so means that bitcoin gets effected by rejection, and when a powerful government try to ban bitcoin then I think bitcoin will lose a lot and possibility to have bright future decreases and weak.
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
Yes I think this is possible, if powerfull government want to stop bitcoin popularity because they have the courage to stop everything they want like they can stop bitcoin by ordering that to their neighboring countries to do not invest and I know they will do like that, but Also we know that bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency and have the power to spread out over the world without any hesitation.
Pages:
Jump to: