Pages:
Author

Topic: If They Solve the BTC Scaling Problem (Soon and Correctly), How High Do We Go? - page 2. (Read 1258 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
if segwit activates this year without a hard fork and no hard fork takes place this year at all, bitcoin goes to 15-30k before the end of december. if chain splits happen due to hard forks, expect 1k bitcoin or less total between the resulting alt coins. sub 1k wont be out the question. it will be possible all confidence will be lost in bitcoin at this point and blood may be in the streets. a chain split should be avoided at all costs, too bad some miners dont seem to care.
Activity: 968
Merit: 250
ill take a number 4 easily,  nothing has gone right this year  other than the price, imagine if something did go right, and if that something is scaling solved, theres alot of folks mainly shitcoiners think btc will never scale ever, upgrading will change the market sentimentals towards btc greatly not only that it will prove to ourselves we can level up and gives up selfconfidence.  if we level up we are going past 10k some pt next year.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Block size is not an issue, stop spreading FUD.

I think the term inconvenience is more appropriate?

OP -- since the target is primarily aimed at this year, I think point 3 is what I believe to be close to a real SegWit activation scenario. I think the chances are definitely there for point 4, but I prefer to remain somewhat conservative with my prediction. Everything that the market manages to gain above the $4000 level will be seen as a more than welcome bonus for me.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

I don't know how to make a poll here, but should we get a "good solution" (for example, the SegWit w/ 2MB blocks might be "good"), how high would BTC price get to this year?  Seems to me that a good & solid solution would invite much greater demand among those afraid to take the leap into a crypto now in civil war...

So, what do you think?  December 31, 2017 closing price:

1)  Less than $1500 (say some other kind of failure or Black Swan event)
2)  $1500 - $2500
3)  $2500 - $4000
4)  $4000 - $6000 +

I have a pony in this race, but tell us your guesses!

Just imagined with the current block size, bitcoin price reached it's tremendously considered as high price and adoptions are taking place anywhere in the world, so how much more if the block size issues resolved. Meaning even with slow confimation time and miners fee up to $2, majority are still here supporting bitcoin compare to any cryptos.

My respond would be the last option which is $4,000+ or a price that we can't never imagined.
legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
Block size is not an issue, stop spreading FUD.
Activity: 741
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
to infinity and beyond

There is no limit in price, since the supply is limited but the demand is not
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I am confidently believing in the price to eat through the $3000 mark easily in case we more or less remain hovering around current prices.

Top, it's difficult to predict something from which I already know that there will be loads of panic buying happening at that time.

In order to remain relatively on the safe side, I would say that the top will be under $6000, but over $4000 ~ so I am going with option 4.

Obviously, that's when things go smooth and no chain split gets initiated due to a failed fork.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 622
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
I'll number 3 i think around $2,500-$4,000 possible can be happen in this year. which is every near december we are seeing large pump happen in this month the same as last year 2015 and 2016 base on my own speculation.
But i am afraid of the news about exchange site where every year we are heard some news like MT.gox and other trading site was hacked before that can affect the value of bitcoin and people will panic sell if they heard that news again..
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
I think the price could hit 5k-6k by end of this year if we can find any solution for the bitcoin block size.I have less technical idea about blockchain but it seems if we can create some space for the new comers that might be interested on doing some small transaction,i think $5k is just a matter of time.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

I don't know how to make a poll here, but should we get a "good solution" (for example, the SegWit w/ 2MB blocks might be "good"), how high would BTC price get to this year?  Seems to me that a good & solid solution would invite much greater demand among those afraid to take the leap into a crypto now in civil war...

So, what do you think?  December 31, 2017 closing price:

1)  Less than $1500 (say some other kind of failure or Black Swan event)
2)  $1500 - $2500
3)  $2500 - $4000
4)  $4000 - $6000 +

I have a pony in this race, but tell us your guesses!
Pages:
Jump to: