Pages:
Author

Topic: If using cryptocurrencies become a crime, will you be a criminal? - page 4. (Read 2871 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
If breathing oxygen becomes a crime, will you be a criminal?

Whatever, stop this stream of utterly useless suggestive bullshit questions please. We've got enough FUD.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Kind of a loaded question, imho I don't think cryptos will be be criminalised as it would be nearly impossible to police and could well drive it's use underground to the crims and criminal organisations (in pretty much the same way the prohibition on drugs created a multi-billion dollar global blackmarket).

In answer to the OP, I'd use it regardless Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Depends on the penalty and risk of getting caught.  

Crimes - society's rules - are very different from personal ethics.  I don't do lots of things that are legal and do a few things that are not, e.g. exceed posted speed limits.  If society's enforcement mechanism catches me then I'm prepared to pay the penalty for my crimes, but personally don't have any concerns over it.

So it will be a similar situation if having bitcoin is a crime.  After all, owning gold was illegal in the USA from ~1933 to 1974.  I'm pretty sure if I had been alive in 1932 I would have rolled the dice on holding on to my gold when FDR demanded I sell it the government for $20.67 an ounce.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
If you use a VPN, who really will check on you? Honestly.
Well the problem is it would scare away the masses and Bitcoin would remain a small niche of people using VPNs and TOR and we don't want that, we want BTC to shine all over the world and be worth a ton per coin.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
If using Cryptocurrency will become a crime then all of us will be in jail so no worries, all people of same interests will be there and time will pass soon.

But that decision will be very rude.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
So If using cryptocurrencies become a crime, will you be a criminal AND use it?

Note: Before you reply remember  CIA/FBI/NSA/South-park/...   Grin
I don't think that cryptocurrencies will become illegal any time soon. There are many businesses who work around cryptocurrencies and this businesses pay taxes, and that is what matters. As long as the government take a piece of the cake it will leave cryptocurrencies alone.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
I don't think that using cryptocurrencies will ever become a crime, especially when all of the banks around the world are hiring blockchain experts and when all of the banks around the world are highly praising the blockchain technology!

So don't worry and enjoy using your cryptos, soon enough everybody will be doing it around you. Just give ut some time! Smiley
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152

By mentioning those agencies I'd say yo uare speaking only about USA , even if those intelligence agencies on the whole world but there isn't much they can do if you are out their country .
Countries cannot agree on one law that make the cryptoo currencies a crime, just impossible but most likely I will keep using it yes .
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hello there!
If you use a VPN, who really will check on you? Honestly.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

Note: Before you reply remember  CIA/FBI/NSA/South-park/...   Grin

if it becomes a crime which is still not a crime and is not going to be. so don't worry too much about it bro.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Legally, you haven't committed a crime unless and until you are convicted in a court of law. 

Any good defense lawyer will be able to explain your side of the story in a way which shows that you were operating within your legal rights, even if the judge eventually disagrees. 
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
If having money becomes a crime, then unfortunately there won't be enough prisons for everyone guilty of committing such a crime.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: