Pages:
Author

Topic: If you could create a new society from the ground up, what would you do? - page 3. (Read 3514 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
1st rule, there are no rules just traditions
2nd rule, see the first rule
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Remove money. Everything is done with a barter system or volunteering for the better of the community. Focus on technological innovation to do two things: automate all mundane jobs to free humanity to be creative, and to advance our space-faring capabilities.

Why the handicap?

Minimal government to ensure people don't go murdering each other etc, otherwise stay out of the way.

When has this ever worked?  Both the part about a government staying minimal, and actually stopping people from murdering each other.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
I want details unless you mean Mars One.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
Remove money. Everything is done with a barter system or volunteering for the better of the community. Focus on technological innovation to do two things: automate all mundane jobs to free humanity to be creative, and to advance our space-faring capabilities. Minimal government to ensure people don't go murdering each other etc, otherwise stay out of the way.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
Just what it says. There's talk that there could be opportunities to build a brand-new society on another world in the near future (I won't go into details here but it looks like it could happen). What would you do if you were basically dumped on another planet with a few of your buddies and told to survive, and you decide that it's a prime opportunity to build a new society?

All laws, taxes and government units would have EXPIRATION DATES. Nothing longer then 10 years. If it is a good law it will be re passed. They would not be done all at once or grouped together either. 

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
make it mandatory for young kids to meditate in school, from a young age. that shit will go a long way in helping people become fully responsible adults. it's been proven to develop certain parts of the brain, such as the part that makes you unfeeling for others (sociopaths).
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Just what it says. There's talk that there could be opportunities to build a brand-new society on another world in the near future (I won't go into details here but it looks like it could happen). What would you do if you were basically dumped on another planet with a few of your buddies and told to survive, and you decide that it's a prime opportunity to build a new society?

I'd make it so that no-one could erect a fence (and claim the space enclosed within for themselves). That would be a good start I reckon. Then we'd all be in it together from the off.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Pages:
Jump to: