Pages:
Author

Topic: If you had to choose one fiat currency to keep your money in... - page 2. (Read 3832 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
Swiss Francs or the Yen

Yen is doomed in short order.  Swissie is pegged to the Euro now.  USD has least chance of hyperinflating over the next 2 years.  After that, not so much.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
I conclude that there is no conclusion.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
HKD or EUR.

EUR because there are some places that offer halfway decent interest rates. Especially in Ukraine which the Euro union isn't going to allow to default  Grin
HKD because its an actually stable currency.

Well HKD is just pegged to the USD is it not?
It is but they have other foreign currency reserves so in case of hyperinflation its marginally better protected. Also, you get marginally better interest rates.

Ah, interesting. Good to know. Seems like a good alternative to USD then.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
HKD or EUR.

EUR because there are some places that offer halfway decent interest rates. Especially in Ukraine which the Euro union isn't going to allow to default  Grin

It is but they have other foreign currency reserves so in case of hyperinflation its marginally better protected. Also, you get marginally better interest rates.
legendary
amarha
HKD or EUR.

Activity: 448
HKD or EUR.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.
The Euro, because it can't go much lower now ... or .. can it?

Depending on what you are comparing it to.

Euro/USD will probably not get any worse, but purchasing power will probably keep dropping unless they fix the fundamental problem.
Activity: 441
The Euro, because it can't go much lower now ... or .. can it?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
Euro is very cheap now. I expect Euro to rise in value when their economy improve in a few years.
It won't. It will keep getting worse.
legendary
amarha
I Choose Singapore Dollar (SGD)
but not so many amount of my wealth in fiat, i prefer invest to gold / property / stock
RMB.

If people argue wider adaptation is why bitcoin value should sky rock, then choosing RMB is a no brainer since all the production are mostly done in China these days.
be careful holding currency from Big industry country
their gov weaken the value of their currency to support product export
check here

SGD is another interesting one. It might be good to hold the currency of a capitalist minded country that doesn't have a reason like exports to drive their currency down.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I Choose Singapore Dollar (SGD)
but not so many amount of my wealth in fiat, i prefer invest to gold / property / stock
RMB.

If people argue wider adaptation is why bitcoin value should sky rock, then choosing RMB is a no brainer since all the production are mostly done in China these days.
be careful holding currency from Big industry country
their gov weaken the value of their currency to support product export
check here
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
CHF or GBP right now I guess. It seems they are most stable.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Knowledge its everything
I think JPY/EUR is good currency at this time  Grin

Gold / BTC is good investament  Cool
Activity: 1092
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
Euro is very cheap now. I expect Euro to rise in value when their economy improve in a few years.

It's not cheap at all, but at an average price for the past couple of years.

ECB will soon start doing QE, while the fed will end it. EUR-USD pair will probably fall to 1.25 soon.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Well, I d rather invest all my fiat currencies in gold
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
which one would you choose and why?

What currency do you think has the best chance of keeping its value over time?

Also, out of the major currencies which one do you think is the worst one to keep your money in?

Canadian dollar stable banking system
Survived the financial crisis and was even expanding its operation.

The worst major currency to keep money in would be the Euro basket due to the problems the EU faces outdoing the American for now.
Activity: 153

Cheap is a relative term. The price is where it is for a reason, mainly because EUROPE as a whole can no longer compete on a global scale.
Activity: 658
Activity: 152
RMB.

Activity: 490
Swiss Francs or the Yen
Pages:
Jump to: