Pages:
Author

Topic: If you had to choose one fiat currency to keep your money in... - page 3. (Read 3832 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Is NOK trusteable these days?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
which one would you choose and why?

What currency do you think has the best chance of keeping its value over time?

Also, out of the major currencies which one do you think is the worst one to keep your money in?

I think the best currency is EURO then dollar.
Those currency has high value & keep increase gradually.

Worst currency is Rupiah...because their currency keep decresing until reach Rp 11.500 / dollar.
Everything are expensive at my country  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
A single currency...

I really don't know, to be honest. I'd say something stable, and it kind of surprises (and doesn't at the same time) that people are putting stuff into the Euro. I'd be iffy with that, as there have been issues that make it look like it could waiver in the near future.

So I'd probably put my money into the Canadian Dollar, because I do live in Canada, but it has been decently stable over the past few years.

To be honest, I don't really do currency investing, but I may if I feel like it's a good idea.

Plus is there is anything like 2008 again, Canada would most likely be one of the most stable ones, as they pretty much cut the national deficit recently, and have good infrastructure in place for exporting more to keep the money circulating.

I don't know a lot about currency investing, so please, don't quote me or treat me like a financial expert. I only really do cryptos or commodities. (Or stocks.)
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
Out of the major ones probably USD if I had to pick.

There's a lot of bullshit going on that the USD is going to die, but I bet it will gain against most other fiat currencies in the next 5 years especially if something similar to 2008 happens again.

Also, a bonus is that there are lot more trading vehicles denominated in USD. It's far more useful than most other fiat currencies.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
Hello,
I am not sure in the euro as a lot of countries which are EU members still do not accept it widely. Nothing stable in the EU and nothing sure for its future. EU right now is like Bitcoin: nobody knows where it is going..In my opinion Bulgarian lev is the currency  Cool
Activity: 563
Merit: 501
S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's
Euro, because I do live in Europe and I am not planning to leave anytime soon.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
If you had to choose one fiat currency to keep your money in...

In the past this was US dollar.
Now, after this global financial crisis it's very hard to tell.
It seems that EURO also have a lot issues recently so I would say Swiss frank at the moment (still showing some stability).
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I think the most stable currency is GBP, the least stable is JPY
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
Kroner. Mainly cause my country (Denmark) is likely to be one of the last to have private funds confiscated, and also because bitcoin gains are taxfree.

The euro gets my vote for worst. No telling what might happen to it.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha

Also, out of the major currencies which one do you think is the worst one to keep your money in?

Not the Euro, not the dollar, not the pound. The Euro has tons of issues.

The swiss franc has been one of the most stable of the fiat currencies.  Although it is probably better to buy hard assets. ;-)

CHF does look quite good actually. Very nice chart the last 5 years. I think that's the front runner so far.
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

Not the Euro, not the dollar, not the pound. The Euro has tons of issues.

The swiss franc has been one of the most stable of the fiat currencies.  Although it is probably better to buy hard assets. ;-)
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
The Euro is where I'd keep it in Fiat.

The Pound and the USD are just so tied into each other, so dependent on the City, and not industry and are so phuqed when it all goes Pete Tong.

The US prints dollars,
sends them to China,
and then China buys England with them.

It will all end in tears.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha

Pages:
Jump to: