Pages:
Author

Topic: If you know for sure that NSA/CIA... are watching bitcointalk.org will U use it! - page 3. (Read 4458 times)

Activity: 722
Merit: 500
In other news, my dear old friend cypherdoc seems to have gone dark, at least here on trolltalk.  Do you suppose he retained the same attorney who provided you with what sounds it was probably sage advice about keeping one's mouth shut?  That's got to be a tough row to hoe for a guy like Dr. Lowelife.
Anyone with an active case will go dark.  I worry about DeathAndTaxes, he has been dark for a long time.

Goats awol too.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
i wonder if u got proofs that NSA/CIA/FBI/Cartoon-networks/... are watching bitcointalk's members will U still use it!

Thank u.
Yes, of course. Everybody can watch any Bitcoin or bitcointalk activity. So that includes the NSA / FBI / Cartoon network. That's fine, Bitcoin is supposed to be transparent. Let them see how great Bitcoin works!
Activity: 91
Merit: 15
i wonder if u got proofs that NSA/CIA/FBI/Cartoon-network/... are watching bitcointalk's members will U use it!

Thank u.

I have always assumed that NSA, CIA, FBI, are watching bitcointalk members.

I still use it, and I'm happy to announce to any of them exactly who I am and where to find me.

Same here buddy I'm not doing anything wrong either same as most on here. I'll make them a nice cup of tea if they knock on my door.

What if bitcoin is wrong and you are supporting it!

Well, your original question was about bitcointalk members being watched by agents of a rather eclectic list of agents, not that Bitcoin was "wrong". Either way, my take is that Bitcoin is an interesting, innovative technology, so it goes without say that it and its community would draw interest. As for your second point, I think most people don't want to be on the wrong side of the law, myself included. I'm not religious or philosophical about cryptos. I would no more risk prison for that than I would for a gizmo such as my cell phone if it were made illegal.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
AFAIK unless Theymos(?) is an agent of nsa or whatever place they don't have access to my email and / or password. besides i will never use my main email in any forum because of the possibility of spam.

You need to do a little research on this topic:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-forum-bitcointalk-org-receives-answers-first-subpoena-doj/

I'm writing just to let you know that I was forced to release your deleted post(s) due to a subpoena by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York

http://bitcoinist.net/bitcointalk-court-ordered-release-butterfly-labs-messages/

This week, Bitcointalk administrator Theymos, contacted every participant in several discussions over the Butterfly Labs case. The reason for this contact was a court decision in which the Bitcointalk admin was forced to reveal information regarding the case.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
i wonder if u got proofs that NSA/CIA/FBI/Cartoon-networks/... are watching bitcointalk's members will U still use it!

Thank u.

i don't see why not!!
since i am not doing any criminal activity and not planning on doing any criminal activity, so i don't care. let them watch me Cheesy

thats the mindset of most people I've talked to about the nsa, "if i'm not doing anything wrong then they can spy on me all they want"

Well, 2 things to consider:  Do you value privacy?  If not, then would you hand over your emails & passwords to complete strangers?  I doubt it.

AFAIK unless Theymos(?) is an agent of nsa or whatever place they don't have access to my email and / or password. besides i will never use my main email in any forum because of the possibility of spam.

Secondly, do you value how your tax dollars are spent?  Do you really like the idea of busting you butt, only to have billions of tax dollars spent to monitor your every waking moment and piece of communication?  I doubt it!

if they are spying on bitcointalk users then it would be US citizens tax dollars not mine Cheesy
legendary

Thank u.

i don't see why not!!
since i am not doing any criminal activity and not planning on doing any criminal activity, so i don't care. let them watch me Cheesy
Did you read anything I have said in this thread?  Or did you just come in here and drop your steaming pile of opinion on us?

Try this one, just one of many I am sure:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/4

I especially like the "as soon as possible" part.  What you took time to get to a safe location first?  GUILTY.

PAY UP or it will be three years for you buddy.
legendary
Someone with less resources, would have had to plead guilty... because they would not have been in a position to pay for expensive respresentation.  
I was arrested in a big inter-agency (HSI, DEA, US Marshals, USPS, BATF, etc.) task force operation called "Operation Avalanche".  Several others were arrested that same weekend.  I believe that all the others arrested either had public defenders or possibly less qualified attorneys.  It is not an "apples to apples comparison because other cases involved drugs - mine did not and other cases involved money laundering - mine did not.  I don't know the current up to date disposition of their cases but here is the status of their cases as of July 15:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11890239

Don't even get me started on the whole public defender thing.  Here is a taste:

Follow the money, who pays them?  
So, who do they actually work for?  
Who are they beholden to?  
Who can or can't they afford to offend?
What is their actual job?  
Hint:  actually defending the accused against the accusation is not it.
Activity: 560

Thank u.

i don't see why not!!

thats the mindset of most people I've talked to about the nsa, "if i'm not doing anything wrong then they can spy on me all they want"

Well, 2 things to consider:  Do you value privacy?  If not, then would you hand over your emails & passwords to complete strangers?  I doubt it.

Secondly, do you value how your tax dollars are spent?  Do you really like the idea of busting you butt, only to have billions of tax dollars spent to monitor your every waking moment and piece of communication?  I doubt it!
legendary
Merit: 1137

Thank u.

i don't see why not!!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
BurtW ....What happened to you and your family is a injustice and should not have happened. It's becoming more clear that you were targeted to make a statement.

Someone with less resources, would have had to plead guilty... because they would not have been in a position to pay for expensive respresentation. I am just saying, not all members are from the USA and

are from other countries, without these US laws. These people should not be targetted by these agencies. It's going to happen and we should not sit back and accept it... if you a law abiding citizen in your

country, they should leave you alone. We live in different coutries with different laws and the USA does not need to regulate the whole world. I feel sorry for the people who has to suffer this kind of injustice, but in

many countries it is even worst.  Sad    
Activity: 560
Is it on the Internet? Then the NSA is watching it.

Or you can just go to meetups and talk in person. Though if there is one guy there that has a really short haircut and is pretty physically fit for a computer geek and seems very interested in getting peoples' personal information...then they're watching that meeting too.

That about sums up the point snowden was trying to get across, they want to at the very least collect EVERYTHING, and store it in one of the new "data centers" being built.  That way anything you have ever said/done can be accessed by the nsa...

And thanks for the tip about how to keep an eye out for shills in person...
legendary
Thanks Burt for warning us to the dangers.  Did they seize bank accounts too?
In my case no.

During their investigation they had asked for and received the last four years of statements from every bank account they could tie to me, my wife and my businesses.  All of this generated hundreds of pages in their evidence file against me.  They went through every transaction in all accounts and pulled out a few transactions they thought interesting as "evidence".

However I am not rich and that shows in my bank account balances they had right there in evidence so they did not think it worth seizing.  What they did assume from my low bank account balances was that "he must have a very large stash of cash and Bitcoins somewhere", hence the tracker on my car (to help them locate my secret stash) and the huge raid on my home and corporate offices to find and seize the assumed millions in Bitcoins and cash.

My daughter laughs about it some saying "they came looking for lots of money and lots of drugs but all they found was lots of my toys"
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
Just keep it legal and they should not need to track you individually. You still have the right to protect your money matters from thiefs... and that is where I draw the line, with whoever is watching.

Would you include the people that extorted Burt in that category?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

What if the Feds then execute said secret sealed search warrant and take all of your cash, bitcoins, computers, all of your personal financial records and all of your corporate financial records and anything else they can get their hands on?  Now, all of the stuff they take is assumed to be guilty of a crime and it is up to you to hire an attorney to prove that your stuff is innocent of any crimes - or they get to keep it all?

Thanks Burt for warning us to the dangers.  Did they seize bank accounts too?
legendary
i have nothing to hide and from my point of view we are not doing nothing bad here, so i fell really safe Smiley
If you doing something illegal, you should be worried... Bitcointalk does not protect your privacy and it's not a platform to commit crimes.... We discuss Bitcoin matters here.
What if there is a law out there, a Federal felony that carries up to five years in Federal prison and a $250,000 fine, that you do not know you are violating?  

What if this law is so esoteric that when you are arrested your top notch $500 per hour Federal criminal attorney has to look it up because he has never heard of it?

What if said law was modified by Marshal Law (the "Patriot" act) to allow Civil Asset Forfeiture to apply in your case.

What if said law is one of the handful of Federal felonies that has no requirement of intent on the part of the defendant?  In other words not intending to break said law is not a defense.

What if you and your family are investigated by Homeland Security for 18 months, whatever "evidence" they collect, concoct, or flat out lie about is taken to a grand jury?  Said testimony is forever sealed so that neither you or your attorney ever get to see it (unless you go to trial) - thus allowing them to concoct or flat out lie with impunity?

As an example what if one of the lead investigators/experts that testifies states that it is his belief that "there are little or no legitimate uses for Bitcoins", hypothetically of course.

What is said secret sealed indictment is then used to generate a secret sealed search warrant for your home and business?

What if the Feds then execute said secret sealed search warrant and take all of your cash, bitcoins, computers, all of your personal financial records and all of your corporate financial records and anything else they can get their hands on?  Now, all of the stuff they take is assumed to be guilty of a crime and it is up to you to hire an attorney to prove that your stuff is innocent of any crimes - or they get to keep it all?

No, I guess you are right, you have nothing to worry about since you have read and fully understand all Federal, State and local laws.  Good for you.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
This is the thing, if you are not a USA citizen.... Why would you want a foreign agency to browse around in your financial matters? Mike Hearn tend to forget that Bitcoin is a global currency, and his backdoors he is

coding into Bitcoin for these USA agencies, are not welcomed by other nations. They chose not to live in a police state for a reason, why would they use a currency if that currency infringe on their foreign interest?

They have no right to spy on people outside of the USA anyway. Once they enter the borders of the USA it's a whole other story. If you lived in the USA and you get spied on by another country, would you mind? 

You know that unless you hide your tracks extremely carefully, everybody has insight in your personal bitcoin wealth? Everything is public and can be tracked..
Yes, that is exactly my point... you do not want the whole world to know your financial wealth. {This include hackers & thiefs etc. etc.}

I do not go into too much detail to hide my real identity, because it's a waste of time. The big brothers of this world have enough tools to follow you on the internet, no matter what you do. {VPN's, Tor etc...}

Just keep it legal and they should not need to track you individually. You still have the right to protect your money matters from thiefs... and that is where I draw the line, with whoever is watching.

This is no different from you trying to do that with your cash or with online transactions you do with other payment options. {PayPal, Credit cards ...}

If you doing something illegal, you should be worried... Bitcointalk does not protect your privacy and it's not a platform to commit crimes.... We discuss Bitcoin matters here.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
/dev/null

Thank u.

you don't need any proof. if you are using "standart" internet without cryptography, tunnels, certificates and proxies, you should behave like "they are watching me right now" all the time, when you are online.

so yes, you can apply this even on this forum..welcome to 2015:(
legendary
Merit: 1007
This is the thing, if you are not a USA citizen.... Why would you want a foreign agency to browse around in your financial matters? Mike Hearn tend to forget that Bitcoin is a global currency, and his backdoors he is

coding into Bitcoin for these USA agencies, are not welcomed by other nations. They chose not to live in a police state for a reason, why would they use a currency if that currency infringe on their foreign interest?

They have no right to spy on people outside of the USA anyway. Once they enter the borders of the USA it's a whole other story. If you lived in the USA and you get spied on by another country, would you mind? 

You know that unless you hide your tracks extremely carefully, everybody has insight in your personal bitcoin wealth? Everything is public and can be tracked..
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
in the end, you only find the beginning

Thank u.

im pretty sure that they have been doing it since long time agoo, dont forget that this is his job, i mean to recover information, but even if they are doing it i will never care, i have nothing to hide and from my point of view we are not doing nothing bad here, so i fell really safe Smiley

They don't have to watch it. They only need to ask theymos for the db or any information they require.

HAHAHA, maybe  Grin

just LOL xD
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
cartoon network O.o why the hell will they will watch me?iss they are going to realize a series on me? well anyways nasa is always watching everyone..but I don't think he has time for watching me doing cheap tricks or helping anyone here on bitcointalk lol
Pages:
Jump to: