Pages:
Author

Topic: Illegal use of Bitcoin affecting its value? - page 8. (Read 7882 times)

Activity: 315
Merit: 103
Cash has illegal use also, don't see its value being affected.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
As the bitcoin economy expands, the use of bitcoins in illegal transactions will cease to be significant (as a proportion of the bitcoin economy). Then its value will not be affected.

In early days, the value of bitcoin increased, due to SR demand for btc.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
You're right, I think it might affect it one day, so far I don't think it has but users who use Bitcoins to buy drugs should understand that they can not get away with it, sooner or later authorities will find out about it and they will get caught. And when it happens, it might affect its value as government will put more restrictions on bitcoins.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
BTC purchased the drugs, weapons, and false documents and money-laundering.
This is exactly what criminals BTC that the value of the . Angry
The BTC prices will not be affected by these factors.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Anyone who thinks BTC is anonymous is plain dull! On the internet nothing is secure! "There's no place you can hid, I'm coming on infra-red!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fISvc-yUU1A
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Illegal use of bitcoin doesn't affect its value imo. it only affects faster adoption rate because of its continued use in fraudulence, scams, and  extortion. In truth, bitcoin's value is backed up by these shady transactions. Criminals tend to use bitcoin as a form of payment because of its anonymity.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Has the use of Bitcoin for illegal things such as purchasing drugs, weapons, fraudulent documents and laundering money effected it value?
I would say that in the early days sites like Silk Road likely has a positive impact on the price of bitcoin. I would say that this site likely cussed a lot of the early demand and press about bitcoin. Today I am not so sure about how these kinds of sites affect bitcoin.
I agree, I think that buyers on illegal drug sites probably were behind a lot of the price appreciation from 2011 up until the bubble of 2013 as it made world headlines that you could buy drugs on the internet using bitcoin as this was when the price really started to rally strongly.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Has the use of Bitcoin for illegal things such as purchasing drugs, weapons, fraudulent documents and laundering money effected it value?
I would say that in the early days sites like Silk Road likely has a positive impact on the price of bitcoin. I would say that this site likely cussed a lot of the early demand and press about bitcoin. Today I am not so sure about how these kinds of sites affect bitcoin.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
EDIT: i IT* may have, but I have no idea if it has been for better or for worse.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Has the use of Bitcoin for illegal things such as purchasing drugs, weapons, fraudulent documents and laundering money effected its value?
Pages:
Jump to: