Pages:
Author

Topic: Im afraid of Hackers/Scammers! - page 5. (Read 648 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 1
February 25, 2018, 12:59:43 PM
Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

you're right to be afraid as it's a real threat. The best option is to purchase hardware wallet like trezor or ledger and store it there, make proper back up. It will never be safe online.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 12:51:12 PM
You should usually keep it off exchange wallets since they may get hacked and lose your money. If you don't own the private keys to your coins, they're essentially not yours.

You definitely should use other wallets for your BTC/alt coins. Consider even buying a hardware wallet such as a Trezor or Ledger Nano seeing as you have 4-5K of crypto.
No one can stay in the position of hackers, even hackers attacking even the police department or the defense department, and I've had pirates attacking the police station and taking over. valuable information, the news has been broadcast to the social network is also very much, now hackers have a lot and very active, so we need to be careful
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
February 25, 2018, 12:35:50 PM
The #1 reason why people say don't store stuff on an exchange wallet is because you are not in control of your seed/key.
Practically speaking though, if you have all of those things enabled, it is highly unlikely that you will get funds stolen even if the website got hacked.
Of course, there could always be an inside job then no matter what you do you will get screwed.

So rather than debate whether you will get hacked or not, why don't you be more practical?
It seems like it is pretty stressful for you to worry about leaving stuff on exchanges, so why not get rid of that worry and move them out?

For me, I always keep a certain amount on an exchange so I can actively trade and take advantage of pumps and what not.
But beyond that set amount, I always move it to my ledger.
You should look into it, they are actually really cheap.
Activity: 630
Merit: 123
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 25, 2018, 12:26:05 PM
Don't be afraid if someone will decide you to make a target you will loose a lot if don't have a special security team. So relax, but use some kind of hard wallet.
Activity: 225
Merit: 103
February 25, 2018, 11:59:53 AM
Withdraw your money from the stock exchange. Well, you what? Money on the stock exchange is not your money. At that moment, money belongs to the exchange. Scammers will hack the exchange = take everything from the stock exchange. They will not even climb into your wallet, scammers do not need it. They will get access through the exchange. Keep your money in your purses. It's much safer.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 09:59:57 AM
this depends on how secure the exchanger you use, but my advice you should move the coin that you have from the exchanger to the private wallet, because there are many large exchangers that successfully hacked by hackers, eg etherdelta who have several times experienced it, and the loss is us the users
I use binance and everything is secured,2fa email,phone nuber etc but i m thinkng seriously  to buy an hardware wallet
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 25, 2018, 05:00:27 AM
Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

it is a good example for us to secure our account with all we can do and I hope that he can also increase his level too to secure his account. I wonder which exchanges that he keep his coins. and if he keeps his coin in poloniex, bittrex, then he is safe and doesn't have to be afraid. but if he still afraid about this, I think he can move his coin to another wallet that could keep many wallets which is a multi wallet that I am afraid that he cannot keep all of his coins because until now, I cannot find a multi wallet that could keep all of the cryptocurrency. maybe he can use two or three a multi wallet to keep all of his coin.
Activity: 166
Merit: 1
February 25, 2018, 02:56:27 AM
We think exchanges are safe because they depend on the safety of their customers.

If you want to save for a long time, you need your personal wallet.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
February 25, 2018, 02:53:49 AM

Exchange wallets are, of course, for the most risky, keep on the hardware wallets for a long time, and you will also win. Well and still no one is immune from hacking, we are responsible for our money and we need to do all kinds of hindrances ourselves for hackers.
Activity: 198
February 25, 2018, 02:48:02 AM

Hack attacks can happen without warning don't put all of your money in to 1 wallet  I would suggest you hardware wallets the best option to put your eggs into 1 basket
Activity: 28
February 25, 2018, 02:39:56 AM
temporary off
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
February 25, 2018, 02:33:47 AM
100% secured with email, long password and activated 2FA, I'm sure hackers can't hack your account but are you sure that exchange wallet 100% secured? it can be hack anytime, I think its better to divide your alts in some secure wallets.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
February 25, 2018, 02:17:32 AM

i think it enough secure because 2fa and number phone is difficult to hack
but my advice is don't put your all coins in one wallet, because if hacker login in your wallet, you will lose all coins
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
February 25, 2018, 02:09:56 AM

In the last line that what you wrote that you have everything in strong way then I don't think that you should take any panic in your mind to have your bitcoin and another crypto in your exchange account .Here my strong recommendation for you is to have antivirus in your pc Because sometimes hackers execute Thier keylogger software with much ease and can hack .
But here even with all type of security you should not think that you are 100% secure always take care that whether anyone trying to reach you or anyone trying to caught your details .
And also I strongly recommend you that don't go for any type of the cloud mining contract platform and investment site for high payout Because those are only scam .
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
February 25, 2018, 02:05:16 AM

I think every person who has large amount of coins in their wallet is afraid of scammers and hackers. But if you securely hide your private keys and doesnt use one password on all your accounts in your wallet, you are safe. There is no need to be paranoid about hackers. Hackers will take too long to know your password or private key.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
February 25, 2018, 02:00:21 AM

Keeping your funds and coins in an exchange wallet too long is not advised. This is okay if you are a day or week trader because money recirculates in your wallet but if you are going to hold your coins for a long time in an exchange wallet, I suggest that you use hardware wallet.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
February 25, 2018, 01:49:35 AM

The choice should come down to the frequency of your trading. If you are making multiple buys and sells a day then it is pointless and costly not to mention time consuming to send you funds to and from an locally stored wallet each time. If you just occasionally buy and sell then you would be much better keeping your funds on your own computer or on a hardward wallet such as a Ledger.
Activity: 645
Merit: 250
February 25, 2018, 01:41:47 AM
Are you constantly trading with the cryptocurrencies you have on the exchange?  If you are, then it should be okay to keep them on there if it's a reputable exchange such as Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance and similar ones.  It's good that you have 2FA activated.  If you are not doing any trades, I would recommend moving your coins to your personal wallet. 
Activity: 479
Merit: 100
February 25, 2018, 01:36:06 AM

If I think to be more secure, I suggest you use Anther's wallet. so you do not have to worry about the security of your money. I myself use Anther's wallet to secure my money. not only me who use it. most people also use Anther's wallet.
Activity: 85
February 25, 2018, 01:11:38 AM
It is right to be afraid of scammers or hackers, just imagine your digital assets wiped clean in a flash - that would be the worst day ever in your crypto experience.
So better be more secure than ever. You can choose from a number of options for security purposes, like having a hardware wallet using a USB or you can have a keystore with encryption. Though it was recommended to have a hardware wallet to access your account. Since entering your pin or password in a website is relatively less secure.
So stay safe
Pages:
Jump to: