Pages:
Author

Topic: Im afraid of Hackers/Scammers! - page 6. (Read 648 times)

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
February 25, 2018, 01:02:38 AM
Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid
i guess its better for you to keep it on multiple wallets and exchange.the more you keep the safer you will have,since hacker is always on the run so better we must have precautionary measures and this way for me is the safest way,this is what i have doing now
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 12:13:51 AM
I guess you better store your coins on your wallet not on an exchange because it is prone in hackers.Dont forget your private key it is very important to you and your coins.
Activity: 273
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 12:13:03 AM
Any e-wallet is not safe. I think that it's much safer to store on the exchanges. Or create many wallets and store all data on a USB flash drive
Activity: 742
Merit: 101
February 25, 2018, 12:03:19 AM
Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

Better be sure to keep all your wallets and private keys secure and safe. Scammers are everywhere and their just waiting for their next victims. Avoin clicking aby suspicious links. Try not to store all your earnings in any exchhange because it is too risky. Also, using nano pedger would also help to make your earnings more secured.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
February 24, 2018, 11:59:02 PM
If you do not trade daily with your coins, it is better to bring them out with the stock exchange. It is not safe to store coins on stock exchanges. An example of you is Mt.gox, btc-e. It is better to store coins on a hardware purse. This is either Ledger Nano, or Trezor. And most importantly, do not show your private key to anyone.
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
February 24, 2018, 11:52:41 PM
We are all afraid of scammer because our account or assests will be lost in an instant.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
February 24, 2018, 11:48:41 PM

You know the current scenario here in the online world. Scammers and hackers are always around surrounding us, every ready to snatch anything precious to us the moment we stay too lax. That, we cannot avoid. That is why we have to use all possible means so that our assets will not be wasted falling on the hands of the thieves. I think your altcoins are pretty safe. But if you are not planning to actively trade them, you may consider trying some hard wallets such as Nano Ledger and Trezor.
Activity: 602
February 24, 2018, 11:41:36 PM
There is always a risk factor in every game like crypto investment and trading, hackers and scammers are our number enemy here. Everything that is related online we are prone to hack and scams,it is all about on how to play safe. There are no any reliable exchange site that are 100 % hack proof, so don't put everything in one basket.
I agree with you, putting everything asset in one basket would the worst case scenario if it happens to be hacked. So, we better find the best solutions to secure our asset which I think everyone here is what they are sharing about.
Activity: 229
February 24, 2018, 11:38:16 PM
there`s a risk factor even when we cross the road, we can be wrecked by a car but somehow we do not afraid of ot, because we are in control of it most of the time
same thing here
Activity: 252
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 24, 2018, 11:36:21 PM
I think the money is not a large number, so you don't need to worry too much about, if you are afraid to security issues, then put these tokens in the exchange is a relatively safe, do not need to use hardware wallet.
Activity: 182
February 24, 2018, 11:33:35 PM
I do not recommend you to keep it in the exchange wallet because it's in my opinion very dangerous to hackers. it's better if you invest long-term you keep it in your personal wallet. suppose excodus wallet, coinomi, blockchain, and myetherwallet. and guard it to his security.
Activity: 364
February 24, 2018, 10:54:35 PM

just keep your security is very strong and hackers will not be able to break into your wallet, you should be more careful against suspicious links that phishing possibilities.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
February 24, 2018, 10:54:18 PM
There is always a risk factor in every game like crypto investment and trading, hackers and scammers are our number enemy here. Everything that is related online we are prone to hack and scams,it is all about on how to play safe. There are no any reliable exchange site that are 100 % hack proof, so don't put everything in one basket.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 250
February 24, 2018, 10:39:35 PM
I have already read the ideas written up to now and the majority say that you should not keep the money there. If the exchanges are not so respectable, how are you depositing money there? You can reliable it. So if hackers knows how can to hack it, they can hack the wallet which with the private key.
Activity: 55
February 24, 2018, 10:34:47 PM
Use exchanges only when you are trading, otherwise move into paper wallet or hardware wallet (trezor or ledger wallet).

If you are trading use trusted exchanges like bittrex & binance or even poloniex with 2-factor authentication on your account.

--
Notes:
1. 2-factor authentication is very very very important

2. when you backing up any important keys online try to hide 1/2 letters/words,
 e.g (key: 56dfd4fd654fd54f6d4f4ds4 - to:  56dfd4fd654fd54f6d4f4dxx)  hit = my first smartphone or any

3. when you creating any important key e.g myetherwallet or setting up 2-factor authentication on your account, you should disable all browser extensions and open "new incognito window" on your browser.
Activity: 25
February 24, 2018, 10:31:38 PM
Do not worry too much, it will make you tortured.
This may happen to beginners but as long as you secure your wallet no one will be able to steal your assets.
Many options of wallet that can be used.

I have secured my wallet but i always read people saying not to keep assets on exchanges
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
February 24, 2018, 10:04:05 PM
this depends on how secure the exchanger you use, but my advice you should move the coin that you have from the exchanger to the private wallet, because there are many large exchangers that successfully hacked by hackers, eg etherdelta who have several times experienced it, and the loss is us the users
Activity: 714
February 24, 2018, 09:55:49 PM

Your coins are safe as long as you have your private keys are very safe with you. Be vigilant when you are joining sites that you should double check if you are still in their original site, avoid phishing in which will require your private keys and password and finally limit you airdrop affiliations because you might wrongly input the private keys instead of your wallet address.
Activity: 126
Merit: 14
February 24, 2018, 09:49:11 PM
No matter how strong our password and very well protected our wallet is, the best hackers and scammers will always find their, which is why it is advisable to cash out or spread your coins to a variety of crypto wallet be it online or paper wallet to be safe just in case.
Activity: 295
February 24, 2018, 09:44:21 PM
Dont afraid of the hacker if you know your step how to protect your account.
Pages:
Jump to: