Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm donating 5057 BTC to charitable causes! Introducing The Pineapple Fund - page 2. (Read 460 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 10
Actually, I have thought of one worthy charity: http://www.fightfortheforgotten.org

It's a charity set up my MMA fighter Justin Wren for liberating pygmy slaves in the Congo, as well as drilling wells to provide sustainable drinking water, rainforest preservation & wildlife conservation. Joe Rogan himself recently donated bitcoin to his charity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk2jKc2U2Z0

I've reached out to Justin & encouraged him to apply to your website & I really hope you can help Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Man, on behalf of all of the recipients of those funds, big thank you for this. It is really a great deed to help someone who is in need and today there are a lot of people who don't have enough just for the basic needs. I'm really happy to see someone having this attitude Smiley
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
I just want to say I really admire what you're doing. This is absolutely amazing of you, we need more people like you. Here are some list of public charities that do accept bitcoin.
Bread for the City | breadforthecity.org | 52-1138207 | Washington DC
Central Texas Food Bank | centraltexasfoodbank.org | 74-2217350 | Austin TX
Gift of A Helping Hand | tgoahhctbuildingandtoyfund.org | 38-3640111 | Detroit MI
Save the Children Federation | savethechildren.org | 06-0726487 | Fairfield CT
World Aid for Homeless Children | worldaid.org | 26-4576703 | Washington DC
League Against Aids | leagueagainstaids.com | 65-0057294 | Miami FL
Without Regrets Foundation | withoutregrets.org | 45-2592845 | Dripping Springs TX
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
I am not a supporter of this charity. It will not change anything. People spend your money for daily needs and it's all over. They again begin to starve. It seems to me that charity should be what you need to build enterprise in the country where people will work and receive regular income. The profits from this enterprise should be directed on building of new enterprises. Then your help will make sense.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
This is amazing, seems great. With more money comes more responsibility, if only more people started thinking this way instead of caring about themselves only and buying Lambos
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
“Because once you have enough money, money doesn't matter.” That is a good motto, and pretty sure this is a good thing to do for charity and making use of your money for the needy I really think that if you are truly blessed by GOD you will truly help and do good work because of GOD's Grace, Well bitcoin really had some impact in every person sometimes, and if I have seen a worthy charity that need further help I will inform them about this site, and GOD bless.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hello!

I remember starting at bitcoin a few years ago. When bitcoin broke single digits for the first time, I thought that was a triumphant moment for bitcoin. I watched and admired the price jump to $15.. $20.. $30.. wow!

Today, I see $17,539 per BTC. I still don't believe reality sometimes. Bitcoin has changed my life, and I have far more money than I can ever spend. My aims, goals, and motivations in life have nothing to do with having XX million or being the mega rich. So I'm doing something else: donating the majority of my bitcoins to charitable causes. I'm calling it The Pineapple Fund.

So far, The Pineapple Fund has/is:

* Donated $1 million to Watsi, an impressively innovative charity building technology to finance universal healthcare.

* Donated $1 million to The Water Project, a charity providing sustainable water projects to suffering communities in Africa

* Donating $1 million to the EFF, defending rights and privacy of internet users, fighting for net neutrality, and far far more

* Donated $500k to BitGive Foundation, a charity building projects that leverage bitcoin and blockchain technology for global philanthropy.

If you know a registered nonprofit charity, please encourage them to apply on the fund's website! While I prefer supporting registered charities, I am open to supporting charitable causes as well. Check out the website Smiley

https://pineapplefund.org/
Pages:
Jump to: