Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm not shorting anymore - page 2. (Read 2991 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
May 15, 2014, 09:18:14 AM
Ah technical analyses. This one looks fun Tongue

So in general we have two completely different opinion based on same graph ?

I think in TA that is quite normal. TA can be good to identify extremes - when prices rise or fall with an extreme slope, but I would never base an investment decision on TA alone.

However based on observation of forum activity I would say that we reached the bottom. There's not much euphoria left. that's a good sign.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
May 15, 2014, 08:16:29 AM
Ah technical analyses. This one looks fun Tongue

So in general we have two completely different opinion based on same graph ?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
May 15, 2014, 08:12:21 AM

Now what I don't understand from OP is how he can make a linear connection between two different time eras which had a period of double exponential increase inbetween them.

Yes, these two lines I don't understand as well.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
May 15, 2014, 08:07:36 AM
Actually bitcoin bulls would find this picture to be BEARISH because it implies that bitcoin is growing on a linear scale.

It does... Until the double-exponential rally happens, as it did 4 times now, and which should start soonish, as in early this summer. See if you notice any patterns on this logchart:
So you're saying that it grows linearly sometimes and then sudden it starts growing exponentially? I think that is false and that the growth is consistently exponential at some degree.

The graph says it all Smiley It either linearly grows, or linearly declines, but then it does periods of double exponential growth (exponential on a log graph), which all adds up to a simple exponential growth trend.
Now what I don't understand from OP is how he can make a linear connection between two different time eras which had a period of double exponential increase inbetween them.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
May 15, 2014, 08:06:55 AM
The price grows in orders of magnitude, not percentage. That's the part that makes it so tricky for most of us, it's so unusual you don't think to look for it. But look at the chart.

The price rises sharply to some new high, then drops to somewhere above the old high, followed by a period of not much happening until it rises again. Assuming the pattern holds for a few more waves at least, it means that, for investors, anything below 1k is cheap and anything above 300 implies a healthy market.
legendary
Borsche
May 15, 2014, 07:51:06 AM
Actually bitcoin bulls would find this picture to be BEARISH because it implies that bitcoin is growing on a linear scale.

It does... Until the double-exponential rally happens, as it did 4 times now, and which should start soonish, as in early this summer. See if you notice any patterns on this logchart:
So you're saying that it grows linearly sometimes and then sudden it starts growing exponentially? I think that is false and that the growth is consistently exponential at some degree.

The graph says it all Smiley It either linearly grows, or linearly declines, but then it does periods of double exponential growth (exponential on a log graph), which all adds up to a simple exponential growth trend.
May 15, 2014, 07:03:28 AM

legendary
Borsche
May 15, 2014, 06:44:00 AM

May 15, 2014, 06:27:24 AM
I've found some interesting trends that could indicate a turn into the direction to which BTC is heading
The steady decline is now being replaced by a slow increase. I'll keep an eye on this, when value touch the new trending lines.

Nick.

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
May 15, 2014, 06:23:49 AM
I had in mind something else:

And the volume is dropping...replay of the end of January?
Activity: 34
May 15, 2014, 06:15:32 AM
Big bear triangle on logarithmic scale on Chinese exchange Huobi is so much more important...

That's a linear scale on Bitstamp - lol.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
May 15, 2014, 06:13:56 AM
Big bear triangle on logarithmic scale on Chinese exchange Huobi is so much more important...
Activity: 42
May 15, 2014, 05:49:28 AM
I've found some interesting trends that could indicate a turn into the direction to which BTC is heading
The steady decline is now being replaced by a slow increase. I'll keep an eye on this, when value touch the new trending lines.

Nick.

https://i.imgur.com/OXW3j1Y.png?1

Pages:
Jump to: