Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 10,000BTC to pay out. - page 2. (Read 6048 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Matthew if you do win the bet and cant prove that you have the money I would urge no one to pay you and that you be labeled a scammer. You not having the money for the bet in the first place would make the bet invalid. I trust that you most likely do have the money that is why I took the bet, but I suggest you do prove it if you win or there will be a lot of angry people that will not pay you. I can prove I can cover my bet, I suggest you do the same or I will label you a scammer and so should everyone that has taken your bet.

PS - you asking for bets on weather you actually have the money is just stupid. If it turned out that you did not have the money it is a loose, loose. Only a fricking idiot would take that bet because I they won you would not pay anyway.

Yes, I fully planned on proving it, I just like screwing with trolls. I'll prove it when it's time. Right now it's just a few scattered people who hate me already asking for proof. Why would I give them what they want? It's better to bet against them that I do in fact have it and make some money off of their trolling, don't you think?

The side bet btw is just a statement to trolls. Feel free to ignore it as I doubt anyone is going to participate in it anyway, and I will be proving I have the funds in due time. Cheers.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Matthew if you do win the bet and cant prove that you have the money I would urge no one to pay you and that you be labeled a scammer. You not having the money for the bet in the first place would make the bet invalid. I trust that you most likely do have the money that is why I took the bet, but I suggest you do prove it if you win or there will be a lot of angry people that will not pay you. I can prove I can cover my bet, I suggest you do the same or I will label you a scammer and so should everyone that has taken your bet.

PS - you asking for bets on weather you actually have the money is just stupid. If it turned out that you did not have the money it is a loose, loose. Only a fricking idiot would take that bet because if they won you would not pay anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
That said, though, will this bet end only upon the collection of 1000BTC of bets, or is there some cutoff time when it will be terminated?  I don't claim that MNW doesn't have the money, but it would be reassuring to know that he does.
Clearly, this bet as well as every bet down the meta-bet chain will terminate upon completion of a higher-level bet. In this case, that would be the 10k BTC Pirate bet.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Less talk, more action. Who here thinks I can't prove I have the funds? Free money!

I really don't give a shit if you have the money or not, you just run your mouth endlessly. 

Well actually Matthew is backing up his words with action - with money. Someone who is willing to back words with money can talk as much as they want, in my book.

I salute your initiative here, Matthew. I hope you don't lose $100,000 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
not touching this 1

Me neither. Let's you and I go play NL Holdem. I'll even let you deal.

~CB~
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
guys guys my dick is bigger than pirate's pay attention to me instead
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Signing a message with a private key doesn't prove anything.
Controlling funds doesn't mean they're yours to spend.

This bet is not about MNW's willingness to pay--that must be taken on faith.  It's about his ability to pay, for which controlling the funds is EVERYTHING.

Now, it's conceivable that he has access to some large account associated with, for example, Bitcoin Magazine, which he could use to claim that he has the 10K BTC, but I'm sure that the people who own that account (Bitcoin Magazine in this example) would be QUITE averse to him doing this, and I doubt that he has any connection that he would risk for this... that said, 10K BTC is a lot of money and people will do a lot of dumb stuff for a lot of money.  Personally, I believe he has the money, but is just having too much fun trolling detractors.  The moment of truth will be when the original bet ends.

That said, though, will this bet end only upon the collection of 1000BTC of bets, or is there some cutoff time when it will be terminated?  I don't claim that MNW doesn't have the money, but it would be reassuring to know that he does.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
You are wrong. In order to sign the message, one must have the private key, which in turn means the ability to spend the funds. Unless you're insinuating that he's paying someone off...
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
Activity: 616
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
I'm so sad that I missed out on the earlier bet... if you open it up again let me know.  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
Guyz... guyz. Signmessage!

Good point. That is not the official betting format though.

Edit: still lacking bitcoins, I was assuming that was about signing the bets, not proving access to funds.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Guyz... guyz. Signmessage!
Activity: 309
Merit: 250

"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 1,000BTC to pay out."
"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 100BTC to pay out."
"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 10BTC to pay out."
"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 1BTC to pay out."

Can you prove you even have 1BTC to pay out?  Maybe time to make a 100% ROI bet thread for 0.1BTC   Tongue
"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 0 BTC to pay out."

Code:
−100 BTC
1dice1e6pdhLzzWQq7yMidf6j8eAg7pkY
The negative sign is important.

lol... nice Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

Can you prove you even have 1BTC to pay out?  Maybe time to make a 100% ROI bet thread for 0.1BTC   Tongue
"I'm offering 100% ROI to anyone who thinks I don't have 0 BTC to pay out."

Code:
−100 BTC
1dice1e6pdhLzzWQq7yMidf6j8eAg7pkY
The negative sign is important.
Activity: 252
Skepticism is healthy in an anonymous irreversible currency. No idea what you're trying to prove here. I'm really so confused. So much irrational action. My best theory is you're young and dumb. I was there once myself Smiley
Activity: 309

Activity: 633
When it's time, it will be obvious. Not before, and not because people bother me about it.

I'm just waiting for you to say you'll delay payouts to those who bet and bother you.  "I'll make sure you're at the end of the line..." you'll say.  It will be a show indeed.  A familiar one...  But still a good show.
Activity: 350
Why don't you simply post some address with zero BTC on it and send 10K to it?

Because that would be giving trolls what they want -for free-. I don't work for free.

EDIT: I misread what your point was. I actually -will- be doing exactly that, but only after there is enough money to be made from loudmouthed suckers who are so sure I don't have it.

That doesn't really prove it's your address. You can in theory just pick an address with 10k in it.

That's why the post you quoted says to create an address with 0 zero in, then transfer 10K into it Wink
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Protip - That's part of the reason they're not betting.

Uhh. Betting is closed silly. The full amount has already been bet.

OK then.  That's part of the reason they didn't bet when they could.

Also, did you forget about my other question?

You said you could prove you have the funds.  You're silence regarding whether or not you will is telling....
When it's time, it will be obvious. Not before, and not because people bother me about it. I like to make an impression (if you didn't notice). It's both entertaining and helps people open their mind to more possibilities. Just telling them something right off the bat doesn't work anymore. You have to make them spend their time and energy crusading against it before you prove it's not harmful.
Pages:
Jump to: