Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm spending too much time looking for posts to merit. - page 2. (Read 416 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 2
Your see to be very active here based on your recent posting history. You do not come across good posts to merit in those threads where you are leaving a reply ? I do not like the idea of extra work preparing list of posts to choose from.
I check here spending too much time here for merit is not going to work for many its only waste of time for merit best thing is study we need to study about this and give good and positive replies even just one or two is good enough hopefully this will work for many in future newbies like me
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I've got a fair number of projects on the go at the moment, and I don't think I am awarding enough merits to warrant the time spent hunting for posts. I've seen the threads that ask for post suggestions, and they turn into spam fests, and I don't think they are productive. I'm not able to restrict posting to threads I create, and self moderation is extra work, and can be a bit of a political tightrope. I've added a community workplace to The Source, and I'm considering asking responsible members to submit post suggestions. Do you think this is a good idea? Alternatively, can anybody think of a solution that can be implemented in this forum, and will not generate a load of spam and redundant comments.

My friend, we are in the same boat.  I have a couple projects on the go, I am flying all over the country on a weekly basis, and I am finding it hard to award merit.

I think the merit system is important though, and I love this community, so I will continue to slave on.
Activity: 476
Merit: 359
Maybe to ease your self, just focus on the section that you love? That way it would make the meritorious posts hunting become a fun activity because people said "do what you love man !"  Grin. There is one idea that crossed my mind tho, but it would be done if the person doing it really want to help this forum community.

Why dont you make a specific email for the post suggestion, like an email that is not using your identity so it is not trackable. So you tell people to send the post suggestion to that email and you can check on it later. That way it would reduce the number of spam in the thread you made, and you can (or not, maybe skip some because it is not a sin) read the post later. You can lock your thread on the forum and bump it once a day, that way it wont create a spam fest, at least on the forum (would be a lot of spam fest on the email tho)

It is just my opinion tho and i could be wrong  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1372
Merit: 106
Available for rent
Your see to be very active here based on your recent posting history. You do not come across good posts to merit in those threads where you are leaving a reply ? I do not like the idea of extra work preparing list of posts to choose from.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<...>
 Do you think this is a good idea? Alternatively, can anybody think of a solution that can be implemented in this forum, and will not generate a load of spam and redundant comments.
In another post I just wrote a moment ago replying to a user, I just stated that I wouldn’t be opposed to users creating lists of meritable posts that have gone unmerited, in much the way that merit source applicants need to do with a their list of 10 under-merited posts.

Of course, the challenge there is that these posts should not turn into spam/begging lists, so one would be inclined to require a certain member status/merit status in order to forward these lists in posts. This would be perhaps appealing to members who lack merit, but stumble across good posts that go unmerited and disappear quickly of the radar by other created/bumped threads.

In order to reduce spam, perhaps a minimum rank should be required for the under-merited post proposals, although that would block-off newer people for fear of excessive spam which defeats the objective partially.
I’m also not sure where these post should be written, since I don’t think Meta is the best place ...
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
... and I'm considering asking responsible members to submit post suggestions. ...
You may need Welsh as your adviser  Tongue
Unfortunately, I just keep adding to the list, and there's some pretty good posts that haven't been merited at all in there.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
I've got a fair number of projects on the go at the moment, and I don't think I am awarding enough merits to warrant the time spent hunting for posts. I've seen the threads that ask for post suggestions, and they turn into spam fests, and I don't think they are productive. I'm not able to restrict posting to threads I create, and self moderation is extra work, and can be a bit of a political tightrope. I've added a community workplace to The Source, and I'm considering asking responsible members to submit post suggestions. Do you think this is a good idea? Alternatively, can anybody think of a solution that can be implemented in this forum, and will not generate a load of spam and redundant comments.
Pages:
Jump to: