Pages:
Author

Topic: Im starting a new bitcoin-related project. ANONYMOUS OR NOT? - page 3. (Read 3008 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250
You are right but forget that if my government discover that i own a site that produce a gain, well it doesnt matter if i have cold storage or an offshore bank account. They will ask me some questions  Cheesy
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I would have to go with NOT.

Firstly, try register the project (ie domain or whatever is needed) in a different country if you do need to register something. This will help avoid the tax man to a degree.
Please elaborate on your "Cold Storage". If you mean a bank account offshore, you can still do that. If its a safe at your house, well again, you can still do that.

As for Hackers, well just try and be as safe as you can against them, build your solution around Anti-Hacker and you should be ok  Tongue Encryption is your friend :p

Also never have a decrypter in the same place (ie website).
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
Not sure where to post this thread, however, if this is the wrong place, move it!

Well im developing and launching a new bitcoin related project, and i dont know which is the best solution about the anonymity.
Few words: this project should be anonymous or not?

Considering that i have no intention to steal money from my users and i want to create a stable and trusted service...

ANONYMOUS (hyde my identity)
PROS:
- avoid tax audits
- avoid becoming the target for some hackers, thieves and so on
- cold storage in a safe place and nobody know that i have some hidden money

CONS:
- little confidence of users
- lack of transparency for the nework

NOT ANONYMOUS (show my identity, domain registrant, public press and so on)
PROS:
- trusted by users
- trusted by the bitcoin network

CONS:
- became a target for hackers, thieves and so on
- became a target for governments and taxes
- no cold storage, for the previous CONS points

What would you do in my situation?
Pages:
Jump to: