Pages:
Author

Topic: Imaginary Future - page 8. (Read 858 times)

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
November 18, 2023, 12:57:50 AM
Doing everything in limit is worth it if you cross the limit then it will not give you much benefit in anything, same way if you are only saving after sacrificing so many things from your life just like you are not having fun, not fulfilling your small wish which brings you joy and happiness. Never forget your presence to make your future because when you are healthy and wealthy physically and mentally then only your future will become brighter with your hardwork and present savings. Yes, saving habits gives you a better life. You can buy a house, accumulate funds for your retirement, or you can run your family in better condition etc but never forget your present.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
November 18, 2023, 12:54:15 AM
Do you ever feel like that being after saving or investing for future you forget to live in the present? You don't buy the things you want to or don't go after experiences you want because you'd rather save/invest for future instead.
I suppose that sometimes I feel that way, however when looking at the things I wanted to buy at the time I get to see that my decision to not buy those products was in fact the right decision most of the time.

Every single day we are bombarded with ads trying to make us spend more money than what we can afford, and while it is necessary to spend some money now in order to fulfill our needs and wants, being able to think about the future and suppress those feelings has helped me tremendously, as when I compare myself with my friends and other people my age I am in a great position, and this will only improve even more once the price of bitcoin goes up even further.
legendary
Activity: 4186
Merit: 4385
November 18, 2023, 12:40:16 AM
over a decade ago. (pre bitcoin) i was frugal but my mindset was that my "wants" were NEEDS. like i needed certain entertainment TV packages for movies and tv series. i needed to enjoy fast food as its more convenient then self cooking, i needed to go to the gym, sports clubs and night time activities, i needed X time off for vacations.. nothing was a want, everything felt as a need

then i got into bitcoin, and decade later im set, retired early and have no money worries

that said, im still frugal. where i dont see "needs" i just see wants. and now i question those wants and realise i dont need.

it can feel good to walk into a restaurant and know you can afford anything on the menu but buy the basic meal..
it can feel good to walk into thrift/charity store knowing you could afford the whole stores produce at their original unused retail rate, but you are buying the same thing second hand (i also do new retail price.. but i do enjoy frugalness too)
it can feel good to walk into a car dealership knowing you can buy their newest model full price, but then asking about their ex-display/ex-owned/trade-ins

just knowing i can doesnt mean i should

i still travel and enjoy experiences but i just dont have the "need" weight on my shoulder. and i realise how wasteful my "wants" were

some times the knowing i can but not needing too is a positive experience more so then going ahead and buying the luxury to fill a emotional hole some people have

i still spend, dont get me wrong. but my habits remain frugal and i still invest, and i do question my purchases even if i dont have to

best advice is.
look for things in life that make you happy. then do them. knowing your investments are also happening side by side so you get to look after yourself now and in the future

there is nothing wrong with being frugal about wasteful spending,, if you then spend on the things you really enjoy too
Activity: 66
Merit: 5
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 18, 2023, 12:33:53 AM
Do you ever feel like that being after saving or investing for future you forget to live in the present? You don't buy the things you want to or don't go after experiences you want because you'd rather save/invest for future instead.
In as much as saving is good it doesn't warrant you not having/living a good live. I mean you have to live for the present before the future if you're not alive today how can you then live in the future your investing/or saving for, one can not always invest in every circumstances or event you have to always get the essential needs. That you have to spend on yourself or take care of yourself does not mean spending unnecessarily or living a luxurious/or extravagant life.
Additionally, what is the future? Your future is your next minute not even exactly what we in our subjective reality see it to be, every minute of our live that we do not know or can not predict is a future because years or months before today you called today a future so live your live now because you don't know tomorrow. This is a popular saying that "Nobody knows tomorrow" so why suffer so much when you have it already just for the fact that you wanna save for a  future! Nah!.
Invest but don't die while investing. In my country there is what is popularly known as "next of kin" this does not just mean the normal next of kin but there is an extraordinary meaning attached to it, if you don't spend or take of yourself today (present life) one next of kin who do not know how you suffered to make this money or investments will spend it all when you're no more. So be wise and not be over conscious of the future.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
November 17, 2023, 11:41:54 PM
Pages:
Jump to: