Pages:
Author

Topic: imagine if Greece adopted bitcoin - page 2. (Read 1288 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
July 01, 2015, 04:37:31 AM
wish the Greek Prime Minister set a good example for the Bitcoin to Greek citizens? I think it's impossible.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 01, 2015, 04:31:54 AM
Perhaps i should have said, "could the network handle it", instead of "hack it". By that I meant the increase in activity. I accept that inflation is still too high and volatility would be wild and open to manipulation. But could the network handle it as it is today?

if a country really decide to adopt it, we will need larger blocks for sure. other wise transactions will take longer than usual to confirm as they are pushed to the next block due to the blocks being full.
Is that all that's needed in order to make it scale?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 01, 2015, 04:27:29 AM
Perhaps i should have said, "could the network handle it", instead of "hack it". By that I meant the increase in activity. I accept that inflation is still too high and volatility would be wild and open to manipulation. But could the network handle it as it is today?

if a country really decide to adopt it, we will need larger blocks for sure. other wise transactions will take longer than usual to confirm as they are pushed to the next block due to the blocks being full.
July 01, 2015, 04:12:06 AM
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
July 01, 2015, 03:47:47 AM
no, no one can hack the bitcoin network . Well there are many advantages of greece adopting bitcoin as No central gov. controlling the currency. And it will be like the movie 'guardians of galaxy'. But there will be increased cases of money laundering.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 01, 2015, 03:35:58 AM
hack? not possibile, the price would rise because more people are using bitcoin without dumping it, so what will happen is that at first they will help some whales dumping their bitcoin, because the price is increased, then if other nation that have not a good economy and see the greece example as a good example, then they would shift too , to bitcoin

what i think is that we need someone to do the first big move, for bitcoin to start skyrocket all over the place

a good thing about adopting bitcoin, is that you will be helped by everyone, because the price is influence globally and not only by the country that adopted it
June 30, 2015, 03:42:07 PM
However unlikely this may be, please lend me your imagination for a while.

Lets say the Greek prime minister advises Greek citizens to turn to bitcoin. They arrange to help everybody including grandmas to convert their euros to bitcoin. (I know I know. Never in a million years)

So bitcoin is the national currency of greece. All transactions in greece are carried out in bitcoin. Can the network hack it? What would happen?
Pages:
Jump to: