Pages:
Author

Topic: Impressive bitcoin one liners for non bitcoiners - page 4. (Read 37270 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Bitcoin. Full-SHA encrypted.  No back doors.
Secure digital money.  Swiss bank accounts for the millions.

inspired by:
THE CYPHERPUNK MOVEMENT
by St. Jude

+1
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
Use Bitcoin: Send your money anywhere in the world, to anyone, for any reason, with no fees or strings attached

I respectfully disagree. Please don't spread false information about Bitcoin. use "Minimal" or "insignificant". But there is definitely "fees" involved for MOST transactions.

"At the moment, many transactions are typically processed in a way where no fee is expected at all"
"Transaction fees are voluntary on the part of the person making the bitcoin transaction"
"The transaction fee is therefore an incentive on the part of the bitcoin user to make sure that a particular transaction will get included into the next block"
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees

This is how I was assuming Bitcoin still worked. Moving forward we have to be careful as even the tiniest fees can be debilitating to those processing a large volume of micro-transactions. I think these tiny transactions will be a big part of the future of Bitcoin. But I'm still under the impression that money can be sent for free. Please correct me if I'm still wrong.

Ok, more informative guys please correct me if I got this wrong. If you go to any "new" transaction on blockchain.info you will see an estimation for the first confirmation. The position in the queue to be confirmed is determined (or estimated) by how big the transaction is (Size wise and not amount wise). considering how large the fees included are, plus both how old is this transaction and how much the included fees are.

This means even though a transaction was made before another, The older transaction might be pushed back in the queue because it has no fees included or low fees. This queuing mechanism is not infinite and on the times where alot of people are making transactions a no fee transaction might take a very long time and sometimes (Yes it happened alot and to me personally a few times) this transaction might not happen at ALL, Especially if that transaction was big (Size wise and not amount wise).

The day where you simply cannot make a free transaction or a very low fee transaction is getting closer and closer but really don't sweat it Bitcoin is still light years away from being "Expensive" way to send money. (Please don't start the micro transaction cost guys, That is a VERY different story).

I hope this shed some light and please tell me if I am mistaken about something.

- Lophie
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Use Bitcoin: Send your money anywhere in the world, to anyone, for any reason, with no fees or strings attached

I respectfully disagree. Please don't spread false information about Bitcoin. use "Minimal" or "insignificant". But there is definitely "fees" involved for MOST transactions.

"At the moment, many transactions are typically processed in a way where no fee is expected at all"
"Transaction fees are voluntary on the part of the person making the bitcoin transaction"
"The transaction fee is therefore an incentive on the part of the bitcoin user to make sure that a particular transaction will get included into the next block"
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees

This is how I was assuming Bitcoin still worked. Moving forward we have to be careful as even the tiniest fees can be debilitating to those processing a large volume of micro-transactions. I think these tiny transactions will be a big part of the future of Bitcoin. But I'm still under the impression that money can be sent for free. Please correct me if I'm still wrong.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto

Ola
Activity: 311
Global decentralized internet cash and payment system Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
"Friends, Romans, bitcoin miners, lend me your ears; I come to bury fiat, not to praise him"
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some mine bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
Ether-shore bank account
Bitcoins are the shortest distance between two pockets.
Nice 1 Smiley

off-topic: Your post just gave me a eerie flash of a future world where we have hardware embedded in our bodies and can make trades just by looking at each other and thinking it. What happens to the concept of money in a world like that???
Activity: 366
Merit: 258
Bitcoins are the shortest distance between two pockets.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Bitcoin... because your money is your business
donator
Bitcoin... no questions asked.
Use Bitcoin: A superior money technologically and intellectually

Use Bitcoin: The love child of cutting-edge technology and economic theory

Use Bitcoin: For the first time in human history the people can gain true financial freedom

Activity: 367
Find me at Bitrated
Bitcoin - money for people that like to own their money.
Activity: 314
One poster quipped that is just easier to call it "Magic Computer Money".
(sorry don't recall who that was)

At first I just laughed, but I am discovering that I like it!
donator
fuck inflation
legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
Bitcoin - Use it Wisely
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is the separation of money and state