Pages:
Author

Topic: In 10 years, when BTC is mainstream what % of people will own 1 BTC - page 3. (Read 5629 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
So if 7500 satoshi is a fair amount of coins to have in the future, I can be considered retired.

10 years is too much time in crypto...

Many things will happen, nothing is certain...or BTC vanishes completely or it will spread like a cancer (benign of course Smiley, 50:50 chances.

Quantum computers? 3rd WWar? Total World Economy collapse? Alien invasion? hahah

Cheers
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
So if 7500 satoshi is a fair amount of coins to have in the future, I can be considered retired.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
1% of world population = 70 millions of people.

There will be 21 millions bitcoin , so more than 1 btc per person for 1% of population is not possible due to something called maths Wink

exactly, that's why 1 bitcoin will be EXTREMELY valuable if enough people in the world start to decide bitcoin is more useful than dollars/euros or credit cards.

and i'm not even talking about other things, as bitcoin can replace much more than just money.

buying 1 car or 1 house for 1 bitcoin is just the beginning

Just the beginning.
Activity: 20
Its either bitcoin will be history after 10 years or I will be paying my bills with it.
Activity: 23
Interesting data by zimmah
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

There will be 21 millions bitcoin , so more than 1 btc per person for 1% of population is not possible due to something called maths Wink

exactly, that's why 1 bitcoin will be EXTREMELY valuable if enough people in the world start to decide bitcoin is more useful than dollars/euros or credit cards.

and i'm not even talking about other things, as bitcoin can replace much more than just money.

buying 1 car or 1 house for 1 bitcoin is just the beginning
Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
If bitcoin goes mainstream, I would guess less than 1% of the world population will have more than 1 btc. But then, most people wouldn't need more than 1 btc, cos most things they buy would be in ubtc. We could probably buy a car with 1 btc.
legendary
In 10 years, when BTC is mainstream what % of people will own 1 BTC

Not many. By then, 1 BTC will be so expensive it would be like purchasing a house.

Not few people (more than 0.3%) have money to buy a house.

I guess would be more like buy certain luxury items, that really few people can afford

if bitcoin replaces all fiat, it'd be easily worth 20 million by todays standard.

Activity: 686
if ever bitcoin goes mainstream..and hopefull my lone 1 btc don't get hack  Cry
Activity: 616

Not many. By then, 1 BTC will be so expensive it would be like purchasing a house.

Not few people (more than 0.3%) have money to buy a house.

I guess would be more like buy certain luxury items, that really few people can afford

KJO
Activity: 173
Merit: 100

legendary
do you mean the % of humans on the planet, or the % of bitcoin users?

it's impossible for more than 0.295% of the world population to ever have 1 bitcoin, so if bitcoin becomes mainstream, everyone with 1 bitcoin will be the top 0.295% at the least.

but this is assuming 21 million people all have 1 bitcoin, but of course some people have more than 1 bitcon, and many people have less.

so in reality, even less than 0.295% of the world population will have 1 bitcoin. The distribution may be something like this

Top 20% (of world population)
owns about 0.011 (11 millibitcoin) on average. (note that this is the UPPER CLASS)

they have a total of about 15 million bitcoin combined

High 20%
owns an average of 0.0025 bitcoin per person (2.5 millibitcoin)

they have just over 3.5 million bitcoin combined

Middle 20%
average of 0.00075 bitcoin (0.75 millibitcoin)

they have just about a million bitcoin combined (divided over 1.43 billion people!) Note that this is 'middle class'. Having 1 bitcoin would mean you're about 1333 times richer than middle class!

Low 20%
they own just about 200,000 bitcoin combined, each of them having an average of about 0.00015 bitcoin (0.15 millibitcoin)

Bottom 20%

the bottom 1 430 000 000 people will have less than 0.000075 (7500 satoshi) each, their entire 'fortune' is what we now refer to as 'dust'.
The total amount of bitcoin in the bottom 20% of the world will be hardly even 100,000 bitcoin

do you see why many of us think 1 bitcoin would be 1 million+ in value? They are more scarce than you'd think.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
How will the distribution look like in 10 years?

11%
Activity: 28
How will the distribution look like in 10 years?
Pages:
Jump to: