Pages:
Author

Topic: In event of your death - page 5. (Read 6000 times)

Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
July 23, 2017, 11:43:27 AM
I am wondering what provisions have you all made in case you die before cashing out your bitcoins? I am single, live alone and both my parents are deceased. My siblings dont care about any of this, however I would like my nieces and nephews to get some of my profits but they are still very young right now. I dont trust lawyers to give them my private keys. I am wondering, what can I do?
In case of dying all of my private keys are in my one USB and I have a note in that I guess and that will be their access to my money and I hope they will know it because I am only one in the family that know about the bitcoin so I think they figure it out soon.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
July 23, 2017, 11:39:43 AM
This has been really eyeopening. Atleast it looks like I am not the only one who is totally unprepared should death knock on my door. I am in the process of making proper arrangements. Thank you for the suggestions!
I'm even a bit confused, because you do not think about your death quite young enough. But the fact is that it happens to come very unexpectedly and if you think about it, you probably need to make some preparations. It is even possible to write a will.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
July 23, 2017, 11:22:38 AM
This has been really eyeopening. Atleast it looks like I am not the only one who is totally unprepared should death knock on my door. I am in the process of making proper arrangements. Thank you for the suggestions!
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
July 22, 2017, 02:52:16 AM
There are various legal ways to set this up in there are so various software ways to set this up. You can set up smart contracts that cover the event of a death. You can also set up legal contracts to cover the event of a death. Very simple the easiest way to do it would be a legal route where you seal the password in a file and that file cannot be opened by anyone except for the attorney at the time of death.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
July 21, 2017, 06:54:50 PM
Look for a very good friend to trust with, while your other options grow up.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
July 21, 2017, 06:21:33 PM
I'm actually completely unprepared for death. I have no will or anything, but I'm still young and my parents are alive, so I haven't inherited anything yet. I'll start worrying about it when I have a significant wealth and/or a family of my own. If I died now there wouldn't be anybody who could put my coins to a good use, as my parents have more than enough to live out their final years and they're too old to start traveling or move to a new house. Life is so short...
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem
July 21, 2017, 06:07:26 PM
Maybe if you have a very good friend you can trust him/her, while your nephews grow up.
Maybe friends are good options. But dont you think that it will be better if you trust a member of your family? Like your wife or your kids or even your parents. It is not very hard to teach them about bitcoin and the cryptocurrency
Activity: 170
July 21, 2017, 06:05:08 PM
I did not even think about it, because it's too early. I think when this time comes to this, we will already develop some reliable way to transfer bitcoins after death.

Me either, we don't know until when we will be alive. But we must not think about this situation because it only brings negativity to yourself. As myself, I will just teach them on how to cash out bitcoin and that's all. But it's up to them if they will learn on how to keep my bitcoins but we really can't tell on how this is going to happen.
Personally I think it is important to teach them to keep the bitcoins, most of the time when someone gets money from a deceased familiar they spend it in something useless, so it is important to teach those that are going to receive our estate that when we pass away there are some things that is better to keep so they get even richer in the future, and one of those things is bitcoin.

Forget all about it. We have two options. Find a lawyer that will sign a contract with you and have an access to your wallet in case of your death. The other one is that giving your wallet info to one of the family members.
Activity: 350
July 21, 2017, 06:02:57 PM
Stop thinking about it, dude! Live yor life and care not of anything, but your pleasure!
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
July 21, 2017, 05:58:43 PM
I did not even think about it, because it's too early. I think when this time comes to this, we will already develop some reliable way to transfer bitcoins after death.

Me either, we don't know until when we will be alive. But we must not think about this situation because it only brings negativity to yourself. As myself, I will just teach them on how to cash out bitcoin and that's all. But it's up to them if they will learn on how to keep my bitcoins but we really can't tell on how this is going to happen.
Personally I think it is important to teach them to keep the bitcoins, most of the time when someone gets money from a deceased familiar they spend it in something useless, so it is important to teach those that are going to receive our estate that when we pass away there are some things that is better to keep so they get even richer in the future, and one of those things is bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
July 20, 2017, 07:56:06 AM
If your country is beneficial to engage in mining then maybe it makes sense to buy mining equipment and to leave a legacy machine mining money? This will not only generate income but also will force the heirs to learn what bitcoin is and to properly dispose of your legacy.
Activity: 142
July 20, 2017, 07:55:14 AM
I do not know whether there will be bitcoin until I'm ready to die. I think it would be more appropriate to think about this issue, it is still too early. You still need to use coins for yourself.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
July 20, 2017, 07:51:37 AM
I am wondering what provisions have you all made in case you die before cashing out your bitcoins? I am single, live alone and both my parents are deceased. My siblings dont care about any of this, however I would like my nieces and nephews to get some of my profits but they are still very young right now. I dont trust lawyers to give them my private keys. I am wondering, what can I do?
If you stage is critical,then it would be better if you sell your bitcoins and buy a property in the name of your siblings.That would be the right choice in such a critical situation.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
July 15, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
I do not think this is the right approach it, we cannot expect things to just fix themselves, you never know when something may happen, so you need to be prepared if it does, bu while we are talking about bitcoin, people dying without leaving a will and not revealing the full size of their estate is not something rare, so we must be prepared in that case.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
July 13, 2017, 03:28:45 PM
I think you should make some hint so that people who you trust can find the way to use bitcoin as well as the private key. Nobody wants to lose their bitcoin forever even if he dies. Therefore, you should make some hint or give the private key to someone you trust the most. Bitcoin needs to be used and protect by both owners and who you trust
Not just hint, we must guide our family members like our children or grandchildren to take care of what ever assets we will be holding. It can be bitcoins or any physical assets too. For this reason my government always insist the importance of nominating someone for any financial activities. I believe my spouse and my children will take care of all my assets hopefully. 
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
July 13, 2017, 03:17:03 PM
I think you should make some hint so that people who you trust can find the way to use bitcoin as well as the private key. Nobody wants to lose their bitcoin forever even if he dies. Therefore, you should make some hint or give the private key to someone you trust the most. Bitcoin needs to be used and protect by both owners and who you trust
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
July 13, 2017, 02:57:33 PM
Maybe if you have a very good friend you can trust him/her, while your nephews grow up.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 13, 2017, 02:19:16 PM
Death is something that no one can avoid and no one will know when it will happen to us because only God can determine. Then before it comes we must do a very useful thing for the person we will leave behind. Of course we do not want if we died but there are problems left for the people we care about. By giving an understanding of the bitcoin how bitcoin is developed and the other it is one of the things we can inherit to the people we care about. So that someday they can live worthy even though we have left. Knowledge about technology should be applied to our children because bitcoin is a breakthrough on finance using the internet network. I think that's all the things we have to leave to the people we leave to our children and wives
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
July 11, 2017, 10:09:35 PM
How bitcoin do you have ? why not give it to your son or daughter or maybe wife. ? I dont think lawyers has any knowledge about bitcoin, the first thing you should probably do is teach them whoever they are whether your nephew/niece or son/daughter is they need to have basic or the fundamental knowledge about bitcoin cause what if they get your money and just waste it by investing it into some cloud mining site or ponzi scheme then all your efforts in saving it will be all for nothing. I think while it's still early you make them get interested in bitcoin so that they know the pros and cons of this digital currency.
Activity: 209
July 11, 2017, 09:58:15 PM
I think you should make a savings book at the bank. The money you earn from bitcoin is sent to it. You just make a will to leave all the property for your two grandchildren, they will inherit the whole property without worrying about being raped. It's hard to leave your property as bitcoin, it's too small to understand bitcoin and manage it
Pages:
Jump to: