Pages:
Author

Topic: In what conditions would you convert to Islam? - page 3. (Read 2985 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
honestly, never. not even in a future where islam has taken over the world and controls every facet of life in some dystopian setting would i convert. honestly, if the world ever came to something like that, id probably glock up and go out with a bang Grin. or join the resistance or something, who knows. sci fi.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
yeah - people seem to be pretty sure about themselves - I'm curious how things would be if something like that would really happen. Let's hope not, but still... Would they be still so sure about their convictions?
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
So no one wants to convert. I'm not sure what to think: are people extreme or is Islam really that bad?
Won't anyone make a trade in order to live?

It's worth noting that the options for setting up a poll, there is a check box that if checked allows people to vote more than once.  Unchecked, you can only vote once....

It would appear this is an honest poll.

Activity: 350
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
So no one wants to convert. I'm not sure what to think: are people extreme or is Islam really that bad?
Won't anyone make a trade in order to live?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
i'm never unto religion but if i was kidnapped and they want me to convert then i would. And if they want me to suicide, I'll just make em explode.

They have many humanitarian laws, forbidden acts that immobalize the social interactions
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
I have been an atheist from my childhood days, and I hate all religions (especially the Abrahamic faiths). That said, if the Islamic State abducts me and threatens to behead me unless I convert to Islam, then I will "convert". I don't want to lose my life, for 5 minutes of fame. Once I am back in my hometown, I will revert back to atheism.
Activity: 378
After looking at the poll it's interesting to see that no one was even remotely considering to try and see what it's about.
Activity: 303
Here i wanted to introduce a sact in ISLAM, that is AHMEDIYYA MUSLIM COMUNITY
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the leading Islamic organization to categorically reject terrorism in any form. ....
I don't need to read any further.

Sounds like some of the good guys.

They won't last too long in the muslim world.
They have already been declared non-muslims in some countries.
The Catholic Church had in the middle ages something that were called "indulgences" with which they would in a sense buy people's sins; you just bought the appropriate amount of indulgences and your sins were wiped away as the church was concerned.
Even today Christianity encourages good deeds against sins - which is not a bad in a practical sense.

I remember a scene from the last season of Da Vinci's Demons where christian prisoners were lined up and asked to embrace Islam, and either be killed or converted. It's interesting what people think that they would do in those moments. Would you die or make a pact with the devil, as the saying goes, just to fight another day.
christians who teach good deeds lead to salvation are heretics. if you value your life more than your honour you will convert rather than accept death, unfortunately most human beings belong to this category of person.

So you say that we should live like samurai and choose honor over life? I've seen your signature - you seem pretty radical - I'm not criticising you - just making an observation.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
The Catholic Church had in the middle ages something that were called "indulgences" with which they would in a sense buy people's sins; you just bought the appropriate amount of indulgences and your sins were wiped away as the church was concerned.
Even today Christianity encourages good deeds against sins - which is not a bad in a practical sense.

I remember a scene from the last season of Da Vinci's Demons where christian prisoners were lined up and asked to embrace Islam, and either be killed or converted. It's interesting what people think that they would do in those moments. Would you die or make a pact with the devil, as the saying goes, just to fight another day.
christians who teach good deeds lead to salvation are heretics. if you value your life more than your honour you will convert rather than accept death, unfortunately most human beings belong to this category of person.
As a personal curiosity - would you ever consider moving from the UK?
At this point in my life, commitments make that impossible. If my situation were different, I would give a tentative yes.
As they say, "The grass always looks greener."

Of course I don't know your situation an I will not presume that I have any idea about it, but I would just like to say that it doesn't all have to be bad. And there are always people that can lend a helping hand. Just a thought. Stay optimistic.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
At this point in my life, commitments make that impossible. If my situation were different, I would give a tentative yes.
As they say, "The grass always looks greener."

Why would I want to be assocated with Islam?

Anti-Free speech
Anti-Gay
Anti-Democratic
Anti-Human rights
Anti-Gender equality
Anti-Apostasy

I could keep adding to this list until I crashed Bitcointalk's servers for lack of space, so I better stop.

I don't think these two are something bad. Gay propaganda and gender equality (improving female rights) shrink fertility rate significantly. This is why native Europeans population decreasing meanwhile Muslim population growing up because they don't have that shit.
I don't know what it's like where you live, but here in the UK I would like to see the population decrease.
Roads are at gridlock.
Hospitals at breaking point.
Schools oversubscribed.
Serious housing shortage, prices shooting out of control.
Don't bother trying to ring up for a doctors appointment.
Public transport overcrowded.
etc.....

I shudder to think what it's going to be like in 20 years time.
I live in Moscow and it's even worse (much worse) cause there's 12M people in one city.

First of all, you need to understand that these are "side effects" of the modern civilization. That's like a side effect of capitalism - it always needs some cheap working power (edit: so there are immigrants from 3d world countries). The civilization we have doesn't work any other way. It cannot.
Suppose we had just 100M human population over the world. How much scientists would we have had? Could we build such a developed society?  No, we couldn't. We would still be riding fucking horses.
I mean that more people means more inventions which means quicker developing. So decreasing human population (especially white) is a bad thing.

I see that under your avatar it says "Decentralized Jihad". May I ask what does that mean in your opinion?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Decentralized Jihad

Anti-Free speech
Anti-Gay
Anti-Democratic
Anti-Human rights
Anti-Gender equality
Anti-Apostasy

I could keep adding to this list until I crashed Bitcointalk's servers for lack of space, so I better stop.

I don't think these two are something bad. Gay propaganda and gender equality (improving female rights) shrink fertility rate significantly. This is why native Europeans population decreasing meanwhile Muslim population growing up because they don't have that shit.
I don't know what it's like where you live, but here in the UK I would like to see the population decrease.
Roads are at gridlock.
Schools oversubscribed.
etc.....

I live in Moscow and it's even worse (much worse) cause there's 12M people in one city.

First of all, you need to understand that these are "side effects" of the modern civilization. That's like a side effect of capitalism - it always needs some cheap working power (edit: so there are immigrants from 3d world countries). The civilization we have doesn't work any other way. It cannot.
Suppose we had just 100M human population over the world. How much scientists would we have had? Could we build such a developed society?  No, we couldn't. We would still be riding fucking horses.
I mean that more people means more inventions which means quicker developing. So decreasing human population (especially white) is a bad thing.
Seeing how things are in the world, if the situation would arise, would choose denounce Islam in order to live?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying: you'd denounce it or you're asking about it?
Tell us what you would choose if faced with that option. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
Seeing how things are in the world, if the situation would arise, would choose denounce Islam in order to live?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

Anti-Free speech
Anti-Gay
Anti-Democratic
Anti-Human rights
Anti-Gender equality
Anti-Apostasy

Roads are at gridlock.
Schools oversubscribed.
etc.....

This is great, lets hope they keep up their good work.

But here's the problem. Are they muslim? What percentage of the Quran and Hadith are they actually following? Would Muhammad of approved?
They are persecuted around the world and banned from entering Mecca. There's a reason for this.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is the leading Islamic organization to categorically reject terrorism in any form. ....
I don't need to read any further.

Sounds like some of the good guys.

Anti-Free speech
Anti-Gay
Anti-Democratic
Anti-Human rights
Anti-Gender equality
Anti-Apostasy

Please don't hold back - this is an important topic for me about which I've thought a lot.

It's interesting to see the different opinions and seeing the arguments that people have for their opinions.

islam is a twisted version of christianity that replaces god with a pagan idol and says you can pay for your sins with money and good deeds, you need to have a very low iq or nothing in your life to be desperate enough to convert to it

Pages:
Jump to: