Pages:
Author

Topic: In what situation would Bitcoin die? - page 40. (Read 101794 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
September 26, 2017, 12:51:42 PM
How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
For legality issues it is a wide spectrum, I am not totally aware of that we should ask the legal experts but for value wise or different technology wise it is not that easy to die. The reason is still the value is correlated with some how demand and supply and the volume is deep enough to die it might be decrease too lower levels but never be zero I guess, technology wise it is technically possible but not practically, we should wait to see what will happen during the fork, next month.
Activity: 532
Merit: 284
September 26, 2017, 12:46:22 PM
How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?

It's not possible for bitcoin to die but let's suppose how it might happen.
-If the miners somehow stop mining.
-If someone hacks into the bitcoin network.
There are many others ways but these are enough for this topic

Bro, your answer makes no sense.

First you say it is not possible for Bitcoin to die.

Then you say "let's suppose how it might happen".
Right on the spot mate. It really is sound confusing in the sense that you agree that Bitcoin would not die because of some reasons and then at the end you will say, that let's think how it might happen? But then again if you would read it as understandable as you could be it goes something like this:

"It is not possible for bitcoin to die, but let's think how it might suppose to happen."

Something like that, I guess.
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
September 26, 2017, 12:11:32 PM
Nobody knows. Recent events demonstrated that things which nobody expects keep happening all over the world without any control. In such environment bitcoin can die 
I 100 percent agree to you, because bitcoin is here due to the investment and trading of the people and when the people withdraw their investment from bitcoin that will be the time of its death. But I think bitcoin is a child and the world is feeding it to grow more and more.

Therefore I feel that it is not the time of its death besides its growth. Bitcoin gains popularity all over the world.
Activity: 368
Merit: 104
September 26, 2017, 11:47:50 AM
Bitcoin would die if the internet died. Bitcoin would die if government seized exchange funds and sites and closed them down. These are the only 2 ways I see Bitcoin dying at all.
Yeah these events showed that anything can be happened in future but it is also evident that bitcoin have survived through this disaster and retained its value the market by rising again in the market. So I think that bit coin will never die.

If there is an extreme possibility of its death than that is only if some new crypto currency which is more secured and exponentially growing is introduced in the world.
Activity: 406
September 26, 2017, 01:28:54 AM
It will die if all country will ban bitcoin, the internet will shutdown, and there is no investor who want to invest.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
September 23, 2017, 08:25:06 PM
The only two reasons that I see is:
1. Total shutdowb of the internet where we can't access our wallet or do any transaction.
2.Investors getting bored and selling it off (but I think this would never happen).

If internet is diminished, bitcoin would die intantly.

But it can also die with the hack of its internat system including codes and blockchain structure. So far, it was very strong.
Activity: 140
September 23, 2017, 08:23:14 PM
The only two reasons that I see is:
1. Total shutdowb of the internet where we can't access our wallet or do any transaction.
2.Investors getting bored and selling it off (but I think this would never happen).
Activity: 48
Merit: 10
September 23, 2017, 08:22:38 PM
Bitcoin would die if everyone stopped using it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
September 23, 2017, 08:19:21 PM
Situations where Bitcoin dies/becomes useless:

1. Governments across the globe ban it for some reason, and block Bitcoin-related websites.
2. The masses do not embrace it (in this case it would eventually fail).
3. Fall of the internet. If the internet goes down or becomes less popular then Bitcoin could fail to gain the traction it needs to reach critical mass (the point where it officially becomes "a thing", which we have not yet reached).
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
September 23, 2017, 08:02:55 PM
Bitcoin would probably die in one and only case and that is an internet shutdown globaly during a natural disaster or a nuclear war but all the ban / bad influence stuff wont affect bitcoin's health only its value.
The lose of connection in the internet because of shutting it down due to the disaster or war will not affect bitcoin because bitcoin is only depending on the internet but its life is not depending on that. It depends on the miners who mines bitcoin and support the network of it so even the internet will shut down, the life of bitcoin will just stop and it will continue again once the internet goes online.
Activity: 161
September 23, 2017, 06:57:25 PM

Bro, your answer makes no sense.

First you say it is not possible for Bitcoin to die.

Then you say "let's suppose how it might happen".
Activity: 882
Merit: 528
September 23, 2017, 06:45:31 PM

Activity: 364
Merit: 105
September 23, 2017, 05:47:22 PM
Bitcoin would probably die in one and only case and that is an internet shutdown globaly during a natural disaster or a nuclear war but all the ban / bad influence stuff wont affect bitcoin's health only its value.
Technogenic catastrophe can destroy everything. But as soon as computers and the Internet are restored, bitcoin will continue its life. It seems to me that bitcoin can die from losing support and popularity among people
Activity: 140
September 23, 2017, 04:52:32 PM
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 23, 2017, 04:36:36 PM
Possibly bitcoin will die when a terrible disaster assault the entire planet and make all the system down or if you want the great motives maybe it will die if there is certainly no electricity any longer. But the best chance that can take place is when some individuals good results to generate a technique or virus to make bitcoin worthless.
Activity: 694
Merit: 108
santacoin.io
September 18, 2017, 01:57:45 PM
Bitcoin will only die when there is total internet shutdown (no internet service all over the world) which is not going to happen. Cool
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 18, 2017, 01:36:31 PM
We could see that bitcoin is successfully overcoming all the legality issues.It is getting legalized in more countries and even despite china's actions against bitcoin exchanges,bitcoin has managed to remain at the price $4,000.Its increasing demand day by day has made its price to increase constantly.Until now,there is no altcoin which has the potential to replace bitcoin.But,it is said that after twenty years,when quantum computing would be introduced,it would be able to read the private key from the public key,thus safety of bitcoins stored in the wallet getting compromised.So,it might be a serious threat to bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 630
September 18, 2017, 01:24:49 PM
Bitcoin is unlikely to die by now. After all, there is demand for it, and some time has passed for which bitcoin proved its usefulness. Bitcoin can die only if the demand for it is gone. For example, in the case of a nuclear war or a zombie apocalypse, because in the priority will be not coins, and food and water, well, or caps from the bottles of Nuka-cola.
Activity: 299
September 18, 2017, 12:59:30 PM
How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur?
In Bitcoin, the supply decreases in time and will reach its final number somewhere in around 2140
I've read it on blockgeeks.  Wink
Value decrease?
It's value depends on the supply and demand. If more people would invest in bitcoin, it's value will increase. But when a lot of people are withdrawing or converting it into cash it's value will drop.
Legality issues?
I'm not sure about it's legality. But you don't need anybody's approval to use cryptocurrencies. Nobody can prevent us from using it unless it is prohibited by your government.
Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
If someone would invent something more promising than bitcoin.
Activity: 308
September 18, 2017, 12:25:17 PM
government will not take over bitcoin. But may create a similar coin and order every one to use only that coin.
Pages:
Jump to: