Pages:
Author

Topic: In your mind what is a "good" amount of Bitcoin for a newb to hold and be proud? - page 3. (Read 3523 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
Owning 1 bitcoin is a great achivement at this point. Soon it will be unreachable for most people.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
Activity: 350
Merit: 253
Instead of talking absolute numbers, you should talk about the percentage Bitcoin makes up in your investments.

People of different ages and walks of life will value 5 BTC vastly different.

I guarantee you this guy doesn't have a portfolio...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Instead of talking absolute numbers, you should talk about the percentage Bitcoin makes up in your investments.

People of different ages and walks of life will value 5 BTC vastly different.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
At least 20

That would be over $12k at current prices! Definitely something to be proud of but probably out of reach for a newb (which I am, too). I'd stick with your 5, which is awesome, then try diversifying into some other coins which are much cheaper and have the potential to grow faster than btc...

Which ones are you looking at? I have a feeling at least a few more alt coins are gonna explode like bitcoin as bitcoin keeps growing.

I'm new to cryptocurrencies, but right now, I like anoncoin (because it'll be even more anonymous than bitcoin), fastcoin (because it's got the fastest transaction times) and bitbar and unobtanium (due to scarcity). I am doing a series of blog posts where I try to rate every cryptocoin in existence (http://crypt.la/crypto-currency-database/), though, so as I get going with that, I'm sure I'll discover some other gems!

What are you looking at?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
At least 20

That would be over $12k at current prices! Definitely something to be proud of but probably out of reach for a newb (which I am, too). I'd stick with your 5, which is awesome, then try diversifying into some other coins which are much cheaper and have the potential to grow faster than btc...

Which ones are you looking at? I have a feeling at least a few more alt coins are gonna explode like bitcoin as bitcoin keeps growing.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
If the newbie only has $100 in fiat, 0.1 BTC is a very big investment but a very rich newbie ($1 000 000+) might say 10 BTC isn't very much.
Activity: 350
Merit: 253
There is no right or wrong answer. Anyone who asks how much they should be holding clearly does not have the mental fortitude that's necessary as an investor in a volatile commodity such as bitcoin and is likely to get burned in the long run. Bottom line, if you're committed to this, go ahead and invest, but not anymore than you're willing to lose...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
At least 20

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I know it's a completely arbitrary question, but what number pops into your head?

I'm a newb and have just gotten up to 5 BTC and I'm proud to hit that number.
Pages:
Jump to: