Pages:
Author

Topic: In your opinion what are the most fair coins. - page 2. (Read 2661 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
what is a 'fair' coin?
Activity: 497
Merit: 501
The POS coins are fairer to people without miners.

but unfair to the people with out money.

Although this is 100% truth, POS works very well with the right restrictions and rules. This is what enticed me to NEM's IPO (Or, rather, the "Call to participation" - it's emphasis is on a movement and a call to join that movement, not to just simply "invest" and horde/dump/pump). Regulations, in strict moderation and with common sense, are a good thing and necessary.

This is why NEM saw NEMstake - the NXT asset - so those who are in it in the short term can dump if they choose, those who are in it for the long haul will buy in and redeem their asset for the coin when it is released. A process already underway now.

The PoW ship sailed long ago and now only enriches those already deeply invested with heavy mining setups. Newcomers do not stand a chance. The centralization of mining power as well as the currencies themselves just make PoW an outdated model, in my eyes PoW is legacy and is a stepping stone to greater things.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
nem.. by a friggin mile..

3000 stake holders all getting equal amount. "proof of importance" rewards nodes based on their importance to the network and not the amount of coins they have(although it does play a part)

https://medium.com/@xtester/the-new-economy-movement-fb9bb67eb9fe

im astonished no one has mentioned nem yet..

So they pay people for being a node?

no. in proof of stake every account gets forging power based only on the number of coins..

in nem every account gets importance based on a number of factors to do with transactions(details not released yet) and what they do with those coins basically.. the importance you have determines how likely you are to harvest a block... if you are very important to the network, say a merchant that does thousands of transactions a day to all sorts of accounts, they may not necessarily have many coins in their account but that account might be given a very high importance due to the amount of inward/outward transactions.

i think the importance of the account that the transaction is coming from plays a big part too.. so you do not need huge amounts of nem in order to command a high importance and therefore harvest many blocks.. and its not inflation either.. its transaction fees that reward harvesters the same way pos block rewards are generated.. recycled transaction fee's.

beta is out now so you can test it if you like.. people have been trying to brake/manipulate PoI to give themselves higher importance for months and have not succeeded.. they normally end up with lower importance if they try to manipulate their importance by using multiple accounts owned by themselves..
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
NEM & NODE
Activity: 260
NEM
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
NEM is the one of those!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom

3000 stake holders all getting equal amount. "proof of importance" rewards nodes based on their importance to the network and not the amount of coins they have(although it does play a part)

So they pay people for being a node?
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

legendary
Franko is Freedom
Not being secure is not fair to holders/users of coins.

So hashing power is very important.

For that reason classics like IXCoin, DeVCoin, I0Coin, GRouPcoin, CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld look good, in order of how long a term you need to be looking at.

All of them except IXCoin and maybe DeVCoin have had periods during which no public merged mining pools included them in their merge, thus were excellent for miners; anyone could merged mine them easily at one time or another. Plus having been around for years anyone who wanted to has had plenty of time to pick them up cheap.

The last two are still not mined by any of the large public merged mining pools so are STILL great opportunities for private merged mining miners.

GRouPcoin is only merged by mmpool.org as far as I know, and I do not know of any exchange that lists them yet, even Vircurex has not listed them yet though they have said a long time ago that they would so once they see IXCoin and I0Coin do better volumes quite likely they will list them, probably resulting in a lot of dumping by mmpool miners who have been accumulating them for a long time now. Maybe the best time to pick up such coins though could be before they get listed; you might still be able to get them dirt cheap in private deals with miners.

-MarkM-

I agree with this, low hashrates make the coin less secure and less fair for coinholders and why merge mining is such an attractive prospect for the future. I think even dual merge mining with sha256 and scrypt like RibbitRewards uses would be great.

I hold tons of the old coins like ixc, dvc,GG, i0c just from merge mining. I however dont have any coiledcoin but ill definitely look into it. I also dont have any groupcoin but again, something to look into. Thanks for sharing.
legendary
Franko is Freedom
So far best distro is made by: miraclecoin.
Stellar also made a good distro, but it's not good for anonimity.

I dont know much about miraclecoin can you tell me more?
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Pinkcoin PoS

Has had an average price between 60 and 100 satoshis for months allowing most to get in cheap but not too cheap.

Cool trustworthy devs, put up bios with real identities, no POD required. Many features, constantly running giveaways, lotteries and adding features. Poker gaming atmosphere. Cryptocayce is a professional poker player who promotes his coin when in tournaments. Coin even has its very own troll - barabbas (iconic expert).

Yea I can get behind pinkcoin and they support a pretty worth cause.
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Franko of course!  Smiley

WUT!!! GOLDCOIN!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
EnergyCoin
Fairly and free distributed to 800 people of this community.
It is pos so energy saving for better environment.
We working on application for mass usage in The Netherlands so many people can get a fair part if they provide tree data.
The fairly power of EnergyCoin is underestimated by much of the 800 people and they will regret they dumped so cheap.
So EnergyCoin was fairly distributed and is still a very fair CryptoCurrency with great fair future perspectives.
So buy some back now the price is still very fair.
I shall never sell the Energycoin I manage so I 'm fair holder of many of your coins.
legendary
Activity: 1540
FUD Philanthropist™
distrib methods have been talked about at great length before..
so far the break down i seen digital industry post on his blog (then copied here) is spot on.

if i say anything you will all mostly whine and cry Troll/FUD so fuck it.. pick whatever you want and argue about it.
and YOU WILL !
all of crypto is split down the middle with 100% premined coins are legit and fair vs guys that argue against it.

100% premined coins (the trend that took over for the anonymous coins trend) an exchanges best friend LOL
ya let's get rid of that pesky mining all together ahahha
but wait.. let's mine it now then close it later then maybe re-open mining again after (banking coin while its frozen) cough cough HYP coin LOL

answer = what ever the fuck i am bag holding and Shilling /end <-- stating obvious  Roll Eyes

PS:
If you don't LOVE Jackpotcoin your all name changing trolling FUD'ing assholes spreading lies !
and if you DO support it we're best friends forever BFF's we can Skype and cyber and start a collective Wink
And don''t even think of arguing with me or i will get all UNOCS or CryptoAve up in this bitch !

you got my opinion (the correct one) case closed.. feel free to lock the topic now Wink
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Not being secure is not fair to holders/users of coins.

So hashing power is very important.

For that reason classics like IXCoin, DeVCoin, I0Coin, GRouPcoin, CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld look good, in order of how long a term you need to be looking at.

All of them except IXCoin and maybe DeVCoin have had periods during which no public merged mining pools included them in their merge, thus were excellent for miners; anyone could merged mine them easily at one time or another. Plus having been around for years anyone who wanted to has had plenty of time to pick them up cheap.

The last two are still not mined by any of the large public merged mining pools so are STILL great opportunities for private merged mining miners.

GRouPcoin is only merged by mmpool.org as far as I know, and I do not know of any exchange that lists them yet, even Vircurex has not listed them yet though they have said a long time ago that they would so once they see IXCoin and I0Coin do better volumes quite likely they will list them, probably resulting in a lot of dumping by mmpool miners who have been accumulating them for a long time now. Maybe the best time to pick up such coins though could be before they get listed; you might still be able to get them dirt cheap in private deals with miners.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I see the biggest address belongs to bittrex and they have not staked it. That's very fair of bittrex.

Always woundering why they do not stake and sell that to account holders. That would be very fair, and securer for the whole network.

Probably no software support for doing it. In a mature market you would expect exchanges/brokers to allocate and credit to the account holders the way stock brokers do with dividends.

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Monero
Doge

Clean launch, no premine, honest devs.

The first on this list has been abandoned by Developer and premined.

Why did nobody mentioned Peercoin ?

Bitcoin was not a premine. It was announced and discussed prelaunch to the largest (reportedly thousands of people but I'm not sure the true membership count is public) and most logical audience that existed at the time (cryptography mailing list). Hardly anybody mined it because most dismissed it as useless. Their mistake.

Peercoin is reasonable. Namecoin is reasonable. I don't know of any others that aren't tiny.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
I see the biggest address belongs to bittrex and they have not staked it. That's very fair of bittrex.

Always woundering why they do not stake and sell that to account holders. That would be very fair, and securer for the whole network.

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Monero
Doge

Clean launch, no premine, honest devs.

The first on this list has been abandoned by Developer and premined.

Why did nobody mentioned Peercoin ?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★
So far best distro is made by: miraclecoin.
Stellar also made a good distro, but it's not good for anonimity.
Activity: 369
Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?
Franko of course!  Smiley

I'll second that.
Activity: 326
Pages:
Jump to: