Pages:
Author

Topic: Indonesian Ban - page 7. (Read 3515 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
November 03, 2017, 02:38:27 PM
Indonesia’s central bank, has threatened action against bitcoin and say

I must emphasize that BI does not see bitcoin as an official payment tool in Indonesia so all people should know not to use Bitcoin as a means of payment. There is a risk.

Source of news https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-banned-payment-method-adopters-will-dealt-indonesian-central-bank/
If you can't control it, better you ban it , that how the goverments are doing with Bitcoin nowadays. It's actually someways has the opposite effect. More and more people will looking for Bitcoin maybe cause people want to do things that it's prohibited.
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
November 03, 2017, 02:38:15 PM
Actually Indonesian currency is very week and it makes problem to them in future on handling their own currency. So the Indonesian government play a safe side and ban bitcoin so that they can be safe from the future problems
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
November 03, 2017, 02:31:44 PM
doesn't look like the world central banks are too keen on letting their power and control over issuing currency slip out of their grasp.  they're colluding to limit the power individuals have outside of their system and we're going to see more countries begin to implement the same restrictions across the globe before Bank of International Settlement (BIS) issues their own universal digital currency in 2018. 
Apparently, you think it would be that easy ?
Some of them are beginning to understand the fact that the people have started realizing why the control should be in their hands and why they are there to serve us in the first place.

Now, the case is totally different, they are never there for the masses and they have always done things just for their own best interest while monopolizing the whole system. With a stronger community, the less likely it is for them to drop threats as it ends up being an empty one.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
November 03, 2017, 01:46:15 PM

I must emphasize that BI does not see bitcoin as an official payment tool in Indonesia so all people should know not to use Bitcoin as a means of payment. There is a risk.

Source of news https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-banned-payment-method-adopters-will-dealt-indonesian-central-bank/

I read the article. Looks like there is yet an outright ban on bitcoin though I suppose it might no longer be used for some transactions. Weird that us here in the Philippines had no problems with it. I use it to pay for our monthly home utilities for example. I expected Indonesia to be more accepting of this since it's a more advanced country than us.

So, is Indonesia only banning this for payments but they can still be used for trading? What about the exchanges? Would be bad if they missed the cryptotrain...
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
November 03, 2017, 01:34:11 PM

He said from the side of the course the original government has not implemented the article about the law,so far still safe there has been no continuation the ruler of the country.The chat party of Bank Indonesia vigilant but not clear about banned by all that only news from the side of the not yet fig government interference.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 12
November 03, 2017, 01:13:28 PM
this will not have any impact, look at bitcoin prices have skyrocketed and has now reached $ 7400, users are not concerned with the issue of bitcoin banned because this has happened before that is china, india, russia and so forth.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
November 03, 2017, 11:16:54 AM
We need to emphasize that the ban for Bitcoin is only for its function to become a payment method. Which means becoming as a currency in Indonesia will not be allowed, the government may be trying to avoid the loss of income due to the less taxes they will receive if Bitcoin will ever be a popular payment method in their country. But other than that they didn't prohibit other related actions related to Bitcoin such as mining and also trading which for people who want to earn with cryptocurrency is a huge upside for them.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 253
November 03, 2017, 11:11:46 AM
I think maybe bank indonesia is not ready and can not accept btc. But I believe one day btc can be accepted by the bank Indonesia. Why can I say it because I am sure that later that currency will change with electronic money, it is something that will happen sometime

Yes it's right, bank indonesia is not ready to accept bitcoin, because they say bitcoin has a high risk of volatility. so they're not ready to take this risk.
but this prohibition does not give any effect. the use of bitcoin in indonesia is still legal and many people use bitcoin, but it's just forbidden to use as payment. but it's not a problem for me, because I never use bitcoin for payments.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
November 03, 2017, 10:58:27 AM

This is available in Indonesia, but not in the rest of the world, and since Indonesia is not a world powerful economy we, the cryptocoins users, are safe.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
November 03, 2017, 06:36:58 AM
It seems that, the central bank there just forbid the usage of bitcoin, the citizens still have the right to save it and convert it to local fiat there by their own decision but without the protection of government's law.
Already read it somewhere else in the cryptonews website and that's not an actual ban. The government seem just trying to keep their citizens from any scamming activities but unfortunately misunderstood the real concept of bitcoin.
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
November 03, 2017, 06:15:19 AM
When the BI has asserted Bitcoin is not a valid payment instrument, those who use it will be dealt with. what is wrong with bitcoin?
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
November 03, 2017, 05:51:11 AM
I think maybe bank indonesia is not ready and can not accept btc. But I believe one day btc can be accepted by the bank Indonesia. Why can I say it because I am sure that later that currency will change with electronic money, it is something that will happen sometime
It could be something like that. It could be possible that indonesian people aren't pursuing crypto as their government went into that decision. Anyway, life will goes on and crypto currencies were gaining more supporters to proved its power to dominate over fiat in field of online transaction. Maybe Indonesian government doesn't make feel with this, but believing they will bring back crypto in their backyard.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
November 03, 2017, 05:34:32 AM
If indeed the central bank indonesia do banned against bitcoin, it isn't a big problem for the users of indonesia. Because of the nature of the data that I always make the analysis (indonesia) to buy bitcoin, they have a sufficient level of rescpet against the bitcoin. So it's not bad news for the growth of the bitcoin, this is now the most important is our motivation to strengthen the network of bitcoin: that is known by most people and they are happy to use it

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
November 03, 2017, 04:56:49 AM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 03, 2017, 04:35:30 AM

The title is bad. This is NOT A BAN; it is just an advice.

Even an online retailer could accept bitcoin as "exchange" for goods as long as there is no explicit legal ban. 
Activity: 462
Merit: 515
November 03, 2017, 04:32:38 AM
I come from Indonesia so I know why our government banned Bitcoin,

they are average old, so they still do not understand what is technology Blockchain Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Maybe, they are afraid of losing their grip on power?

Well, that is the government the population chose, no? So are they average old too?  Cheesy
Next time you will have a new chance to choose your representants, make sure to choose one that will be friendly to Bitcoin and its technology for the developement of your people as individuals. Bitcoin can be a good proposal for candidates and it can even decide a poll if Bitcoin is important for people in your country.

This may not be as easy as you think. I'm not even sure that the Indonesian people are allowed to choose their "representatives". Have you ever thought that they might not have a say in such matters? Not that people's opinion is worth much anywhere in the world, but in this case it may matter even less than that. They obviously have an authoritarian government which can outright ban Bitcoin without a second thought that it just proves how authoritarian they are.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
November 03, 2017, 02:44:05 AM

That's all in this country have ended crypto-currencies. I wonder who's next, I watch the trend the waterfall went. It is seen not all as well as they tell us and there are pitfalls and problems in their application.
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
November 03, 2017, 02:09:56 AM
I belong to the one of this citizens, and I don't really concern about it, it's okay, also I don't think at all.. with that news, Bitcoiners Indonesian will be reduced, it's not very influential I guess. Bitcoiners Indonesian is still a lot, and there are still many people who can still sell bitcoin to regular currency, including me.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
November 03, 2017, 01:41:03 AM
Yes, It's the same situation in Vietnam too, the goverment already made a law that prohibited guys who use bitcoin as the official payment and you could be busted by using it at a method payment.
Even though that's true, the ban only applies to situations where people try to use bitcoins to make purchases online. It doesn't apply to to people owning and saving bitcoins so I think this is rather very fortunate for the bitcoin network because the news didn't even affect the price as a whole.
Yes, it is true. such regulations only prohibit the use of bitcoin as a valid means of payment. because the government does not want to bear the worst risk if it happens
Those who are afraid of bitcoin at this time I am sure they will praise bitcoin and future as Indonesian thinks that their culprits are using it they can freeze their assets so that they cannot use it, don’t give punishment to the whole region if some of individuals are involved and bitcoin is the main way to the bright and developed future for every region so banning it is saying goodbye to progress and profit.
Activity: 355
Merit: 100
Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing
November 02, 2017, 01:22:37 PM
I think now days countries are not ready to accept btc as they cannot regulate this space and would not like such things to exists which is not owned or controlled by them. Due to which the ban is being placed and I think this is a bad thing from the bitcoin space for future if it continues this way only.

It is quite hard to establish a government where it has circulation of inflation currency such as bitcoin , becasue just like you say governemnt or the whole country would not have enough power and strength to regulate crypto-currency in transaction or apart on their economical state. Some may result to low cost transaction or the total dump of the price of the local currecny becasue of the support for cashless transaction such as bitcoin or any altcoin. That may be the reason why Indonesia banned bitcoin but there are some point that they pass always the future not trusting on the system of the possible future money.
Pages:
Jump to: