Pages:
Author

Topic: Indonesia’s Central Bank is Planning to Ban Bitcoin in 2018 - page 4. (Read 1514 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Many governments dont like bitcoin because it poses a percieved threat to their power. They might try to ban it but doing so might not have the desired effect. It is pretty difficult to isolate bitcoin traffic on the internet and stop that, while leaving other traffic through.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
Even if they ban it I am sure people would figure a way to invest in it and earn money from it. Furthermore if they ban it and if a neighbor country adopts it they would have no choice but to adopt it.
Activity: 185
Merit: 3
This goes for the bad news for Indonesia. I wonder how many are panic selling their Bitcoins right now in Indonesia. This is one of the things I've expected the government will do if they started to put an attention to cryptocurrencies. They can either ban it or put tax into it. If they will really plan on doing it, then it isn't really the end. It will encourage a lot more users to use VPN to continue their use of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 126
It would probably be a good hit to the Indonesia community in here, so i wouldn't be surprised if they really ban bitcoin in a near future, but yes, the banks really need to stop spreading fud about it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
He went on to detail additional restrictive measures by the bank, stating:

We [will] also prevent arbitrage opportunities, unhealthy business practices and business controls by parties outside the legal reach of Indonesia’s laws that could damage the structure of industries here.

detail here https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/indonesia-planning-ban-bitcoin-2018-report/

what do you think about this ?

i think my country not ready to growing with this blockchain era.
this is due to a rejection letter from the ministry of religion and they consider this to be a big gambling event in the world. and I think this is a big mistake because with the bitcoin in disbursement, the tax is huge, and it will also increase the country's foreign exchange. "Very disappointing with this ban, hopefully it will not happen."
Activity: 812

We [will] also prevent arbitrage opportunities, unhealthy business practices and business controls by parties outside the legal reach of Indonesia’s laws that could damage the structure of industries here.

detail here https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/indonesia-planning-ban-bitcoin-2018-report/

I know this information. While Bitcoin is volatile, the Bank of Indonesia Governor said the country will issue a ban on Bitcoin and other digital money, which will be enforced by 2018. It appears that your country take strict and thorough measures for digital money, this may make it difficult for people who are using Bitcoin in your country. I think they have a negative opinion about Bitcoin, they fear that it will cause the economy to go down and cause more risk in investment.
I do not even care about this news, and even China. Bitcoin is unlikely to be affected by this issue.
I strongly agree with your statement, this is a problem for the people of Indonesia who use Bitcoin. I'm sure many people will panic with this news.
I want to respond to this casually. Cool
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
Really that Indonesia ban bitcoin in 2018? Blockchain is one superior technology right? Be patient and respect all of law guys Smiley we hope all is fine Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
I don't think Indonesia will really go over it because I believe what bitcoin is heading now will continue to succeed and I'm confident that it will recieve support from many countries soon enough after seeing how it can make a difference in the economy and lives of many individuals. Maybe some countries were afraid or confused with regards to digital market but I'm sure this issue will soon be settled
Activity: 254
Merit: 10
Its not a good news for indonesians. Right now they can only sell their bitcoin if they have any because its a waste for you if government will ban it. There is another option for you, you can transfer your bitcoin to your friend which is in another country.

I'm indonesian and I'm following to this news a few months ago... From what I have read from various sources so far is "Indonesia’s Central Bank" just ban bitcoin for transactions... and not recommend people to have it because of high risk of the prices and they don't responsible for the resulting of loss.
Activity: 139
Merit: 0
I guess this whole blockchain technology brings a lot of threat to banks and the government because of it being decentralized and anonymous. I understand their stand of protecting their market and investors. But I think that technological advancement and creating regulations could go a long way as well. This said, where the balance between security versus advancement arises, I'm sure there are other ways where we can make both ends meet.
Nothing will happen to bitcoin because bitcoin don’t care about any ban in past bitcoin already faced ban from china and every one knows how bitcoin fight against them bitcoin is now very strong and stable because there is a very support to bitcoin by some rich countries and bitcoin know to make itself stable with high price in market so Indonesian will be most welcome for ban because we will support bitcoin forever and I wish that bitcoin will become more strong than ever.
Activity: 742

I know this information. While Bitcoin is volatile, the Bank of Indonesia Governor said the country will issue a ban on Bitcoin and other digital money, which will be enforced by 2018. It appears that your country take strict and thorough measures for digital money, this may make it difficult for people who are using Bitcoin in your country. I think they have a negative opinion about Bitcoin, they fear that it will cause the economy to go down and cause more risk in investment.
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
Its not a good news for indonesians. Right now they can only sell their bitcoin if they have any because its a waste for you if government will ban it. There is another option for you, you can transfer your bitcoin to your friend which is in another country.
Activity: 350
im indonesian, right now im in indonesian and hear about the issues, after i do some research i can get some point, the great point is as i know that bitcoin is banned to be the currencies for payment, to buy or sell something, and as i know that bitcoin can used for trading
Activity: 287
Merit: 102

This are bad news, i don't know what kind of Government you have over there but i have a strong believe that after all, even if it will take some time, the Indonesian Government will realize the value of blockchain technology.
If it is real news so Indonesia cannot doing bad with bitcoin they will only suffer their masses and I hope people will insist in favour of bitcoin against the government. China have banned many time bitcoin in their country but later on China reopen block chains in the country so it is not a bad news for bitcoin, it is just a bad news just for Indonesians. Bitcoin  will not loss his value even the world accept it being a legal currency in all over the world or not.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1
How could anyone ban Bitcoin anyway. At least how can they stop a person from using it. They can't. It would just hurt that people can't make transactions with it, or easily convert it into fiat.
Activity: 322
Merit: 116
I guess this whole blockchain technology brings a lot of threat to banks and the government because of it being decentralized and anonymous. I understand their stand of protecting their market and investors. But I think that technological advancement and creating regulations could go a long way as well. This said, where the balance between security versus advancement arises, I'm sure there are other ways where we can make both ends meet.
Activity: 337
Merit: 195
Graphics/Signature Designer https://bit.ly/2Q1AOrY
Indonesians should not let this happen. You guys should sign a petition regarding this issue. Bitcoin somehow helps to decrease unemployment rate not just in your country but also in neighboring nations. I'm sure the Indonesian government will do something and they will hear your voices. Hopefully they will lift and stop the banning to your country.
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
This is not true ..

Because the new Indonesian government inaugurated bitcoin some time ago, I see clearly social media from bitcoin to Indonesia officially open, if you are born from the country of Indonesia and ask such questions, then you do not want to see progress in your country.
There is no central bank word for Indonesia to remove bitcoin in 2018.
Because the Indonesian government has just inaugurated bitcoin in Indonesia.
Bitcoin is a fiat currency for future success, which can change the economy from a weak financial state.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
there are plenty of rumour regarding bitcoin and government in indonesia but most of indonesian people still can use bitcoin until today because own bitcoin not against the law and currently they only prohibit bitcoin to use to physical stores and daily transactions because indonesia government said they only consider bitcoin as digital asset but not as the currencies which is can use on everywhere
Nothing will happen to bitcoin is Indonesian bank ban bitcoin because before Indonesian china also ban bitcoin and know we can see that where is bitcoin don’t care about any ban as a replace of Indonesia and china some other countries have already make bitcoin legal and recently Indian bank also accept bitcoin which is a very good thing for bitcoin and some more banks are also going to accept bitcoin because bitcoin is the only currency which can help to any country.
Activity: 644
Looks like Indonesia wants to buy more Bitcoin...
Naturally, if you think so, it may be due to circulate similar news that one of the countries will leave bitcoin but in fact the country is even buy up bitcoin out. I think Indonesia will not do the same thing, Indonesia bans bitcoin if bitcoin is used as a medium of exchange because in Indonesia the only legitimate means of exchange is rupiah, if bitcoin is used as a medium of exchange the value of rupiah will decrease.
Pages:
Jump to: