Pages:
Author

Topic: Inflation and Deflation of Price and Money Supply - page 9. (Read 1268921 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
How can a digital simulation of money become more illusory than it already is? Simulated money will always be an illusion, but because it is a simulation we do not have to accept the 'rules' coded into it as if they were the Ten Commandments. Instead, we can select the relevant sections of source code, hit the delete button, and start over.
 Undecided Undecided
Activity: 90
Merit: 21
from all the above, I realized only one thing, that the price of bitcoin may fall not because of the presence of a huge number of sellers, but because of the lack of buyers

That is exact.

As more fiat currencies fall inevitably more people will come to bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
from all the above, I realized only one thing, that the price of bitcoin may fall not because of the presence of a huge number of sellers, but because of the lack of buyers
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
What has been said in this thread, if anything, about coins who have no fixed cap, and thus unending mining designed?
Activity: 34
I think mining is bring down hazard than trading in light of the fact that the prizes are unsurprising. It's as yet conceivable to be dumb and accomplish something like CPU mining, which gets you basically 0 reward and costs you a considerable measure as far as power and so on. However, accepting diggers are normal and fit for assessing the cost/advantage, and expecting the ASIC merchants start thinking responsibly so free market activity for ASIC mining equipment levels out, at that point mining is bring down hazard as a result of the settled startup costs and unsurprising exponentially diminishing returns. It's conceivable to lose cash on mining, however the factors (trouble, square reward, arrange hash rate, mining pool expenses, PPS versus PPLNS versus DGM versus POT and so on.) are all in the open. The factors that influence you when you theorize on the trades are generally covered up.

The ASIC sellers right currently are making colossal repressed request which may even be driving the cost of BTC up as some kind of air pocket. Conventionally a normal performing artist would see this much request and react by capitalizing on it and offering ASICs until the point when the request drops down. Evidently, effectively delivering an ASIC is hard to the point that there's a kind of hindrance happening at the present time.
Activity: 12
According to Keynesian economists, inflation comes in two varieties: demand-pull and cost-push. Demand-pull inflation occurs when consumers demand goods, possibly because of a larger money supply, at a rate faster than production. Cost-push inflation occurs when the input prices for goods tend to rise, possibly because of a larger money supply, at a rate faster than consumer preferences change.
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
Keynesian and other non-monetarist economists reject orthodox interpretations of the quantity theory. Their definitions of inflation focus more on actual price increases, with or without money supply considerations.
Activity: 87
Infrastructure for bitcoin generated from mining and we need a device that is not cheap. maybe in future after bitcoin can't be mining, the miner will mining other altcoin and payout in bitcoin like a multipool.
 Lips sealed Lips sealed
Activity: 90
Merit: 21
Bitcoin is an asset that has limited supply, witch make it more expensive over time, meaning, over adoption. People need to remember that Bitcoin came to substitute money as we seen today. Governments and Banks have been creating money from thin air since World War One when they created fiat money, since then inflation is taken wealth from people as the value of the paper is reduced by new printed money, as colateral as that we have debt increase which take wealth from futures generations to be expended nowadays. As more fiat currencies fail around the world more people will realise what is real money and they will come for Bitcoin as store of value beacuse of it intrisic value, scarcity.
Activity: 99
I really think at this current rate bitcoin is producing over capacity output which also makes the demand for it lower. I think the value of it will start to slowly depreciate
Activity: 56
Oh, to have been involved in Bitcoin back when having 10-20 BTC didn't put you in the top 1% already!

Great explanation of inflation and deflation, shame I am five years late!
Activity: 106
This naturally happens in the buainesa worl.In good times or in bad times, you need to be adaptive and flexible.You have to be ready in inflation and deflatio  of price and money supply.
Activity: 76
Merit: 4
Bitcoin is a great way to invest, because there are limited amount of it. There is no inflation, conversely, the price goes up.
Activity: 4
If I'm an intermediate and all values of the apple are static, then of course I get part of the value creation.

But you can also see this differently.

Suppose that yesterday, I really wanted to possess an apple.  I bought an apple for 6 eggs, and I valued it 10 eggs.  So I had a value creation of 4 eggs for that.

However, today I realize that I don't like having an apple any more.  I value the apple today only 2 eggs.   I now sell that apple to you for 6 eggs.  I have AGAIN a value creation today of 4 eggs by this act.

If you have valued an apple all the time 8 eggs, then you could have bought it directly yesterday for 6 eggs (market price) and gained 2 eggs of value.  When you buy the apple from me you also pay 6 eggs, and you gain 2 eggs of value.

So if you directly buy the apple, you win 2 eggs and I, nothing.  "total gain 2 eggs"

If I buy the apple, and then sell it to you, I win 4 eggs yesterday, 4 eggs today, and you win 2 eggs in value.  "total gain 10 eggs".

You can say: yes, but your change in mood made you LOOSE 8 eggs.  No.  Value is only instantaneously and subjective.  I cannot compare value to me yesterday, with value to me today.  I can only say, at each instant, what I value and what I don't value.

Appreciation changes.  Subjective value changes.
Economic down because centralized system, now time for crypto to fix that mistake, crypto is the future...
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
I think that there will be a natural growth of bitcoin and highly dependent currencies. The price is formed as demand for it - the demand can depend on the news around the crypto currency. This has already been-positive news (for example, the adoption by some country of the law on the legalization of crypto-currency transactions) and negative (ban on trade, etc.) are heading the course.
the information you provide is very good, and the explanation is easy to understand, and very useful for determining or predicting price movements in the market, especially for beginners like me who learn to trade cypto currency
Activity: 182
eventually the bank is merely to comply with its mean reserve requirement. It just must own the 900$ when somebody else pays the check, if it isn’t at the same banks.
Activity: 84
I'm enjoying the different points of view that have already shared in this threads , will help discussion very rich with vital information . Just like most field of endeavor is bound to different school's of thought all of which help to advance the course of knowledge . Being student economics, I'm just want to know how it works the concept of this inflation and deflation in practical terms that help to improve the economy of nations and don't limit ourselves to definition and Symantec terms
Activity: 574
Merit: 108
Relatively, the value of the Bitcoin and the price of the products and/or services are inversely proportional to each other; resulting to price inflation or price deflation. Price inflation simply means that everytime the value of Bitcoin decreases, the price of the products and/or services increases. On the other hand, what happens in price deflation is the opposite of what happens to price inflation. Price deflation means that if the value of Bitcoin increases, the price of products and/or services definitely decreases. All of these price inflation and deflation varies upon the value of Bitcoin. Therefore, the rate of change of the price depends on the value of Bitcoin. However, this rate of change in the price is not only limited alone on how the value of the Bitcoin varies as there are other factors that is considered to be the cause of such change.
Pages:
Jump to: